Installing Fan washers

mrbhav25

Aug 6, 2017
West Berkshire
Hey all, does anyone no if the Leon FR 'tech' 65 plate, comes with heated or non heated jet washers, as standard?

I have just bought my 2nd hand Leon, and not sure how to find out. Feel free to ask for more info if needed.

I know my car has the Tech pack,

Thanks for any help,
Bhavik

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Hey all, does anyone no if the Leon FR 'tech' 65 plate, comes with heated or non heated jet washers, as standard?

I have just bought my 2nd hand Leon, and not sure how to find out. Feel free to ask for more info if needed.

Thanks for any help,
Bhavik

If the washers are heated you'll have an electric cable plugged into the washer unit - open the bonnet and have a look at the underside of the unit where the hose goes into it and your answer should be there.
Enjoy your new motor mate, they're a great car.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow

Thanks for any help,
Bhavik

If you have headlamp washers you will definitely have heated screen washers but I don't think you would have them otherwise.

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Mine arrived today and I had to immediately install them. Took me 15 mins to do, without tools..
Just 1) pull back and 2) down....

3ff4ff22262cca77beddb10e64514eb0.jpg

12 mins of those were taking some pics... Not any different from the OP, just close up showing part number,

4d941efe15cc8fb6a75380b74ee39770.jpg

VW logo,

32623c073d20de4a7c5063bbaa1c7673.jpg

and that mine has a T10 adjustment screw......

640a6218a3b899e1b5cad8823b6a5146.jpg

Anyone who is in doubt in doing this, don't waste any more time. A massive improvement spraying water all over the screen.... I have set mine on highest level and this covers the entire windscreen.

Many thanks to the OP for the info. Such a simple but effective mod.

Last edited:

mrbhav25

Aug 6, 2017
West Berkshire
Mine arrived today and I had to immediately install them. Took me 15 mins to do, without tools.. But 12 mins of those were taking some pics... Not any different from the OP, just close up showing part number, VW logo, and that mine has a T10 adjustment screw......

Anyone who is in doubt in doing this, don't waste any more time. A massive improvement spraying water all over the screen.... I have set mine on highest level and this covers the entire windscreen. Many thanks to the OP for the info.

Ah that's great!!
Thanks for the update.
May I ask where you ordered your from?

Also what do you mean by 'setting on the highest level' am I able to adjust the amount of spray, as I would like to increase the coverage as well.
Please could you guide on this, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Ah that's great!!
Thanks for the update.
May I ask where you ordered your from?

Also what do you mean by 'setting on the highest level' am I able to adjust the amount of spray, as I would like to increase the coverage as well.
Please could you guide on this, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought them from a VW dealer on eBay.....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172800938875

As for highest setting I mean I have adjusted the adjustment T10 torx screw so the jet points all the way up... While car is stationary the jets cover the windscreen almost completely, but be aware the faster you drive the lower the airflow over the car will force the jets back down...

d3a1316e620d81edfd42a601a0ab7e45.jpg

Sorry pic won't show up until the I've done 15 days...

Last edited:

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Just bought a pair of non-heated fan washers off eBay for 12 quid.

141440478977 is the listing number if anyone is looking.

Hi,

Just had a look at the eBay listing, but it's £12.19 for one. Is that the correct listing?

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
Ive got a set of genuine VW heated fan washer jets for sale if anyone is interested. Took them off my Leon before I traded it in last week.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Never thought about doing this, but the originals are soo poor I think I will get it done.

Just need to check mine are heated or not. I am sure they are seeing as I have the winter pack, but will double check.

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Never thought about doing this, but the originals are soo poor I think I will get it done.

Just need to check mine are heated or not. I am sure they are seeing as I have the winter pack, but will double check.

If you've got the winter pack they'll be heated.

There's a cable that goes into the side of the washer.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Last edited: