Niallain's Mk3 Leon FR 184 SC

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Got some new tyres fitted to the front last week
2x Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 225/40 R18 W (92)

Annoying as I now seem to have a very slow puncture in one of my rear tyres. Can't spot anything in the tyre but if it is punctured I'm hoping it's in a place where it can be patched.

Just fitted my RLHS sensor and automatic light switch (total cost £93.65) and now have automatic lights and wipers!

CharlieRWalker

Nov 6, 2017
Received my Pro version of OBDeleven this week so I performed the following modifications

• Rear lights as DRL's
  • One touch mirror fold
  • Needle sweep with ignition on

Also upgraded my MIB1 system from version 415 to version 480. Noticed that the satnav and all other menus seem slightly faster, would definitely recommend this upgrade. I followed the guide in the post linked below. Let me know if the download link is dead, I can provide the software.

Just leaving the rest of this post as a guide to clear error code B201A00 as I had some issues with it after the software upgrade. Hope this helps someone else out in the future.

Seat Leon trouble code B201A00

1. Select the information control unit module
2. Adapations
3. Confirmation of installation change
4. Make a note of this value. Mine is shown below

5. Use a hex XOR calculator like the one linked below

6. Enter YOUR value for "confirmation of installation change" into input 1 and the value "C9D2" for input 2 and perform XOR function. Shown below

7. Go back to "confirmation of installation change" and input the new hexadecimal value you got from the calculator. In my case it was "4125"

8. Write the value and the error will disappear.

Would failing to acknowledge this error code restrict the Traffic TMC from working correctly?

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Turns out I did have a very slow puncture in one of my rear tyres. Lost 12psi in a week and still drove over 500 miles before the light came on, at least it was in an easy place to get it patched.

Took it for its 2nd MOT this morning, flew through without any issues.

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle
Got some new tyres fitted to the front last week
2x Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 225/40 R18 W (92)

Annoying as I now seem to have a very slow puncture in one of my rear tyres. Can't spot anything in the tyre but if it is punctured I'm hoping it's in a place where it can be patched.

Just fitted my RLHS sensor and automatic light switch (total cost £93.65) and now have automatic lights and wipers!

Hello mate, any pictures where you routed the wire for the sensor for the auto lights?

Cheers

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Hello mate, any pictures where you routed the wire for the sensor for the auto lights?

Cheers

I didn't get the switch with the sensor attached, I got a genuine auto switch and genuine RLHS sensor that sits behind the rear view mirror. Made a few coding changes to get it working.

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
I picked up my car 1 year ago today!

In that time I've added 15,849 miles and spent a fair amount of money.
Maintenance - £758.23
Modifications - £1,392.03 (includes private number plate)
General (Insurance/Breakdown/Tax) - £1,871.79
Fuel - Approx £1,650

Plans for a remap have been delayed as I'm in the process of buying a house. Maybe on it's 2nd birthday :)

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Nice thread, been looking at the revo remap myself my my 184 but can’t find any reviews on it

Thank you!
Revos price is putting me off, it's £620 if you want the switchable adapter too.
I'm looking at NV Motorsport in Birmingham for it now, they've recommended an upgraded engine mount too to handle the power better.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.