Leather Interior & Alacantara option removed for FR?

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
Hi All,
I am hopefully placing an order soon for an FR so ive been on the configurator pretty much everyday for the past week thinking about my options. I was planning on speccing the leather/alacantara interior on the FR but i checked the configurator and it no longer seems to be ther as an option. Does anyone know why this has ben removed for the FR?

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Prob either supply issues, or very few uptakes so prob removed it. This is typical Seat UK who have handicapped the new Ibiza with poor choices in spec, such as no rear electric windows or lack or armrest on UK spec cars.

I’m still considering one though, and I was also considering the Alcantara.

Last edited:

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
I had a look on the German configurator and it is still available there so I'm guessing it's because not many in the UK are going for it. Although the UK seems to be missing a few bits such as the armrest and the rear electric windows, it comes with a lot of equipment as standard that the German cars all require as options. I'm not sure if it works out more expensive for Germans to get the same spec car, but the UK seems to get cookie cutter pretty config with just a few options added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Surely this only effects future orders?

I ordered my car in October.....If my car doesnt come with these seats I will be one very pi$$ed off customer and the car will be cancelled.

My main reason for a factory order was because I wanted the leather/alcantara seats.

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
Well it's been two months since you ordered so I would say they are well into production on your car already and you will get the seats. I'm more annoyed by the fact I've missed them by just a week.

komoornik

Oct 1, 2017
Same here in Poland, it also is missing from the price list.

BTW - car ordered at the end of September, confirmed production date is now 5th week of 2018. Horrible, I have to cancel the order now.

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
Same here in Poland, it also is missing from the price list.

BTW - car ordered at the end of September, confirmed production date is now 5th week of 2018. Horrible, I have to cancel the order now.

Ah they must be slowly removing them from all configurators. Your date isn't too bad, it's about 4 months which isn't a huge delay. Id be annoyed too if it got delayed but in hindsight it could be worse. It's not really worth cancelling your order over in hindsight as you've already waited out majority of the order time. Only one month to go now.

komoornik

Oct 1, 2017
I've ordered and was promied it will be waiting for me for 1st of January.

Cannot wait longer, probably will end up with the Golf from stock.

It's not 1 month but 2. Car would be ready for pickup late February.

Last edited:

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
I've ordered and was promied it will be waiting for me for 1st of January.

Cannot wait longer, probably will end up with the Golf from stock.

It's not 1 month but 2. Car would be ready for pickup late February.

Ah in that case it is quite a long wait. What spec did you go for if you don't mind me asking? You've got me worried a little now... Then again I'm in the UK so there might be some other issues stopping yours like logistics.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Or just stuff the ultimate fancy spec and go and buy a car from stock right now. No waiting.
In the case of the Toledos that gets you £8600 off RRP too. :)

Only got £4500 off the Ibiza though.

Last edited:

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
Or just stuff the ultimate fancy spec and go and buy a car from stock right now. No waiting.
In the case of the Toledos that gets you £8600 off RRP too. :)

Only got £4500 off the Ibiza though.

I had that thought but the dealer's have literally none in stock and they haven't had a single DSG in for me. Also considering I'm going to have the car for so long Id like it how I want it. There never seems to be one with the correct spec that are in stock at any dealers. There are some cool used ones on auto trader with only a couple of thousand miles though but again, no DSGs available. I'd rather wait for an extra month to have the car I want for the next few years.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Has anyone confirmed with the dealers that the removal of alcantara by Seat won't affect existing orders?

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Did you try contacting your dealer?

Yes sorry was going to post today...

My dealer confirmed that my car is still going to be built with the leather/alcantara seats.

They said that SEAT do this when there is a supply issue, instead of delaying cars they remove the option from the configurator. They believe it's likely the option will return in the near future. They confirmed it has been a very popular option.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
SEAT UK announced to the network on 20th December that Alcantara was being removed from ordering on Ibiza FR a(nd Leon FR Technology/FR Titanium) models with immediate effect. Any orders placed before 20th December would not be affected.

No indication as to whether this is a temporary or permanent change, and no reason why given.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise