Question about tires

Hunnimonster

Mar 11, 2018
I've had my Cupra for about 3 weeks now and I've noticed that I have 3 difference tyres makes on my wheels

The front 2 are Infinity Ecomaxs
Back left is a Continental super sport
Back right is a Arrowspeed?

I only use my car on the roads, I was just wondering if it would this setup would affect grip in general though.

Last edited:

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Worth getting yourself on some consistent and more well established rubber. Michelin pilot sport 4 are great.

Hunnimonster

Mar 11, 2018
Worth getting yourself on some consistent and more well established rubber. Michelin pilot sport 4 are great.

What tyres do you have on your car?
I heard some people have Michelin pilot sports on the front and other makes on the back

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Don't run mixed tyres, have all 4 of the same brand, not worth cutting costs when it comes to rubber, and pilot sport 4s's are about the best on the market, the standard conti's are an awful tyre

Hunnimonster

Mar 11, 2018
Are Goodyear eagle f1 and Hankook ventus v12 evo 2 tyres good?

I'm only really using the car on the road not tracking it at the moment

Last edited:

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
I have those Hankooks on my outgoing car (a4 avant). Quiet, good in the wet, lasting well - grip is pretty good but the odd wheel spin (I don’t drive like a maniac though). Good for the price. But the Michelin’s are superb!

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Don't run mixed tyres...
At least not on the same axle...

If you can't afford to replace all four at the same time replace the mixed rears with the best you can afford and put them on the front.

Hunnimonster

Mar 11, 2018
I have those Hankooks on my outgoing car (a4 avant). Quiet, good in the wet, lasting well - grip is pretty good but the odd wheel spin (I don’t drive like a maniac though). Good for the price. But the Michelin’s are superb!

I was looking at the Hankooks they're £130 a tyre which seems reasonable, the Michelins are £170 a tyre which
feels a bit steep especially if I'm just driving on the road.

Matt

Apr 27, 2016
I've had my Cupra for about 3 weeks now and I've noticed that I have 3 difference tyres makes on my wheels

I only use my car on the roads, I was just wondering if it would this setup would affect grip in general though.[/QUOTE

I take its not new and you knew it had them on there when you brought it.

Hunnimonster

Mar 11, 2018

I only use my car on the roads, I was just wondering if it would this setup would affect grip in general though.

I take its not new and you knew it had them on there when you brought it.

No it's a 2015 car and yes I knew had them on there when I brought it
The infinity ecomaxs are new tyres I'm guessing the previously owner put some cheap stuff on there before selling

Hunnimonster

Mar 11, 2018
Are the Avon ZZ5 good tyres?

I've had Avon tyres in my previous car's and they've always been good

Matt

Apr 27, 2016
No it's a 2015 car and yes I knew had them on there when I brought it
The infinity ecomaxs are new tyres I'm guessing the previously owner put some cheap stuff on there before selling

Cool. Get two Michelin pilots sports 4s for the front.. put the other two on the back until you have saved some more money

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
I've just put nexen nfera su1 on my 290st, simply as it goes back in 4mths, I done fair bit of research and at £70 a tyre (235 35 19) they are excellent prob on par with old conti 6s and backed up by excellent reviews on tyrereviews

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I've always fitted the best tyres I can get, it's much cheaper than an insurance claim.
I've used Michelin on cars and bikes for years. They always seem to get it right.

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
www.kowalskidetails.co.uk
The reasons why expensive tyres are expensive as the likes of Michelin spend millions and millions of pounds researching and developing the best type of rubber to drive on a road car. I had Pilot Super Sports on my old Golf 7R, they were fantastic, amazing in the wet and dry, got 25k out of my fronts and 33k out of my rears! So not only did they handle and ride out of this world, but they lasted YONKs as well.

If you can afford Pilot Super Sports, then if not get the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, they are the best tyres on the market and the difference they make is phenomenal.

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
The reasons why expensive tyres are expensive as the likes of Michelin spend millions and millions of pounds researching and developing the best type of rubber to drive on a road car. I had Pilot Super Sports on my old Golf 7R, they were fantastic, amazing in the wet and dry, got 25k out of my fronts and 33k out of my rears! So not only did they handle and ride out of this world, but they lasted YONKs as well.

If you can afford Pilot Super Sports, then if not get the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, they are the best tyres on the market and the difference they make is phenomenal.
The ps4s is a better tyre than the pss

Last edited:

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
www.kowalskidetails.co.uk
The ps4s is a better tyre than the pss

My thought pattern was the same. I was at KW a few weeks back & there was an ex racing driver (that sets up race cars now for this company in Germany) there that had done tonnes of testing for Michelin. I asked him about this exact subject and he told us all that the PSS is actually superior to the PS4S, he said you will move around more on the PS4S then the PSS.

I guess he knows a lot more than I do :happy:

I was gutted as I’ve got 2 sets of PS4s waiting to go on my Cupra & GTE in the summer :cry:

I’m sure they’ll both be fine :whistle:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.