Seat Leon 1.2 TSI

Pxul_

May 16, 2018
Hi Guys,

I'm new here, however, i have searched for some advice regarding my car. As the title states i have a 1.2 TSI Leon Copa, and i am having problems with my engine ticking over then once it does it settles at 600 RPM (which seems pretty low) as it was usually lying at the 800/900 mark.

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest anything i could do differently or if there is an issue with the car.

Did post in the wrong section initially hoping this is the right one :)

inbetweener

Jan 19, 2016
If there are any faults with the running of the car a warning light will normally come on unless it's purely mechanical which is unlikely.
Are you sure it actually has a fault?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pxul_

May 16, 2018
If there are any faults with the running of the car a warning light will normally come on unless it's purely mechanical which is unlikely.
Are you sure it actually has a fault?

Im not 100% as im not the most savvy with cars all i know is the engine sometimes doesnt tick over and when it does the rpm is lower than what it was when i first got it

inbetweener

Jan 19, 2016
I don't think you have a problem. Your car was maybe revving a little higher than normal in the cold weather but slightly differently now that your coolant won't be as cold.
Personally I wouldn't worry too much unless mil light is illuminated. Only other thing you can do is have a diagnostic check performed on it for any underlying issue.
Sorry can't help much more

Pxul_

May 16, 2018
I don't think you have a problem. Your car was maybe revving a little higher than normal in the cold weather but slightly differently now that your coolant won't be as cold.
Personally I wouldn't worry too much unless mil light is illuminated. Only other thing you can do is have a diagnostic check performed on it for any underlying issue.
Sorry can't help much more

Thanks for your help, i came looking for advice and youve given me a load. If it continues i will get a diagnostic done on it.

Thanks again :)

Pxul_

May 16, 2018
I used to have a 1.2tsi Leon. With AC on itnticked over at 800, with AC off it ticked over at 600.

Not sure if this info helps.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Thanks @elnigel i'm going to test what the RPM is with the AC on now

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
It's not just the normal hold at higher revs for 30 seconds or so at startup is it? Or is that just a Cupra thing? I read it is to get the catalyst up to temperature faster.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.