PR Codes from VIN

Stus1252

May 2, 2016
Hey!

Is there any way to find the production codes for my Ibiza from the VIN?

I've checked the usual spots (under spare wheel, door checks, under rear seat, service manual) but there's no stickers and the local VW dealership ignored the emails asking for information.

Any ideas?

Deleted member 103408

On my leon its not under the spare wheel rather its ont he boot floor buy the spare wheel.

If you contact seat customer support sometimes they can actually be helpful [email protected] give them your VIN number and they should be able to help (as its all held online)

Reactions: Stus1252

Stus1252

May 2, 2016
On my leon its not under the spare wheel rather its ont he boot floor buy the spare wheel.

If you contact seat customer support sometimes they can actually be helpful [email protected] give them your VIN number and they should be able to help (as its all held online)

I'll have a look and if it's not there, I'll drop them an email - cheers!

johnnygal

Sep 15, 2023
Anyone have luck with this - I tried customer support on that email address and they replied that you have to get them from erWin. However, when you try and start a subscription on erWin, it provides the following warning "Note for private customers. Calling up vehicle data (PR numbers and equipment) is not available."

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Yeah it was a VW Group change to erWin in March '23. All brands are affected. You'll need to get it from someone who has a repairer account if Seat customer services can't / won't give it to you.

johnnygal

Sep 15, 2023
Ah that explains it.

I did try my local dealer but wasn't very helpful. I asked for a print and he says "It's a lot of pages". All he would do is tell me specific code I asked for. I didn't think at the time but I should have asked for the paint code as I now need a touch up stick. Really would be more comfortable if I had the full list for reference.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Okay, I have not tried to get that info recently, but last year I got a copy of my younger daughter's 2019 SEAT Arona CAR DATA, same for older daughter's 2019 SEAT Leon Cupra back in 2019, same for my wife's 2015 VW Polo back in 2015 and finally for my Audi S4 back in 2013. Before that, I got that info for my wife's 2002 VW Polo in 2002 and my 2000 VW Passat 4Motion in 2000.

Sometimes you can accidentally end up dealing with someone that does not know where to find that info, but yes, it tends to be maybe 6,or 8 or 10 etc pages, basically a build sheet for your actual car, and I can't see why any VW Group parts department would grudge you that, I'd even pay a small amount of money for all that important info if they felt the need to cover their costs, as it can make life a lot easier for you further down the line.

johnnygal

Sep 15, 2023
Yep, totally agree, I would be willing to pay a small fee to cover admin, paper, etc. I will probably try again, maybe I caught someone on a bad day.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I think that some of the VW Group online parts guys do offer that service at for a small bit of money, maybe even Coverdale Car Parts, you can find him on facebook.

johnnygal

Sep 15, 2023
Good call on Coverdale Car Parts. I have just ordered a build sheet for my car from them, princely sum of £1. Hopefully will come through soon. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: RUM4MO
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members