Trying to find my Wife's Mk2!

chrisschild

Dec 31, 2016
Wiltshire
www.chrisschild.co.uk
I am looking at getting a mk2 as a restoration, (or possibly track), project. I am however looking for a specific car, a November 1997 GTi 8v in Burnt Orange/Copper colour, log book states brown. Not sure on the official colour name. The car was once owned by my wife before we met. It was written off by her insurance back in 2008. We have since seen it MOT'd and Taxed up until May 2016 and is currently SORN'd. This car is sentimental to my wife and is the "the one that got away". Not sure where to go next in search for it, so I am reaching out for help. Reg is R499 SJM.

Thanks in advanced for any leads/suggestions.

Chris

jamie.gti16v

Nov 30, 2017
I am looking at getting a mk2 as a restoration, (or possibly track), project. I am however looking for a specific car, a November 1997 GTi 8v in Burnt Orange/Copper colour, log book states brown. Not sure on the official colour name. The car was once owned by my wife before we met. It was written off by her insurance back in 2008. We have since seen it MOT'd and Taxed up until May 2016 and is currently SORN'd. This car is sentimental to my wife and is the "the one that got away". Not sure where to go next in search for it, so I am reaching out for help. Reg is R499 SJM.

Thanks in advanced for any leads/suggestions.

Chris
Dont think many people use this site much, think there is a mk2 ibiza page on.facebook might have better luck on that

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Copper Cupra

Dec 16, 2002
Exeter
I did post at the same time in the Facebook group.

Hi Chris,

I did see your post on the Facebook MK2 forum some time ago... Strangely the car came up for sale in Devon near me last summer, very cheap too... but not in a good state - No Mot and O/S/F damage.

I'll try and find the ad, which was on a local for sale site on Facebook.

:(:(

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Bad news I'm afraid. The car was scrapped on 29/07/17 :(

WBgdqSA.png

jamie.gti16v

Nov 30, 2017
That seems to be the fashion with these cars sadly, glad i just got hold of a valver which is getting put back on the road

weegeezer

Feb 1, 2018
That seems to be the fashion with these cars sadly, glad i just got hold of a valver which is getting put back on the road

Sad to see these coming off the road as not many left now...

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

weegeezer

Feb 1, 2018

Glad to hear yours is on its way back

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

David Courtney

Sep 10, 2018
There’s a banger on eBay at the moment not the one you want but a solid buy 202429970775

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members