Forte engine flush

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Has anyone had any experiences with engine flushes on a Cupra , I have Noisey tappets and it’s driving me crazy, I’ve just bought myself 2 forte injector cleaners and 2 lots of petrol treatment bottles , the injector cleaners work very very well. So I am probably going to flush the engine in a few days with the forte brand , the car has been well maintained , regular oil changes but don’t think it ever has been flushed , 90,000 on the car now , just abit cautious as people say it can block up feed lines and so on..

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Does the cam
Chain make a tapping noise? My car only seems to tap once it’s up
To temperature it doesn’t do it when it’s cold .. I would think the chain would do it constantly no matter what temperature or would it do it when it’s warm aswell do you know, I took it for a remap and nothing was said about it at all, can’t really be anything major , I just want it sorted before it turns into
Something worse Lol

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Does the cam
Chain make a tapping noise? My car only seems to tap once it’s up
To temperature it doesn’t do it when it’s cold .. I would think the chain would do it constantly no matter what temperature or would it do it when it’s warm aswell do you know, I took it for a remap and nothing was said about it at all, can’t really be anything major , I just want it sorted before it turns into
Something worse Lol
Mine did it when it got warm but mine was seriously bad , worth checking it mate they are known to go and at 90k its likely mine had 81k when i had mine done

Just a thought , alot of people said it wasnt and my gut told me to get it checked,

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Did you check it yourself ? Was yours consistent or inconsistent ? Mine is just constant omce
The car has reached operating temperature
It was constant at operating tempreature when i was holding it steady at a steady throttle 3k and above

My garage checked it and replaced it and the noise dissappeared

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Mine is ticking when it is just idling (I am going to do an engine flush using forte engine flush, it says it quite a noisy lifters so fingers crossed )Saturday morning with some Mobil 1 oil and a new filter

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise