1.2 TSi engine, nearly at 100,000 mile.

Topzzy55

Dec 12, 2017
North East
Just writing to say how impressed I am with the little 1.2tsi 105bhp I have in my seat leon! Coming from a remapped Astra 2.0cdti with 200bhp I was expecting to be disappointed but it's a little nippy thing when you need it to be. Think a remap is on the cards for when im doing motorway miles as obviously it's got no where near as much pull as the Astra but it's still good enough for everyday use. Plus it's just reached the 91,000 mile barrier and all is still well! So just thought I'd share my thoughts on the engine from the months I've had the car

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Evening,

I have previously had the Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost at 125BHP and that thing shifted for a pretty heavy car, pulled even when in 6th doing 70.

Do you know what a remap can get you? 150BHP would be lovely!

Cheers

Topzzy55

Dec 12, 2017
North East
Evening,

I have previously had the Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost at 125BHP and that thing shifted for a pretty heavy car, pulled even when in 6th doing 70.

Do you know what a remap can get you? 150BHP would be lovely!

Cheers
Sorry for the late reply!

Yes mine pulls in 6th up hill with a full car, the engine is terrific. Also did a 0-60mph and got there in 9.9 seconds which is a second faster than Seat claim (Typical VAG) :bleh:! A remap will get it to about 130BHP, 150lbt of torque so worth it!

Its in for its M.O.T today and it needs a service first but a remap is definitely within the near future!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
No need to apologise on your own thread buddy haha

Is there much price difference for a service now you have a smaller engine?

Hopefully all goes well today and get that map sorted lol

Cheers

Topzzy55

Dec 12, 2017
North East
Well it passed it's M.O.T with no advisories !

The service is about half the price of the Astra (though it would of been worth it as I loved that car) so that is to get done soon.

Then it's having a 3 hour trip to Alton towers in June and 5 hour trip to Thorpe Park in July so I might need the remap before Thorpe park!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.