We're all cleaning with the wrong thing...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
This is insane lol I don't drink energy drinks but if I did I'd be out haha

Cheers

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
That bloke needs to clear his workbench (sorry no sound if its a lass).

It's disgusting all that tut/toot (however that's spelt) knocking about.

Would drive me insane :fool:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That bloke needs to clear his workbench (sorry no sound if its a lass).

It's disgusting all that tut/toot (however that's spelt) knocking about.

Would drive me insane :fool:
I always get mocked for having a clean place for tools etc, supposedly I don't use them properly if they are clean haha

Cheers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I always get mocked for having a clean place for tools etc, supposedly I don't use them properly if they are clean haha

I was taught to always clean my tools before I put em away. Gets me some funny looks. So all my tools are sparkly. The dents/scuffs where I've hit them with a giant hammer, that's how you know I use em properly :happy:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I was taught to always clean my tools before I put em away. Gets me some funny looks. So all my tools are sparkly. The dents/scuffs where I've hit them with a giant hammer, that's how you know I use em properly :happy:
So you're saying if I go in the garage tonight and hit my tools with the hammer, I've used them properly to anyone who comes round haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So you're saying if I go in the garage tonight and hit my tools with the hammer, I've used them properly to anyone who comes round haha

Well my general rule is ... if I can't get a part off within 90 seconds, I choose an appropriate socket or spanner and hammer the :censored: out of it. So pretty much all my tools have got hammer marks.

Reactions: kazand

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Well my general rule is ... if I can't get a part off within 90 seconds, I choose an appropriate socket or spanner and hammer the :censored: out of it. So pretty much all my tools have got hammer marks.
Mental note... Do not let @Legojon borrow any tools haha Surely on our cars everything takes more than 90 seconds to take anything off that hasn't been already replaced.

Midlife_crisis

Jun 1, 2016

Worked with my dad a few years ago and during a slow period wanted to give his tools a clean, promptly got told to stop as the oil and grease stops rust and looks less appealing to those who like to borrow permanently.
As for energy drinks, I used to drink the stuff and the wife would love show me things like this accompanied by tuts and shaking of her head.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.