Options affecting Leon lead times

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
This is the back.
3109808f3cd779cd9d7f550918e12a03.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
About they updated it. Sick of seeing the gawpy looking ones!!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Haha. I don't mind the front of the existing Focus actually - it's the weird rear clusters that look like they got left a little too close to something really hot that I dislike.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Wifes had a few focus's. Totally uninspiring drive. They both were the 1 litre engine though!!

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
I had a call from my dealer today to say my car has arrived. I asked to run through the spec as this was a re-order after the car originally arrived with the wrong engine (ordered Nov, first car arrived Feb). Everything was correct except it has 18" wheels when I specifically wanted the standard 17"! Argh! He said it was a 'free upgrade', but said they can swap the wheels over for me.

Not sure how they're going to do that? Order new ones? Swap them with another new car? I've tried calling back to ask for clarification but the salesman isn't usually very easy to get hold of, last time it took me over a week.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
I had a call from my dealer today to say my car has arrived. I asked to run through the spec as this was a re-order after the car originally arrived with the wrong engine (ordered Nov, first car arrived Feb). Everything was correct except it has 18" wheels when I specifically wanted the standard 17"! Argh! He said it was a 'free upgrade', but said they can swap the wheels over for me.

Not sure how they're going to do that? Order new ones? Swap them with another new car? I've tried calling back to ask for clarification but the salesman isn't usually very easy to get hold of, last time it took me over a week.
At least its only wheels. I would stay with 18s as this would surely give higher residual value in the future when selling/px

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
At least its only wheels. I would stay with 18s as this would surely give higher residual value in the future when selling/px

True, but I much prefer the look of the 17" and wanted the softer ride, which is more important to me than any affect on residuals. I'm just worried now where these replacement 17" wheels are coming from...

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
True, but I much prefer the look of the 17" and wanted the softer ride, which is more important to me than any affect on residuals. I'm just worried now where these replacement 17" wheels are coming from...

I take your point, but if they are in perfect condition I wouldn't worry too much. Obviously if you pick the car up and they are clearly second hand that's another thing...

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Probably off another car at dealer!

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Just phoned my dealer, now I know they're talking bulls**t, apparently "its arriving in the UK today" this is crap as the ship left Tynemouth yesterday, it had been there for 2 days. Do the dealers really not know anything? Now see if he said, it arrived yesterday or the day before I would have believed him, I also asked when am I due to get the car, he said by the middle of next week. Ordered on the 4th on January, I know people have waited much longer than this, but this is an absolute joke, it's pretty much a stock car, apart from the paint!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Just phoned my dealer, now I know they're talking bulls**t, apparently "its arriving in the UK today" this is crap as the ship left Tynemouth yesterday, it had been there for 2 days. Do the dealers really not know anything? Now see if he said, it arrived yesterday or the day before I would have believed him, I also asked when am I due to get the car, he said by the middle of next week. Ordered on the 4th on January, I know people have waited much longer than this, but this is an absolute joke, it's pretty much a stock car, apart from the paint!

Mine was also stock except the paint but was showing on the built and available list they have access to.
Still taken 4 weeks to arrive at the dealers.

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Mine was also stock except the paint but was showing on the built and available list they have access to.
Still taken 4 weeks to arrive at the dealers.
If I receive it next week I'll take the things back that I said, but I'm not holding my breath. 4 weeks from order or 4 weeks from the port?

misil_espanol

Feb 27, 2018

I've just heard from my dealer and bearing in mind the car has been sat in the UK at port for nearly 3 weeks the transport company said it was scheduled for delivery it June [:@]

They're aiming for it to be here next Monday but still no fixed or date. Something is really wrong with the logistics.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise