Staff member
Nov 24, 2012

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Put some nice sticky Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires on the front as i was impressed with the supersports and this is the replacement.

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
My Leon goes tomorrow, held onto it too long and beginning to have some issues with it so it’s time. Should have swapped it for something newer a year or two ago. Absolutely gutted to see it go after 6 years and nearly 100K!

All cleaned and ready -
36233bbd9aa077e64a4ce2195a70af3e.jpg

I’m not replacing it yet either, will be just using my works car (sign written Fiesta) for the next few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just about to set off on a nice 2 hour trip to Norwich for a night out, shame it's pissing it down and the car is clean and dry but needs must! Just stuck my Cupra badge on the front... That's got to be 1bhp extra at least which should save me about 4 seconds...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Gave the old girl a good clean, the alloys are starting to look a little faded so looks like some money must be spent...
932afc166442cb53fe261bfc5724fee0.jpg
cd6e4c828dcf9eac596e2b693dd1cceb.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I have indeed, I'm unsure on the best way to cover chips and tiny scratches for blue... Can you get touch up paint that actually works lol

Cheers

I think its more for a distance look lol ive never been able to do a touch up. I leave the chips now as the car is 11 years old i can pass the odd few off as wear and tear

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I think its more for a distance look lol ive never been able to do a touch up. I leave the chips now as the car is 11 years old i can pass the odd few off as wear and tear

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348
Yeah I didn't know if it worth a pop, I've got one chip near enough in the middle of the bonnet lol its quite annoying.

Cheers

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
E38A3954 2.jpg

Yesterday I dealt with this paint blemish on the roof caused by bird droppings. Looks like it was on the roof for a couple of days during the recent hot weather.

This is actual damage to the clear coat and was invisible when viewed from directly above after the droppings were cleaned off but very noticeable at an angle.

I smoothed the blemish out with some 5000 grit wet & dry followed by a first polish with some 7000 grit and then brought the finish back with some Scratch X.

Very happy with the end result. It looks perfect and you can’t even tell it was ever there.

Oh, and I popped out to the local dealer to order some wheel bolt covers as some toe rag seems to have help themselves to a few of mine!

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Changed the camshaft sensor
Cleaned and re oiled the panel filter
Replaced the air-box rubber mountings

Still need to get to fitting new brake discs and pads and get to the bottom of where the fault causing P0010 code is.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Changed the camshaft sensor

Still need to get to fitting new brake discs and pads and get to the bottom of where the fault causing P0010 code is.
A up, just done some Googling which I'm sure you've done already and found the following stuff
  • Engine timing out of sync
  • Engine oil sludge (from lack of oil changes)
  • Worn timing components (chains, gears, guides)
  • Crankshaft or camshaft sensor malfunctions
  • Wiring damage
  • ECM software out of date
  • ECM internal damage
90% of the sites suggest the sensor which you've already changed so not sure if any of these are true to code but maybe worth looking into?

Cheers

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Took it for a run and its running full boost. Code started the very next key turn after topping up the engine oil which is still 1500 miles before next change due. Torque app says P0010 - Powertrain "A" Camshaft position Actuator Circuit (Bank1)

First 30 seconds after startup its a bit lumpy with the odd hiccup and then settles and drives just fine and gives full power no problem so plot thickens.

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
My old last Leon went nearly 2 months ago and I've been driving around in a works C1 but today I've been told my new car is coming next week :))) Another Leon, but this time a MK3 ST FR 2.0tdi Technology. Very excited and will massively appreciate it after a couple of months in the C1. As its a works car strictly speaking, I will have to keep it standard, but may do some coding / feature enabling.

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Had to drive 50 mile round trip to collect some front brake discs as the delivery driver ASSUMED that as the address was to a school that there would not be anyone there in half-term even though schools still have support staff onsite through the year. Then a knock sound has started from the steering FFS right after having to order a VVT actuator solenoid :censored:

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK

Going to be masking the contact areas and putting some VHT paint on to rust prevent.

Cant decide which colour as the car is yellow and the calipers are red.