Dynamic Rear Indicators

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Love these... maybe when I have to upgrade the 280 these will be an option to add

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe1110

Mar 19, 2018
Love these also, I’m hoping that there’s some way this can be coded though! I can’t see why not, you’re just turning individual LEDs on in sequence!

Reactions: kanyewest

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Love these also, I’m hoping that there’s some way this can be coded though! I can’t see why not, you’re just turning individual LEDs on in sequence!

The lights above apparently need some extra hardware in the lights themselves as well as some coding.

Bailer

May 15, 2018
A bit too much for what the outcome is - 1300€? Less than that I can get a Stage 1 remap and it will be much more fun than those ;)
exactly, if you can see the rear indicators on your Cupra, its probably been nicked!

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Those types of indicators are awesome, but not worth the €1300, you would think SEAT would have done this to their face lift mk3.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Those types of indicators are awesome, but not worth the €1300, you would think SEAT would have done this to their face lift mk3.
Probably another thing they won't do in a hurry as to keep the distinction between the Golf R, S3 etc. I think it is standard on the mk7.5 Golf R but you have to pay for it on the S3.

I expect Seat will follow suit at some point in the future the more common it gets. Fords and Peugeots have this on some models too. I'm pretty sure I've seen scrolling indicators on a lorry or two also.

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
Probably another thing they won't do in a hurry as to keep the distinction between the Golf R, S3 etc. I think it is standard on the mk7.5 Golf R but you have to pay for it on the S3.

I expect Seat will follow suit at some point in the future the more common it gets. Fords and Peugeots have this on some models too. I'm pretty sure I've seen scrolling indicators on a lorry or two also.

Exactly, VAG have to differentiate their products somehow. If everything was to Audi spec on a SEAT, why pay the extra for an Audi!
Those indicators to look good though, the new Audi A6 ones look amazing, super bright too

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Not a fan at all, they're tacky. The whole point of LED indicators is that you get a bright, clean on-off flash. The dynamic ones are putting fancy looks over functionality and they're less visible because of it.
I believe these will be the standard in a couple of years time.

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
I think I remember Audi convincing regulators that the sweeping worked better as it gave an indication of if the car was moving in a certain direction, so it was better if the car was parked up on hazards and one indicator covered up. However they seem to have the sweeping on all the time on every car even on hazards, which totally defeats that thought. Oh well.

Reactions: kanyewest

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
I believe these will be the standard in a couple of years time.

Probably, I've already seen them on commercial vehicles, a newer Lexus and on the front of a newer Suzuki. Hopefully they'll at least add a setting to just have a normal flash instead.

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
I bought them anyway, with credit card in case of any funny business.
Will post a video if they are decent enough for everyone else to see in a few days.
Yeah nice one chap. Surely it can be done through coding as people have been saying though.