VCDS or OBD Eleven Coding Tweaks

Deleted member 103408

Sorry I am OBD11 so cant confirm what Carista does and does not support,

The carista app now does quite alot for the new Ibiza. The door mirror fold in is one of the options (my SE Tech doesn't have folding door mirrors so can't test it).

Hoikey what year is your ibiza please.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Carista uses ELM327 dongle (there are loads of them out there) or example https://www.amazon.co.uk/ELM327-Sca...pID=414hZeSsuSL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch but i am sure you can get them cheaper

There are some threads on here about how you can get a better deal with Carista if you sign up for pro service (that you pay for yearly) then cancel after the months free trial. Not my tool so have a search through the site.
many of the cheap Chinese ELM 327 are not compatible. The ones labelled v2.1 especially.

ToshW

Mar 23, 2018
Sheffield
Well I used to use Carista but my current car doesn't support that feature.

I have a Carista OBD and downloaded the app to hopefully enable mirror fold on single click on my 2018 Ibiza FR. As you say this model isn't supported yet. HOWEVER I then emailed support and they allowed me access to the beta version. Lots and lots of options some of which are out of my comfort zone but look interesting. The single click option worked great.... If you are comfortable working with beta versions it's an option.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I have a Carista OBD and downloaded the app to hopefully enable mirror fold on single click on my 2018 Ibiza FR. As you say this model isn't supported yet. HOWEVER I then emailed support and they allowed me access to the beta version. Lots and lots of options some of which are out of my comfort zone but look interesting. The single click option worked great.... If you are comfortable working with beta versions it's an option.

I emailed them as well and got the same reply. I decided, for what it cost, to just get their one at £15.99. I will be happy with the months free trial which will be long enough to do what I want to do.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Well bought the Carista dongle and got the beta software and now my wing mirrors fold automatically when I lock the doors :) Any other suggestions for useful things that can be changed?

Reactions: ToshW

Rokki21

Feb 1, 2018
Well bought the Carista dongle and got the beta software and now my wing mirrors fold automatically when I lock the doors :) Any other suggestions for useful things that can be changed?

Me too. Tried the mirror tilt when reversing and while I can get it on the multimedia menu it doesn’t actually work.

Would love Speedo swipe round but that’s not available. Everything else is set how i like it anyway.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Yea I can't get the reversing mirror tilt to work either, not much else really left I don't think

Bobbetybob

Feb 28, 2018
I've noticed that when you start the car it doesn't automatically select your driving mode if you've changed it. I looked in the manual and it does mentioned that this is the case and that it needs selecting each time you start the car (but why???). Does anyone know if there's a tweak for making it save the selected driving mode?

KV100

May 14, 2019
I already had an Elm 327 so I downloaded the Carista app. I was that excited about the changes I made that I forgot to cancel the subscription. Anyone in the Oldham area want to have a play in exchange for a pint?

Deleted member 103408

Eliminate the error of the led lamps in front fog lights All models
If you are thinking of putting LEDS in the front fog lights, with this modification you will avoid the error of failure of the bulb.
1 - Module 09 - Electronic control unit. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Leuchte13NL RB5
4 - Lassttyp 13 - (Change value to Led Lichtmodul)
5 - Dimmwert AB13 - (Change value to 127)
6 - Leuchte12NL LB45
7 - Lassttyp 12 - (Change value to Led Lichtmodul)
8 - Dimmwert AB12 - (Change value to 127)

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/6342/adaptions-spanish-site#ixzz5w8LxYaze

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
Eliminate the error of the led lamps in front fog lights All models
If you are thinking of putting LEDS in the front fog lights, with this modification you will avoid the error of failure of the bulb.
1 - Module 09 - Electronic control unit. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Leuchte13NL RB5
4 - Lassttyp 13 - (Change value to Led Lichtmodul)
5 - Dimmwert AB13 - (Change value to 127)
6 - Leuchte12NL LB45
7 - Lassttyp 12 - (Change value to Led Lichtmodul)
8 - Dimmwert AB12 - (Change value to 127)

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/6342/adaptions-spanish-site#ixzz5w8LxYaze
Thanks theoldboy I will tray it.By the way I have a vw polo from 2019 do you now if the procedure is the same?
Thanks again.

Deleted member 103408

Don't think so as I am pretty sure the lighting channels changed on the facelift car but I may be wrong as I dont follow them.

Check out the leuchte sets and see if you have them on the 2019 car if so then try it.

My understanding is you are chaning the setup to say to the control unit you have an LED Light setup so its ok to have an LED Light Bulb.

Ghost45

Aug 9, 2019
Rome

Yes sure , many of these encodings are in the web but i discovered mine new...these are located only in italian forum and here (now in the right thread) and in the OBDeleven app section "manual" for this car (seat ibiza 2019).

In the ODBeleven app there are also several encodings under payment directly with OBDeleven credits but if you see my thread many of these are "FREE" :cheers:

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.