The ultimate front splitter thread

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Opinions people, as some may know my cupra is for repair, the front splitter is being replaced and I’ve got a second chance to change the centre section to the correct black as per the accessories book.

As it is now

2e8b8c946fb3cd6b1974c113df9967a3.jpg

With black

2bdd24a3d030223c5fe786bd624cd15f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked the look of the car as you had it, but from the shots here I prefer the black lip.

Makes the lower centre grille look slightly larger, more aggressive.

Starts to make up for the fact that they no longer black out the part behind the number plate.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
Opinions people, as some may know my cupra is for repair, the front splitter is being replaced and I’ve got a second chance to change the centre section to the correct black as per the accessories book.

As it is now

2e8b8c946fb3cd6b1974c113df9967a3.jpg

With black

2bdd24a3d030223c5fe786bd624cd15f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd definitely got for the black middle section, makes it look a lot more aggressive.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Black for me as well, can you have your number plate on a sticker on the bonnet like we did way way back in the day

After doing some measuring up I have worked out that I can trim 10mm off the height of the plate and still stay legal ( character size, manufacturer post code, bs number )
Then the plate will sit properly in the recess.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
@DEAN0, @theoldboy ,@Lmbarrett83, @JayClarke

I think i'm sold on the black, not that it took too much convincing. Cheers for the feedback, greatly appreciated.
I agree, why did they negate the black behind the reg, makes it harder to tell the difference between an FR and a CUPRA!

oh and yes this is the SEAT OEM Lip as per the accessories catalogue.
Hopefully if the paint shop don't destroy it when taking it off :headhurt:, I should have a spare splitter going, price TBA, so watch this space.

Semtax

Jan 18, 2018
I asked Triple R and they said it can be made to fit but doesn't sit perfectly. They are wanting somebody who has a 300 to pop in so they can make moulds. Until they get their hands on an actual car they cannot make one.

Im thinking of just biting the bullet on this and ordering one for my 300. I wonder when they say "doesn't sit perfectly" is it noticeable?

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
Has anybody fitted any other front splitter apart from Rieger and RDX? As others have said I would like to fit the TripleR Composite one. Any pictures would be good.

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
Sorry guys, I meant on a 300 Facelift model. Nearly every one I've seen has either the Rieger or RDX splitter fitted. I would like to fit a TripleR Composite splitter on the 300 but was told it wasn't a perfect fit as it's for the pre-facelift model. If anybody has any pictures and advice I'd be very grateful.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Sorry guys, I meant on a 300 Facelift model. Nearly every one I've seen has either the Rieger or RDX splitter fitted. I would like to fit a TripleR Composite splitter on the 300 but was told it wasn't a perfect fit as it's for the pre-facelift model. If anybody has any pictures and advice I'd be very grateful.
If you’re not far away see if they can use your car to take a template of yours for the facelift.

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
i have got a TRC gloss black coming off my 2900 black cupra soon if anyone wants a used one for sensible money?

PM me and have a look in parts for sale too.

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
not sure if its fits a facelift car as the face lift car looks a bit more angular. welcome to try it out if I swing by chap

my car is a 6 plate/2017 pre face lift cupra 290

Reactions: ChrisFRTP

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
does anyone know if the reiger splitter requires holes drilling into the original bumper?

I dont want to leave a mess when the splitter comes off afterwards.

thanks guys

Reactions: Maypack
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.