Cupra 300 Alloy Wheels

bailz

Jan 21, 2017
Anyone know the part number for these suckers?

AETV99208480_8.jpg

Thanks.

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Had to price one up a month or so back, retail was about the £600ish mark, there trade price is £485, although there was a wait time of 2 month for stock!

bailz

Jan 21, 2017
Had to price one up a month or so back, retail was about the £600ish mark, there trade price is £485, although there was a wait time of 2 month for stock!

Youch! Time to look at some aftermarket options I think.

Cupra380

Feb 11, 2018
I have 3 of these wheels available if you are interested.

Last edited:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@Bailz,

They do look nice, but I’d never have diamond cut alloys on a car by choice; IMO they’re just too much hassle to live with on a day to day basis;

• in 19”, there’s a potentially high risk of kerb damage.
  • even if they’re meticulously well cared for, the diamond cut lacquered finish is prone to white worm corrosion, especially when roads are spread with salt / grit in the winter months. In fact, some of the after market alloy wheel retailer’s websites state that diamond cut alloys are unsuitable for winter use.
  • they’re easily damaged by careless tyre fitters or poorly maintained tyre fitting equipment.
  • they’re more expensive to refurbish than alloys with a powder coated finish.
  • as the refurb process involves recutting the surface back (so removing a layer of metal from the wheel), there’s a limit to the number of times diamond cut wheels can be refurbished - usually no more than twice - otherwise the structural integrity of the wheel can be compromised.

Diamond cut alloys have great ‘bling’ factor and showroom appeal, but I do wish car manufacturers would stop fitting them as standard to some of their models, and go back to using wheels with a durable powder coated finish as the standard option (credit to Seat, who actually do this with many of their models).

IMO, powder coated alloys still look good, and they can also stand up to daily use much better than diamond cut wheels.

Just my opinion though - I’m not trying to be controversial, and no doubt others will favour diamond cut alloys and choose them in preference to powder coated alloys.

Reactions: Wings988

Benmac

Jan 7, 2018
@Bailz,

They do look nice, but I’d never have diamond cut alloys on a car by choice; IMO they’re just too much hassle to live with on a day to day basis;

• in 19”, there’s a potentially high risk of kerb damage.
  • even if they’re meticulously well cared for, the diamond cut lacquered finish is prone to white worm corrosion, especially when roads are spread with salt / grit in the winter months. In fact, some of the after market alloy wheel retailer’s websites state that diamond cut alloys are unsuitable for winter use.
  • they’re easily damaged by careless tyre fitters or poorly maintained tyre fitting equipment.
  • they’re more expensive to refurbish than alloys with a powder coated finish.
  • as the refurb process involves recutting the surface back (so removing a layer of metal from the wheel), there’s a limit to the number of times diamond cut wheels can be refurbished - usually no more than twice - otherwise the structural integrity of the wheel can be compromised.

Diamond cut alloys have great ‘bling’ factor and showroom appeal, but I do wish car manufacturers would stop fitting them as standard to some of their models, and go back to using wheels with a durable powder coated finish as the standard option (credit to Seat, who actually do this with many of their models).

IMO, powder coated alloys still look good, and they can also stand up to daily use much better than diamond cut wheels.

Just my opinion though - I’m not trying to be controversial, and no doubt others will favour diamond cut alloys and choose them in preference to powder coated alloys.

Couldn't agree more. When mine start to corrode they'll be refurbed without diamond polishing. I want a second set to put winters on and same goes for those if they need a refurb before I start using them.

salsajoe

Apr 12, 2017
Yorkshire
Had mine on a Golf for nearly 8 years and apart from one needing refurb because of kerb damage avoiding an idiot on a bend they have been fine. A couple of very small chips from stones have been lacquered over by me within a week and no white worm and not noticeable. I think it depends on winter weather, where you live and finding reputable tyre fitters on how well they last.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
On my previous car with diamond cut alloys, two of the wheels suffered from white worm corrosion around the centre caps.

I’m meticulous in looking after my car, and the car, so the wheels were regularly washed (every 7-10 days), and sealed and waxed every 2-3 months. Any stone chips to the lacquer were attended to as soon as spotted (during washing) by lacquering over.

I think the cause of the white worm on my wheels was either poor lacquer coverage/adhesion when the wheels were manufactured, or the edge of the centre bore that the centre caps fit in was damaged by the dealer when they replaced two faulty centre caps. This could’ve happened if they levered the old caps out of the centre bore, rather than taking the wheel off and pushing them out from behind. There was no noticeable damage around the centre bore, although the edge of the new centre caps would’ve covered this, allowing the white worm to start undetected.

Cupra380

Feb 11, 2018
Cupra380 - Regarding the 3 wheels you have. Do you still have these, if so how much and where abouts are you?

Cheers

Thanks for your enquiry. Yes, I have not got round to putting them up for sale yet. They were removed from the car with delivery mileage. I would like £1100 for all 3. I work in Bristol which is where I am storing the wheels.

Jan 4, 2020
Thanks for your enquiry. Yes, I have not got round to putting them up for sale yet. They were removed from the car with delivery mileage. I would like £1100 for all 3. I work in Bristol which is where I am storing the wheels.

Hi, do you still have them available? I'm only looking for 1, has to be in perfect condition with no kerbing. I got a pothole on the motorway in the dark and it buckled my front o/s. Been quoted £662 for a new one! It's a lease car so can't go for aftermarket option.

Cupra380

Feb 11, 2018
Hi, do you still have them available? I'm only looking for 1, has to be in perfect condition with no kerbing. I got a pothole on the motorway in the dark and it buckled my front o/s. Been quoted £662 for a new one! It's a lease car so can't go for aftermarket option.
Good morning and thank you for the message. Yes, the wheels are still available as I have still not got around to putting them up for sale! I will send you a personal message to discuss further.

Cupra380

Feb 11, 2018
Just wanted to say I have tried to send a personal message but not sure if you have received it?

I can confirm that the 3 x Cupra 300 Machined 19 inch alloy wheels are still for sale although not advertised anywhere. I was hoping for £1100 for the 3 but I will be open to sensible offers and happy to sell them individually if required. Can be delivered or collected.

Many thanks.

Cupra380

Feb 11, 2018
Just wanted to say I have tried to send a personal message but not sure if you have received it?

I can confirm that the 3 x Cupra 300 Machined 19 inch alloy wheels are still for sale although not advertised anywhere. I was hoping for £1100 for the 3 but I will be open to sensible offers and happy to sell them individually if required. Can be delivered or collected.

Many thanks.
To update this thread, 1 of my Cupra 300 Machined Alloy Wheels has now been sold, meaning I have just 2 remaining if anyone is interested and doesn't want to pay the main dealer price of £662 for one of these wheels! As above, any sensible offers are welcome and happy to arrange delivery.

Many thanks.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.