Options affecting Leon lead times

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Ewen,

Lee Hearn at JCB Ashford is very good. He gave me several quotes before I ordered. Albeit I went via another dealer as they were just a little bit more competitive.

Lee is the Business Development Manger and I think he’d like to hear about the issues you’ve had.

Sadly, it does sound like you’re unable to change your order now. But hey, ACC isn’t all that, the alcantara is nice (I have it on my current Leon) but I wouldn’t say it makes a huge difference. That said, if JCB messed up they should offer an apology at least.

I’m hoping Raheel is going to authorise a service pack as a goodwill gesture for me. He reckons it’s only 2-3 weeks late though. However, when I ordered I was told it would be here by Xmas.

For now I’m not fussed, given up worrying about it haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might reach out to Lee to see what he thinks!

Tbh none of this really matters - I did order the stuff I wanted when I ordered the car. ACC and Alcantara are the two things I might have put on if I had the chance, but neither is a deal breaker - but they don't need to know this ;)

I'm more annoyed at the misinformation and attitude everyone has about it. And it would be nice if they just owned up, took some responsibility and did something to make me feel better

Give me free paint protection or something.

Raheel still hasn't said what he can do as a goodwill gesture for me, but he did say he would liaise with JCB SEAT if needed to discuss this issue. I'm going to make him do that because if I speak to that guy again I'll end up getting angry

Last edited:

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire

Tbh none of this really matters - I did order the stuff I wanted when I ordered the car. ACC and Alcantara are the two things I might have put on if I had the chance, but neither is a deal breaker - but they don't need to know this ;)

I'm more annoyed at the misinformation and attitude everyone has about it. And it would be nice if they just owned up, took some responsibility and did something to make me feel better

Raheel still hasn't said what he can do as a goodwill gesture for me, but he did say he would liaise with JCB SEAT if needed to discuss this issue. I'm going to make him do that because if I speak to that guy again I'll end up getting angry

Ewen, who have you been dealing with at JCB SEAT?

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Ewen, who have you been dealing with at JCB SEAT?

Matt Baker is my sales exec - not a single problem with him. Really courteous and has been responding to e-mails really quickly.

Russell Head, the General Sales Manager, is the man I spoke to today. Wish I hadn't really.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Matt Baker is my sales exec - not a single problem with him. Really courteous and has been responding to e-mails really quickly.

Russell Head, the General Sales Manager, is the man I spoke to today. Wish I hadn't really.

looks like I’m in for a treat then. Just ordered a cupra through them. Matt baker has dealt with everything so far and yes his very good and gets stuff done.

But I’ve also had the unfortunate pleasure of talking to Russell who wasn’t really interested in taking my deposit for the car or even discussing anything about the car.

At least his consistently rude?

_chris_

Jul 6, 2008
in the car

My order is with jcb. They have been great for me. I also added acc after I’d ordered and before I had a confirmed build week. They did it straight away for me.

Orguss

Jul 3, 2017
Hampshire
My order was with JCB and went smoothly, bar the car being built two weeks earlier than expected which caught them off guard. I only talked to Matt the whole time though.

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
Small update for the spreadsheet, I have spoken to Matt at JCB and been given an unconfirmed build week 8.

Cheers.

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
Shame you won’t have it for Christmas but will be worth the wait.

yeah looking forward to it. Christmas isnt too much of a problem as i am at work for the majority of it so couldnt even get on the roads to enjoy it.

nelly22

Oct 20, 2017
Looks like 29th in the morning

Just a thought, if you wait for the 1st you’ll get you full months worth of tax. Picking it up of the 29th means you’re paying 29 days of road fund that you haven’t been using? Just throwing it out there, completely your choice :)

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Anyone know anything about the addition of Alexa being put on the Leon? Heard it on the radio this morning but not sure when it's being introduced...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Anyone know anything about the addition of Alexa being put on the Leon? Heard it on the radio this morning but not sure when it's being introduced...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Seen these rumours floating around. Curious to know why anyone would need it in a car. I guess it would be good for Spotify but that’s it.

Snarks

May 18, 2002
Lancashire
Visit site
Just a thought, if you wait for the 1st you’ll get you full months worth of tax. Picking it up of the 29th means you’re paying 29 days of road fund that you haven’t been using? Just throwing it out there, completely your choice :)

You'd lose a month on the refund for your old car if I understand the rules correctly. The government gets double the money for the month in which you sell (assuming both cars are at the same tax rate). Refunds start from the next month so you'd pay for your old car for the month you didn't have it.

Snarks

May 18, 2002
Lancashire
Visit site
If I've been given the correct ship details, my car is now somewhere off Hull and should dock in the Port of Tyne just after midnight after going via Morocco, France and Belgium.

nelly22

Oct 20, 2017
You'd lose a month on the refund for your old car if I understand the rules correctly. The government gets double the money for the month in which you sell (assuming both cars are at the same tax rate). Refunds start from the next month so you'd pay for your old car for the month you didn't have it.

Good point, all depends on current car I suppose but I do know that first years tax is £500 on a cupra :think:

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
If I've been given the correct ship details, my car is now somewhere off Hull and should dock in the Port of Tyne just after midnight after going via Morocco, France and Belgium.

Mine is on the same one. Pearl Ace

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017

Lease car so i wont be paying the tax on this one :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.