Didn’t last long...

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Driver (my partner) fine, albeit bruised. Car crashed yesterday, written off today and claim being settled Monday. I highly recommend LV!

As to Zooms question in the other thread as to whether I’d order it or the C3 if I was ordering again... I didn’t expect to have to actually be doing that, but I do so I will!

Zoom

Apr 28, 2018
Cyprus
Ouch... glad nobody was hurt and that everything is covered!

So are you buying an Ibiza again, or will think about it?

I don't know when exactly you ordered the Ibiza, but most probably the new Polo was not out yet and maybe the new Fiesta was not available yet either.

Reactions: Peter

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
I’ve driven both the new Polo and the new Fiesta, and I’ll be ordering another SEAT. I’ve never been a great Ford fan, and I really really don’t like the driving position or interior of it. Plus, three years ago I had a Focus hire car with the 1.0T engine, and it broke down on the M1. So Ford is out.

The Polo has more softer touch plastics in it than the Ibiza, but still got its fair share of hard plastics low down on the interior. And I don’t know about you but I never actually touch the dashboard so that doesn’t bother me. I think the Ibiza’s interior is a crisper design - I like its simplicity. I also think the Polo looks a bit dull. The only thing that might sway me is lead times for a new Ibiza, and when the new A1 is available.

McSwanky

Apr 16, 2018
Driver (my partner) fine, albeit bruised. Car crashed yesterday, written off today and claim being settled Monday. I highly recommend LV!

As to Zooms question in the other thread as to whether I’d order it or the C3 if I was ordering again... I didn’t expect to have to actually be doing that, but I do so I will!

Wow, that's a sair yin. Hope you're all ok, must have been a fair impact.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
View of the police is that the front radar / collision assist / auto braking stuff or whatever it’s called meant that the impact speed was much lower than it would otherwise have been. Not sure the Fiesta even has that? Assume the Polo does, but I’m not sure.

Passenger cell completely intact, though the windscreen is broken. All doors open and close :)

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
We can all complain when the sat nav in the car is useless, the trim is easily scratched and the boot is hard to close, but when it comes down to it all that matters is that it looks after you when something like that happens; which your's patently did. Good to know everyone is OK.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Bl00dy heck! That looks serious...Glad your partner is OK. How did it happen?

Have you decided on a new car?

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Bl00dy heck! That looks serious...Glad your partner is OK. How did it happen?

Have you decided on a new car?

Not entirely sure how it happened yet, but the emd result eas a collision with a stone wall and a street sign.

The new car will be exactly the same as the ‘old’ (10 weeks old...) one, with the addition of the Beats audio upgrade, just because. Mihht add the wireless charging as well. The dealsr that ome came from is quoting 22 weeks leas time though!!

Zoom

Apr 28, 2018
Cyprus
I’ve driven both the new Polo and the new Fiesta, and I’ll be ordering another SEAT. I’ve never been a great Ford fan, and I really really don’t like the driving position or interior of it. Plus, three years ago I had a Focus hire car with the 1.0T engine, and it broke down on the M1. So Ford is out.

The Polo has more softer touch plastics in it than the Ibiza, but still got its fair share of hard plastics low down on the interior. And I don’t know about you but I never actually touch the dashboard so that doesn’t bother me. I think the Ibiza’s interior is a crisper design - I like its simplicity. I also think the Polo looks a bit dull. The only thing that might sway me is lead times for a new Ibiza, and when the new A1 is available.

The only reason I would care about soft plastics is that they are probably harder to scratch. That piano black plastic of the Ibiza seems like it can scratch very easily.

You will probably not be able to get the new A1 until next year. But if you don't care to "upgrade" to the interior of the Polo then why would you spend even more for the A1? I personally really like the design language of Audi, but you pay a premium price, so not exactly a great value.

LeeT91

Jan 15, 2018
West Calder
Damn, glad everyone’s okay!

People have a habit of crashing into me(twice within a space of 6 months) so good to see that it stands up well to a decent impact, albeit it being written off of course.

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018

People have a habit of crashing into me(twice within a space of 6 months) so good to see that it stands up well to a decent impact, albeit it being written off of course.

A lorry scratched and dented my passenger door of my Leon ST 2 weeks after picking it up from the dealer, currently being repaired just now. Nothing on this though, thankfully only just bruises, metal can be replaced. Glad your misses is alright.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
The only reason I would care about soft plastics is that they are probably harder to scratch. That piano black plastic of the Ibiza seems like it can scratch very easily.

You will probably not be able to get the new A1 until next year. But if you don't care to "upgrade" to the interior of the Polo then why would you spend even more for the A1? I personally really like the design language of Audi, but you pay a premium price, so not exactly a great value.

Regardless of the soft touch plastics or otherwise of the main dash, the dash inserts such as the piano black one on the SEAT are a separate matter. My BMW has a polished black dash trim, and dense, soft touch dashboard. I never touch either. The polished black has fine scratches that catch the sun. I expect the Ibiza’s would have done the same if it lived long enough. The trim on the dash of the Polo will do the same I’m sure...

The A1 is a far sharper looking car than the Polo, and I’d pay more for that alone. At the moment the A1 is cheaper than the equivalent new Polo by a few hundred quick, spec for spec, and the same is true of the Fabia and the Ibiza. But I’d rather have an Ibiza than a Fabia, and likewise I’d rather have an A1 than a Polo!

As it happens, the lead time for an Ibiza has been quoted as 22 weeks. I reckon that could mean end of September. The new A1 goes on sale in December, so can presumably be ordered from September-ish...!

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex

Yes, it’s a very modern platform with lots of passive and active safety kit, which has worked well. For that reason alone a new one is very appealing, though I’m sure the Fabia, Ibiza, Polo and upcoming A1 will perform similarly. I don’t know if they all have the same level of active safety kit though? You’d like to think that they did, but it’s not clear from VWs website that the Polo has the city brake function or associated features?

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
My god peter!! Atleast that bump in the back isn’t so bad anymore. How much more badluck could you get! What happened?!
Very sad to see the death of one of our 1st March 18ers so soon! Will be missed!
What about your armrest? Is there anything you can salvage from the car?
What actually happens with the car now? From what I see there’s so much that coukd be sold on, the navigation system, the wheel disc brakes, seats eveything that’s not damaged!

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
The insurance company are paying out on a new for old basis, so giving me what it would cost (after discount) to buy a new one today. They’re including the cost of the armrest in the payout, because I sent them a copy of the invoice, so I didn’t even try and remove it :)

The car is being collected Monday by CoPart, who are a salvage auction place. So I reckon one of two things will happen...
Either it’ll be bought and stripped for parts
Or it’ll be bought and repaired

My insurance company have deemed it a total loss, but they have to replace everything with new parts.
It’s possible that it could be repaired cheaper / to a lower standard for less...

Though the reality is, because of the level of discounts, even with all its extras ours didn’t cost much more than £17k brand new
So I personally wouldn’t pay any more than £14k for a low mileage undamaged one
And if that’s the price of an undamged one, what would you pay for a damaged repaired one? Personally I wouldn’t, but I can see if it was cheap some people would. But it’d have to be usefully less than one without an accident history. Maybe £10/11k?

I fear it will be repaired on the cheap and end back up on the road simply because it’s value as parts must be pretty low. The Ibiza hasn’t been on sale long, so there can’t be much demand for parts. And most (all...?) are under a year old so if they are damaged they’ll be repaired using new parts by insurance companies. Be interesting to see how much a replacement LED headlight for an Ibiza is for example...

Cerfwo

Feb 10, 2018
Blimey Peter! I got my car just a few days after the 1st of March and remember looking on yours in envy, couldn't wait to get mine. Didn't recognise your car just now until I got to the picture with the plate which I somehow remembered!

Glad to hear insurance are sorting you out, shame about the new lead times though. Did you let your dealer know what happened? Also if insurance is paying on new for old, does that mean LV provide gap insurance free? As I have purchased gap insurance as an addition to my main policy as I don't think my cover will pay more than the actual value of the car at the time of any incident.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Yes, I remember the pre March 1st buzz from a number of us! Our car had done around 2,000 miles when the accident happened. And almost 300 of those were picking it up from Liverpool :roflmao:

I think pretty much all insurers offer new for old in the first year don’t they? It’s year 2 onwards that GAP helps from that perspective.

Yes, I’ve spoken to the dealer and he is on the case, and the good news is that no one was seriously hurt. A strong little car!

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
Sorry to see Peter - but I’m glad the car did its job well and that LV have dealt with it well. A shame to see a fellow March 18 car gone but it happens and the main thing is everyone is okay!

Also great that you’re intending to get another Ibiza :) hope the lead times arent quite as long as predicted (but guessing the current seatbelt recall probably wont speed things up...)

Stuattravs

Jun 10, 2018
Glad everyone is ok, funnily enough I hit a deer 10 hours from getting the car delivered, no major damage but bloody typical

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.