March 1st 2018

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
So.... do you actually like the car Peter? :D

I think comparing it to your A3 E-Tron is not a good idea, the A3 is obviously going to be better in most aspects but it costs almost double the price. The Ibiza is a cheap car but that's one of thr reasons I got it :)

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire

I think comparing it to your A3 E-Tron is not a good idea, the A3 is obviously going to be better in most aspects but it costs almost double the price. The Ibiza is a cheap car but that's one of thr reasons I got it :)

Definitely doesn’t feel cheap. The plastics on the inside feel really solid, definitely not nasty quality, far from it. Even like the hidden plastics. Definitely found some parts that felt nicer than my brothers A6 and his A3 Quattro. Can’t complain on that side.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex

You’re absolutely right; the SEAT was bought because not only does it seem (at the moment) to be the best supermini out there, but it was available with almost all of the toys of the e-tron. Once you’ve had them it’s hard to let them go ;)

It’s a great little car - I did 272 miles with one stop 30 miles in to fill up with petrol. I got out feeling absolutely fine - unthinkable in superminis of old! The satnav got me back, and whether it was SEAT or the traffic there were no hold ups. The tech worked fine, well, until the radar thing at the front got blocked with snow ;) It doesn’t really feel much smaller, as the driver, to the A3. It does suffer in terms of interior finish, but it’s half the price and for the money I think it’s good. A word of caution on the 18” wheels; they make the brake discs look very weedy...especially at the rear!

Other niggles? Why don’t the mirrors fold when the cars locked? You can make them fold by holding the button longer, but still. The DIS display looks a bit old school, and the touch screen already looks grubby. But I’m nitpicking really...

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
and the touch screen already looks grubby. But I’m nitpicking really...

Get a microfiber cloth, it gets the mark away really easily. I find it’s not too bad as my hands tend to be very dry to I have to use lots of greasy handcreams and it’s still not bad. Exactly like my iphone or tablet. Don’t think any company can really do much with funger smudges.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Get a microfiber cloth, it gets the mark away really easily. I find it’s not too bad as my hands tend to be very dry to I have to use lots of greasy handcreams and it’s still not bad. Exactly like my iphone or tablet. Don’t think any company can really do much with funger smudges.

I’m not completely convinced that touch screens and cars are a great combination; I know it’s a new car and they take some getting used to, but I had to take my eyes off the road more often than in the Audi or BMW. But, it’s the direction things are going. The voice control works pretty well though :)

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I’m not completely convinced that touch screens and cars are a great combination; I know it’s a new car and they take some getting used to, but I had to take my eyes off the road more often than in the Audi or BMW. But, it’s the direction things are going. The voice control works pretty well though :)

Yeah I keep taking my eyes off to look at it. But I put that down to me being new to it. The voice command is great. Had a full conversation with the whatsapp siri, really works well. Very impressed. Definitely wont be text driving at all anymore.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Definitely doesn’t feel cheap. The plastics on the inside feel really solid, definitely not nasty quality, far from it. Even like the hidden plastics. Definitely found some parts that felt nicer than my brothers A6 and his A3 Quattro. Can’t complain on that side.

That's good to know. I only test drove the SE Ibiza but I was impressed with the overall interior quality... I am coming from a Clio 197 and our other car is a Renault Zoe so it won't be hard to beat on interior quality. Lol.:D

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
How is everyone finding the LED headlights... any good?

The best ones I have used were on a 2016 Mercedes E class but am not expecting them to be as good.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
That's good to know. I only test drove the SE Ibiza but I was impressed with the overall interior quality... I am coming from a Clio 197 and our other car is a Renault Zoe so it won't be hard to beat on interior quality. Lol.:D

Not really any competition on that aha. How is the SE? I’ve never really looked into them much. Also the Alcantara is 250% worth it

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
How is everyone finding the LED headlights... any good?

The best ones I have used were on a 2016 Mercedes E class but am not expecting them to be as good.

On dipped beam they’re on a par with the LEDs in the A3 I think, though they don’t appear to have headlamp washers? Mainbeam is disappointing I think; barely brighter than dipped. Though, to be fair, the front of ours had got fairly dirty so perhaps not representative :lol:

Worth emphasing how supportive the seats in the FR are; despite not having lumbar or an extendable squab I got out after 272 miles without so much of a twinge. The driving position is pretty good :)

Haven’t managed to get the cruise control to increase/decrease in anything less than 5mph increments, and can’t find how many miles it’s done in total - just the mileage since the trip was reset. It is averaging 43 mpg though, which seems fair given its age and use so far!

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Not really any competition on that aha. How is the SE? I’ve never really looked into them much. Also the Alcantara is 250% worth it

Good job I opted for the alcantara then ;)

The SE was good, it had the 5" screen in though which was awful IMO.. the supsension was confortable.... only thing am worried about on the FR.... although it will be a lot more comfortable than the 197 :rofl:

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex

I bet it really lifts the interior, and for the price is (was) a no brainer. Disappointed ours was built without it, but I’ll seldom drive it so will manage. The sunroof really brightens the interior, and is draft free at 40/50 mph. Didn’t leave it open at higher speeds...it is still only March! We’ve not got the beats audio upgrade; the standard system sounds fine. I do wish I’d ordered the wireless charging thing: it’s exactly where you’d leave your phone, so why not!

Cerfwo

Feb 10, 2018
Good job I opted for the alcantara then ;)

The SE was good, it had the 5" screen in though which was awful IMO.. the supsension was confortable.... only thing am worried about on the FR.... although it will be a lot more comfortable than the 197 :rofl:
I test drove an FR with 17" wheels. Although it was firm it was still very comfortable, it wasn't like you felt every small bump in the road. I don't know what the 18" wheels are like, probably firmer but I don't know by how much.

Looking forward to picking up mine with 17" on Tuesday :D

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I think the ride and especially road noise on 18's is probably much more dependent on tyre choice than anything else, and at least that is something you can change - what brand are the Oem tyres?

I vote for the LED headlights as a must have and the Spanish fake leather & suede interior as well - it really makes the Toledo interior feel more upscale despite being synthetic.

Last edited:

Cerfwo

Feb 10, 2018
Has anyone got the link to set up the year's free insurance, if so can you post it / send it to me please? As my dealer has not sent it to me yet and time is running out!

Cerfwo

Feb 10, 2018
I think all you need is this link:
Thanks for the quick reply Peter. I just tried putting my order number in but it didn't take it so my dealer probably hasn't set it up yet :( I'll give them a ring tomorrow. Thanks again :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.