what have you done to your car today ?

GarryC

Ex Piper RS chappie
Oct 17, 2017
Ashford, Kent
Sad day.
Decent price?
Replacing it with anything fun?

Sad indeed, it was a mint car that I had just got to 100% A1 condition. Really nice.

Sadly, the Leon was only ever my commuting car and just wasn't economical enough for me so had to go.

I now have a Diesel Alfa Romeo GT. Really nice place to be and gives me 55mpg with loads of comfort and good looks.

Dont worry, I still have my big turbo MK1 Octavia VRS for fun :D

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Sad indeed, it was a mint car that I had just got to 100% A1 condition. Really nice.

Sadly, the Leon was only ever my commuting car and just wasn't economical enough for me so had to go.

I now have a Diesel Alfa Romeo GT. Really nice place to be and gives me 55mpg with loads of comfort and good looks.

Not all doom and despair then. That's good.

B5 Custom Map, TIP, FMIC, 3" Turbo Back, Bosch 550's,ARB's and more .....

Cupra Mason

Mk1 Cupra R Stage 2
Jul 12, 2017
Bought quite a few bits today

. Bonnet
. Both front wings
. 2 new headlights
. Cone air filter
. Heko wind deflectors
. Forge blow off valve

Busy day tomorrow.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Bought quite a few bits today

. Bonnet
. Both front wings
. 2 new headlights
. Cone air filter
. Heko wind deflectors
. Forge blow off valve

Busy day tomorrow.

Nice.
Get a heat shield with the cone filter or you will lose power.
Remove bonnet sound proofing for improved sound too. Just pulls off cleanly.
Forge Split R valve?
If yes, is it new?
If new return it. I have one not being used. Yours for sensible money if you’d like it, you’re more than welcome to it.
Save more cash for more mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cupra Mason

Mk1 Cupra R Stage 2
Jul 12, 2017
Nice.
Forge Split R valve?
If yes, is it new?
If new return it. I have one not being used. Yours for sensible money if you’d like it, you’re more than welcome to it.

I'll look into a heat shield for it, I saw a few posts about removing the soundproofing so that was on my list to do. The valve was second hand unfortunately if anything doesn't go to plan with it I'll be onto you pal.

Quick edit: could I provide a cold air feed to the filter if I can't get hold of a heat shield?

Last edited:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I'll look into a heat shield for it, I saw a few posts about removing the soundproofing so that was on my list to do. The valve was second hand unfortunately if anything doesn't go to plan with it I'll be onto you pal.

Quick edit: could I provide a cold air feed to the filter if I can't get hold of a heat shield?

Hi. Cupra r has a duct from next to the near side fog light. Needs improving though. Unless a closed unit it will mix with the surrounding air which gets uber hot in there.
Heat shield not expensive but necessary in my opinion.
Otherwise you are substituting power for noise.
Definitely not the way to go.
May find a second hand one on a Leon or Cupra group on Fb. For not too much.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom

That is a shame, i'm the opposite, my Cupra R is my track car, could never be a daily for fuel or comfort reasons! but I also have a Mk2 Octavia VRS, but it's my daily for commuting as it's a Diesel :smoke: and only 170 bhp (45 - 50 MPG :) ).

Have you a profile for your Octavia on Briskoda or some forum like that, only ask as interested in the spec. of it and don't want to hijack this thread.

Trev

Last edited:

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Nice.
Forge Split R valve?
If yes, is it new?

Intercooler cools the air down after the turbo..air from the filter doesn't really matter to much with forced induction....n/a this cool air thing is a must. You see most state it helps support the filter which it does. Look at pretty much any huge turbo build and you will see no shield as its not worth doing unless support is needed. To me its a waste of money but looks pretty and does support the maf/filter.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
MOT retest passed! Failed on track rod end covers so had new track rod ends fitted and my Powerflex top strut mount bushes fitted on Saturday and retested this morning.

Drives in a straight line now! :D

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Intercooler cools the air down after the turbo..air from the filter doesn't really matter to much with forced induction....n/a this cool air thing is a must. You see most state it helps support the filter which it does. Look at pretty much any huge turbo build and you will see no shield as its not worth doing unless support is needed. To me its a waste of money but looks pretty and does support the maf/filter.

Not sure that's totally right.
Most big turbo builds I've seen have
a direct cold air feed from outside the engine bay.
If the heat shield is worthless, how come there's normally a reduction in power when using a cone filter without a heat shield but with it added there is no noticeable loss in power. Can't be coincidence.
When I spoke with Bill at B5 he was pretty convincing that I would need the heat shield unless I was just looking for more noise.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Not sure that's totally right.
Most big turbo builds I've seen have
a direct cold air feed from outside the engine bay.
If the heat shield is worthless, how come there's normally a reduction in power when using a cone filter without a heat shield but with it added there is no noticeable loss in power. Can't be coincidence.
When I spoke with Bill at B5 he was pretty convincing that I would need the heat shield unless I was just looking for more noise.

Think about it mate...when dyno is going where do they shove the cool air feed? Cooler cools the air going into the engine....after turbo air is hot anyway...again cooler cools the air.

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
0ee1315d990b5f978eb501307fd3346b.jpg

well I didn’t give it a wash even when it’s dirty I still love looking at her!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise