Options affecting Leon lead times

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Does anyone know if Customer Services can see details on build etc? Getting nothing out of my dealer, just the same update everytime off "it'll be here roughly January"

Same update 3 times in a row now, and everytime I ask for extra details I get "we'll have a look and call you back" which never happens...

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Does anyone know if Customer Services can see details on build etc? Getting nothing out of my dealer, just the same update everytime off "it'll be here roughly January"

Same update 3 times in a row now, and everytime I ask for extra details I get "we'll have a look and call you back" which never happens...

Yes they can. Get your order number from the dealership and customer services will be able to see the order status when you call them.

Will save you a lot of time on waiting for the dealer to get back to you

Proby

I Luv Boost!!
Aug 17, 2009
Picked ours up this morning. Pleased with the colour, reminds me of Akoya silver on the Audi A3's a few years back.
bd5ac8cec2dfb0153919c4d8ff61fef2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Very nice!

joestif

Dec 15, 2017
Newbie here!!

So I have been watching this thread for a few months now. As I have ordered a Leon for the wife. I was initially given a lead time of 30 weeks by the dealer.

Some stats for the spreadsheet:

Ordered through drive the deal
Ordered 28th September 2017 - given 30 week lead time
Dealer is JCB Seat in Ashford Kent

Car ordered:
Seat Leon FR 1.4 125ps 5 door Manual
Mystery Blue
Technology Pack
Parking Assistance Pack
Covienience Pack Plus
Adaptive Cruise Control
Winter Pack
18" alloys - forget which, the ones that came free.

Initially given an unconfirmed build week of week 8 - which fits in line with 30 week lead time.

Just got off phone to Seat UK again, and they say it is now a confirmed build week 51, delivery 4 weeks after that. So that would be about 17-18 weeks.

Cheers

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Managed to speak to someone different at our dealership. Gained our Order Number from them and actually found out that we've got a unconfirmed build week of week 5 2018, so unsure where the actual guy who's been dealing with our order has got his info from as this differs massively to the "collection end of december/early january"

Last edited:

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
Yay!

Pics & impressions please :p

Sorry no pics as it's raining!

Initial impressions are very positive. It drives very nicely, the DSG box is very smooth and the engine is nice and responsive - can't wait until it's got a few miles on to explore the upper end of the rev range!

No rattles but TBH a bit more road noise than I was expecting but not to bad, probably due to the 18 inch alloys and low profile tyres.

The tech seems to be fairly intuitive, like most men I'm not a big fan of reading instruction books!

The FR logo in the door step lights up which is a nice touch but why did SEAT thought that having the option to choose a dozen different colours for the lights in the door card was a good idea, seems like tech for tech sake rather than a selling point.

The underfloor storage in the boot is huge, not something I'd guess many would look at before hand but the centre armrest cubby box is small.

LED headlights are very good.

One small niggle, we have a dog and setting the alarm to turn off the interior sensors is a bit long winded.

Overall I doubt anyone will be disappointed when they get there car, it's a nice place to be, enough tech to be interesting and it drives very well.

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
1.4 125hp 3 Door (SC) FR with 18" alloys (30/1 i think they call them). Ordered 27 October with initial unconfirmed build week 9.

It is a lease order

Any options ordered?

Ordered car 21.10.2017, haven't heard from the dealer since, wrote an email yesterday and received a phone call. Dealer said car is built and it is to be received in the dealership somewhere around Christmas (22.12 planned), so it will be ready to take it in January. I have an additional N1 certification process that will probably take 2-3 weeks more before I can have it registered but seems like I will get it before the end of January. :)

What did you order and when?

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
I'm interested in a used Cupra 2017 at my dealer, it does not have Full Link with CarPlay but the dealer claims it can be activated for about £150, is it so with all infotainment systems nowadays?

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Had an email from dealer earlier this week, they’re planning on giving me a courtesy car late January and taking my current Leon in as part-ex at the same time. VWFS are refusing to extend my agreement any further but the dealer has said they will not allow me not to have a car, massive thumbs up for that . Fingers crossed the courtesy car isn’t a Mii though .

Increasing the mileage to 20,000 makes a £50pm difference. For now I’m going to leave the mileage at 10,000 and see how many more I do in the first year, when/if I move house. It may be that I don’t do as many as I expect. According to the SEAT Finance and VWFS websites you can increase the mileage during the agreement on PCH.

Can’t wait to get the new one now, been waiting long enough!! Still confirmed build week 2, I’m assuming that’s unlikely to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Had an email from dealer earlier this week, they’re planning on giving me a courtesy car late January and taking my current Leon in as part-ex at the same time. VWFS are refusing to extend my agreement any further but the dealer has said they will not allow me not to have a car, massive thumbs up for that . Fingers crossed the courtesy car isn’t a Mii though .

Result mate :clap:

Increasing the mileage to 20,000 makes a £50pm difference. For now I’m going to leave the mileage at 10,000 and see how many more I do in the first year, when/if I move house. It may be that I don’t do as many as I expect. According to the SEAT Finance and VWFS websites you can increase the mileage during the agreement on PCH

This is true.
On the PCH agreement I signed up to 10k a year for 24 months.
At a couple of points during the agreement they sent me a mileage amendment letter.

When I contacted VWFS I was told that I could make amendments to my mileage at any time after the first 6 months except within the last 6 months.
So a period of 12 months.

I updated my mileage as I hadn't done anywhere near the agreed 10k a year.
They dropped my payments by around £90 per month :D

My agreement was supposed to end in November, but due to the quoted late March/early April delivery on my next PCH agreement they have extended for a further 5 months at the same rate.

By the end of the agreement I'll have been paying £160 pcm for a CUPRA for just under a year :D

joestif

Dec 15, 2017
Some good news.

Had confirmation from my dealer that my car was built last week (week 50?) and is "leaving the factory as I type this" according to him.

Looking at being available for collection early to mid January. Don't think I can be bothered to delay it until 18 plates in March.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Good news! Picking my new toy up tomorrow ��

Excellent!

Some good news.

Had confirmation from my dealer that my car was built last week (week 50?) and is "leaving the factory as I type this" according to him.

Looking at being available for collection early to mid January. Don't think I can be bothered to delay it until 18 plates in March.

I wouldn't bother delaying until the 18 plates if you can pick up in mid-Jan. Go and get your new car!

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Bloody hell... avoid JCB SEAT Ashford for your dear life.

Practically just admitted to me on the phone that they'd cocked up by giving me the wrong information 4 weeks ago. I asked if I could make a change to order (potentially add ACC and Alcantara) and they said I couldn't at the time.

They've basically just admitted that I could have done, but then went on a :censored: spiel about factory orders turning up when they're still only showing as accepted, and the "lottery" of build weeks and sometimes they don't know if they make changes how it might affect the car getting built.

No sympathy.
No attempt to rectify the situation.
No suggestion that they would even try a goodwill gesture for the trouble - "we're already losing money on this sale, so we won't offer any compensation".
No apologies for it taking three phone calls and live chat to get through to the sales manager.

Basically ended with "I can cancel the order for you". :censored: no, that's my decision to make not yours. Easily the worst experience I've ever had as a customer of any business - they really do not seem to care.

Going to have a b**ch at SEAT UK tomorrow about this, not that they're any more useful. But this has really put me off going to the dealership to get the car when it actually arrives - I ordered through DTD so I've never actually visited them.

This really makes me question why I have put up with this cr*p for the last 20 weeks. It's probably only that I've waited this long, I might as well just wait another 8 weeks or so.

Not a happy bunny right nowwwwwwwwwwww [:@][:@][:@]

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Update for the spreadsheet: Unconfirmed build week 5 for my Cupra ST. VC confirmed by customer services too.

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Bloody hell... avoid JCB SEAT Ashford for your dear life.

Practically just admitted to me on the phone that they'd cocked up by giving me the wrong information 4 weeks ago. I asked if I could make a change to order (potentially add ACC and Alcantara) and they said I couldn't at the time.

They've basically just admitted that I could have done, but then went on a :censored: spiel about factory orders turning up when they're still only showing as accepted, and the "lottery" of build weeks and sometimes they don't know if they make changes how it might affect the car getting built.

No sympathy.

No attempt to rectify the situation.

No suggestion that they would even try a goodwill gesture for the trouble - "we're already losing money on this sale, so we won't offer any compensation".

No apologies for it taking three phone calls and live chat to get through to the sales manager.

Basically ended with "I can cancel the order for you". :censored: no, that's my decision to make not yours. Easily the worst experience I've ever had as a customer of any business - they really do not seem to care.

Going to have a b**ch at SEAT UK tomorrow about this, not that they're any more useful. But this has really put me off going to the dealership to get the car when it actually arrives - I ordered through DTD so I've never actually visited them.

This really makes me question why I have put up with this cr*p for the last 20 weeks. It's probably only that I've waited this long, I might as well just wait another 8 weeks or so.

Not a happy bunny right nowwwwwwwwwwww [:@][:@][:@]

Ewen,

Lee Hearn at JCB Ashford is very good. He gave me several quotes before I ordered. Albeit I went via another dealer as they were just a little bit more competitive.

Lee is the Business Development Manger and I think he’d like to hear about the issues you’ve had.

Sadly, it does sound like you’re unable to change your order now. But hey, ACC isn’t all that, the alcantara is nice (I have it on my current Leon) but I wouldn’t say it makes a huge difference. That said, if JCB messed up they should offer an apology at least.

I’m hoping Raheel is going to authorise a service pack as a goodwill gesture for me. He reckons it’s only 2-3 weeks late though. However, when I ordered I was told it would be here by Xmas.

For now I’m not fussed, given up worrying about it haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise