Water pouring out of front doors Leon Cupra.

dohc52uk

Apr 4, 2017
Hi All,

I have done a search but not found exactly the issue I'm having, which is;

'58 reg Leon Cupra, after rain, when opening the front doors, water pours out of the bottom of doors, hinge end of doors (as opposed to the door handle end).
Wondering what is going on, it's the wifes daily so not myself yet checked it out to see what's going on, but wondering if it's a common issue & if it needs attention.
No water ingress into car, but I don't know what would happen if the car was not used for a few days and the water in the doors (if it is in the doors) built up.

Any info much appreciated thanks.

brian1912

May 7, 2017
Hi All,

I have done a search but not found exactly the issue I'm having, which is;

'58 reg Leon Cupra, after rain, when opening the front doors, water pours out of the bottom of doors, hinge end of doors (as opposed to the door handle end).

Wondering what is going on, it's the wifes daily so not myself yet checked it out to see what's going on, but wondering if it's a common issue & if it needs attention.

No water ingress into car, but I don't know what would happen if the car was not used for a few days and the water in the doors (if it is in the doors) built up.

Any info much appreciated thanks.

If you run your hand along the bottom of your door you’ll find little holes 4 I believe these are designed to let the water out the inside of your door so it dosent build up and then you get water ingress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Mine does this also (62 plate) I've never really investigated it but doesn't seem to have caused any issues.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

brian1912

May 7, 2017
Mine does this also (62 plate) I've never really investigated it but doesn't seem to have caused any issues.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

All car doors aren’t water tight you’ll probably find inside the door most cars have what they call a shower curtain to keep the electrics dry there was a issue years ago on Honda civics where they factory fitted rubber bungs which caused the doors to fill with water then rust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members