VCDS or OBD Eleven Coding Tweaks

Deleted member 103408

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Ok thanks for that. TBH I'm kinda reluctant to spend any serious money just to get my door mirrors to fold with the key press (as much as I would like that). Cars going in this week to have the seatbelt buckles replaced as they are very rattly so will see if the dealer would do this at the same time.

Deleted member 103408

Ok thanks for that. TBH I'm kinda reluctant to spend any serious money just to get my door mirrors to fold with the key press (as much as I would like that). Cars going in this week to have the seatbelt buckles replaced as they are very rattly so will see if the dealer would do this at the same time.
fully understand there is a vcds section on here where you can ask guys to do work for you if not

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
Interesting tweaks - I can see how the mirror tweak would be useful. I'm constantly parking my car on the street so a quicker way to fold the mirrors would be nice, bit of a shame Seat didn't build it in automatically!

Last edited:

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
I don’t understand this? My keys close the mirros in? What are you doing wrong?

Not sure if you've read the thread, but as standard the keys do fold the mirrors in if you hold down the lock button for a few seconds, but this coding tweak changes the mirrors fold instantly every time you the car.

So instead of having to hold the lock button down on your key, you just have to press it once and the mirrors fold instantly. Or if you have KESSY, you just lock the car without the key and the mirrors fold instantly.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Not sure if you've read the thread, but as standard the keys do fold the mirrors in if you hold down the lock button for a few seconds, but this coding tweak changes the mirrors fold instantly every time you the car.

So instead of having to hold the lock button down on your key, you just have to press it once and the mirrors fold instantly. Or if you have KESSY, you just lock the car without the key and the mirrors fold instantly.

I really don’t see a problem in it though, suits me fine, maybe I’ve got more time than most

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
I really don’t see a problem in it though, suits me fine, maybe I’ve got more time than most

Yeah - don't get me wrong it's not a complaint about the car as is - I'd be fine if the tweak didn't exist! It's just nice to enable it as an instant thing. I need to park on a street for my office, so I always need to fold the mirrors in, so I'll almost always need to fold my mirrors in when I lock the car. It's a good tweak for slightly more convenience if you constantly need to fold the mirrors in - even if it's only saving a few seconds each time.

JOKER KYLE

Apr 13, 2018
Hi Guys,

Just wondering how you managed to get VCDSto work?

When I plug my laptop into the car and test in the VCDS it works as expected but when I go onto the adaptations I get a message saying that the cars format isn't supported and wont let me make any changes.

Hoikey

Aug 5, 2015
Stoke
The carista app now does quite alot for the new Ibiza. The door mirror fold in is one of the options (my SE Tech doesn't have folding door mirrors so can't test it).

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
What is the cheapest way to do this? I'd like to enable to one touch mirror fold but don't really want to spend lots of money on it. Any suggestions?

Deleted member 103408

if you only want to do this then should out for somebody to do the coding for you, if you have to buy something then Carista is cheapest and if you already have the correct dongle its even cheaper.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
if you only want to do this then should out for somebody to do the coding for you, if you have to buy something then Carista is cheapest and if you already have the correct dongle its even cheaper.

What is the cheapest compatible dongle?

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
Is there a way to enable pedestrian protection though obdeleven or other applications? I can't enable it through the radio, the setting is just not there. Allegedly, all versions of front assist have the same radar and other electronics, and pedestrian protection is just a software setting that is enabled or disabled per each country.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Carista uses ELM327 dongle (there are loads of them out there) or example https://www.amazon.co.uk/ELM327-Sca...pID=414hZeSsuSL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch but i am sure you can get them cheaper

There are some threads on here about how you can get a better deal with Carista if you sign up for pro service (that you pay for yearly) then cancel after the months free trial. Not my tool so have a search through the site.

According to the Carista website their software does not allow customisations for the 2017+ Ibiza.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.