Options affecting Leon lead times

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Finally received our leon ST FR 150ps manual in mystery blue today, just 2 days short of 16 weeks after ordering, absolutely love it, but is it just me or are the door handles very big and chunky for such a sleek looking car? I don't even think my old Nissan jukes door handles were as chunky as the Leon's.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Cant say Ive noticed it tbh. Turned on auto hold function today. i dont i'll ever have to press the brakes again, just let the front assist do the braking and the auto hold do the holding!!

Another thing, when setting mirror dip in reverse, the manual says turn knob to 'R'. Its actually 'L' that it needs to be set to!

Already changed reverse bulb to LED and fitted stronger boot struts to make the lid lift up when released. Got Carista waiting to be played with too.

Another former Juke owner here!
Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: IrnBru

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
Finally received our leon ST FR 150ps manual in mystery blue today, just 2 days short of 16 weeks after ordering, absolutely love it, but is it just me or are the door handles very big and chunky for such a sleek looking car? I don't even think my old Nissan jukes door handles were as chunky as the Leon's.

I noticed they are quite chunky but I like it, gives them a solid feel.

The only issue I have with mine so far is an annoying creaking noise from the drivers seat, near the edge where the bolster meets the seat back. Not sure whether I should contact the dealer about it. Passenger seat is fine.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
ordered a lease Cupra 300 DSG today. the lead times every single place i talked to were 22 weeks, so expecting delivery around October.

Have you had a build date yet? Did you order any extras?, I ordered mine two weeks ago and still am waiting a build date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Have you had a build date yet? Did you order any extras?, I ordered mine two weeks ago and still am waiting a build date

I ordered an ST which probably extends wait times, but that was placed 14th Feb and I still don't have a build week. Probably best to assume you won't get one for a good few weeks yet.

jammer

Feb 20, 2018
remain positive chaps ... I’ve been told today
that mine should be delivered to the dealers on Tuesday and ready for collection on Thursday all going well... I ordered mine on Feb 21st and it was built 4 weeks later ... so the lead times do seem a bit random..

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
remain positive chaps ... I’ve been told today
that mine should be delivered to the dealers on Tuesday and ready for collection on Thursday all going well... I ordered mine on Feb 21st and it was built 4 weeks later ... so the lead times do seem a bit random..
This makes me feel worse! Lol ordered 17th Feb and not even a build date yet let alone build and ready for collection!

jammer

Feb 20, 2018
This makes me feel worse! Lol ordered 17th Feb and not even a build date yet let alone build and ready for collection!

I was quoted 20+ weeks ... but then after a few weeks it jumped up the queue ... so it can happen ..

olie93

Jun 7, 2014
Whittlesey
I ordered my Leon on the 13th March, was originally quoted early July which has now changed to mid-July. With the increase in build times that Scrogg published this week i expect that to drift further.

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
I ordered my Leon on the 13th March, was originally quoted early July which has now changed to mid-July. With the increase in build times that Scrogg published this week i expect that to drift further.

Order times I have seen are all over the place, we ordered our leon ST FR 2.0 diesel in mystery blue on the 3rd of January from a franchised dealer, no other options, we eventually received it on the 23rd of April (2 days short of 15 weeks) for a standard new car, that wait is far too long for me, I notice on the keys, there's a black tab on it and it has the build date 27th of February, how long does it take to build a car? Less than a week? If so then it took 6 weeks to get from Barcelona to the dealers then I received it a week after that.

Hang in there, as I said order times are all over the place, it could come forward.

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
I ordered a Cupra ST at the start of this week with only the winter pack as an option and have been given an estimated delivery date to the supplier of mid October. The waiting begins....:bounce:

PHILMEWAGON

Long member
Apr 4, 2013
Boro

hey!
No extras - I was trying to win at maths: Cupra on the lease I got works out about 40 quid a month more than my current Leon is costing me, factoring in finances, depreciation etc. If I add in not having an asset to sell at the end of the contract it pushes it up a bit more, but I have no intention of ever returning to completely owning a car unless leasing prices get out of control.

Ive had no further info yet either, just shelved it until October cause Ill drive myself nuts thinking about it otherwise :p