Best way to clean interior upholstery

Teaaaph

Apr 23, 2015
Oxford
I've just inherited an old Skoda and I'm planning to use it as my daily driver. It's rough around the edges but needs a bit of TLC when it comes to the interior. I've given it a hoover and cleaned some of the plastics but the interior has a really bad mold smell which I'm convinced this is coming from the seats. I used to have some Autoglym Interior Shampoo but I've misplaced it somewhere. I've heard some foam based cleaners are good. What would you recommend?

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
I've just inherited an old Skoda and I'm planning to use it as my daily driver. It's rough around the edges but needs a bit of TLC when it comes to the interior. I've given it a hoover and cleaned some of the plastics but the interior has a really bad mold smell which I'm convinced this is coming from the seats. I used to have some Autoglym Interior Shampoo but I've misplaced it somewhere. I've heard some foam based cleaners are good. What would you recommend?

If they are really bad, a wet vac would be your best bet, you can rent them fairly cheap nowadays.

If you just want to give them a wipe over, GTechniq I2 is brilliant, it'll remove any stains and help eliminate the odour.

Seat20V

May 3, 2016
Hi,

Yes as already said I'd rent a wet vac, plenty of upholstery cleaners about, AG Interior Shampoo would be good, trouble is making sure they dry properly.

Thanks