cupra 300 different tyres?!?!

liamleon

FRRR
Apr 26, 2017
hi guys so collect my car 1st March cupra 300, have not had much chance to spend time on it anyway...today after a good clean when I was putting tyre dressing I noted i have 3 continental tyres all with same date stamp and then a Pirelli p zero on front nearside.

is this acceptable? please help guys as I'm not very happy with It.

Thanks

Liam

DavidTVN

Nov 22, 2017
hi guys so collect my car 1st March cupra 300, have not had much chance to spend time on it anyway...today after a good clean when I was putting tyre dressing I noted i have 3 continental tyres all with same date stamp and then a Pirelli p zero on front nearside.

Thanks

Liam

I can’t imagine that would have been from factory? Who is the supplying dealer? Suggest you talk to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liamleon

FRRR
Apr 26, 2017
I can’t imagine that would have been from factory? Who is the supplying dealer? Suggest you talk to them?

it came from img seat, I am going to get in touch tomorrow with them, the Pirelli has a newer date on it too by 3 weeks. I don't have a copy of the pdi which should also have it noted on.

feel stupid as I should have picked up on it sooner but the car has but been sat because of the wether.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Probably arrived with a flat and they've just replaced the one with whatever they have in stock. Recently I had to replace a front tyre due to pot hole damage and did both sides together as you're advised to do. I guess in their defence they are brand new tyres all round... but it's still a bit cheap/lazy.

DavidTVN

Nov 22, 2017
Probably arrived with a flat and they've just replaced the one with whatever they have in stock. Recently I had to replace a front tyre due to pot hole damage and did both sides together as you're advised to do. I guess in their defence they are brand new tyres all round... but it's still a bit cheap/lazy.

Yep, I’m waiting for my front near side to go due to pit hole, I’ve only done 650 miles, but the suspension is seriously hard, avoiding ironworks and potholes as much as possible! Suspension is harder than it seemed on the test drive!

DavidTVN

Nov 22, 2017
Yep, I’m waiting for my front near side to go due to pothole, I’ve only done 650 miles, but the suspension is seriously hard, avoiding ironworks and potholes as much as possible! Suspension is harder than it seemed on the test drive!

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron

Thanks

Liam
I would be going back to the dealer, stay calm but be clear on your disgust, and ask why it s different, what caused the change and most of all "what they going to do about it and what are you going to do for me as a goodwill gesture".
It is recommended to have tyres on the same axle the same manufacturer and tread pattern.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Yep, I’m waiting for my front near side to go due to pit hole, I’ve only done 650 miles, but the suspension is seriously hard, avoiding ironworks and potholes as much as possible! Suspension is harder than it seemed on the test drive!

Just take a look under the wheel arches and make sure they have removed the transit blocks from the suspension.

I picked up a mk3FR 184 and was really disappointed with the ride - took it to my local garage mate to see if we could see anything wrong and found the transit blocks still fitted.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2812/9875519715_2a9ee72a66_b.jpg

Last edited:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I wouldn’t be happy with that and I’d want all four tyres to be the same on a new car.

I wonder if the dealer swapped the wheel with one off another car for whatever reason, rather than change the tyre - could be that one of your car’s wheels was damaged while the car was in transit between the factory and your dealer, so they swapped the complete wheel and tyre. If they have changed the tyre, rather than swapping the wheel, I’d check the wheel with the Pirelli tyre very carefully to see if there’s any damage to it that might have been caused by fitting a replacement tyre. Also, are you able to see any sticky residue on the barrel of the wheel where the original wheel balance weights have been removed and new ones fitted as a result of it needing to be rebalanced? - a good indication that the tyre’s been changed.

I’d certainly be asking the dealer for an explanation. If the dealer agrees to fit a new Continental tyre (as they should do) to match the others, get them to agree the condition of the wheel before they change the tyre - take photos of the wheel so you can prove what it’s condition is before they change the tyre. There’s lots of mentions on various forums of diamond cut alloy wheels being damaged by poorly maintained tyre fitting equipment and poorly trained or careless technicians.

And if they damage the wheel changing the tyre, demand a new wheel!

Last edited:

liamleon

FRRR
Apr 26, 2017
thanks for all the input above people much appreciate, they are paying for a local dealer to fit the correct tyre as the wheel was damaged before I took delivery they swapped the whole wheel but not the tyre. I will be inspecting them all today 100% to make sure they are all okay with no damage at all. I will also check the suspension as mentioned above. thanks again. Liam

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
that is awful send it back and say you want matching tyres. no new car should have a mis match. that is appalling!

probably Michelin PS4s

kick up a stink about customer service etc and ask for those. worth a try ;-)

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
thanks for all the input above people much appreciate, they are paying for a local dealer to fit the correct tyre as the wheel was damaged before I took delivery they swapped the whole wheel but not the tyre. I will be inspecting them all today 100% to make sure they are all okay with no damage at all. I will also check the suspension as mentioned above. thanks again. Liam

Thought that was probably the reason for the odd tyre.

OK, I can accept that the dealer might do this so you could take delivery of your car on time. But.............IMO a decent dealer would’ve told you what they’d done and automatically ordered a new matching tyre for fitting. You shouldn’t have to point out the odd tyre to them before they take steps to rectify the situation.

Glad you got it sorted anyway.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise