Highly possible Cupra 300 purchase - Some questions...

Bensb93

Jun 2, 2018
Hi All,

I am considering a Cupra 300 DSG as my new car.

A couple of questions really that are on on my mind...

People's general option? I'm looking at the 5dr.
Anything I need to be aware of?
People's thoughts on the digital cockpit?
Servicing costs and intervals?
Is the Ambient lighting pack standard? I cannot for the life of me find this out online.

I am hopefully off for a test drive today. I have owned similar engined VAG products, but hopefully this one will be a bit more exciting and tick the boxes.

Thanks in advance.
Ben

Bailer

May 15, 2018
Hi All,

Is the Ambient lighting pack standard? I cannot for the life of me find this out online.

I am hopefully off for a test drive today. I have owned similar engined VAG products, but hopefully this one will be a bit more exciting and tick the boxes.

Thanks in advance.
Ben
Can help with some of the questions, ambient lighting is standard on Cupra, the digital cockpit is great, have it on my Leon very customizable, allowing a good number of different views, my servicing seems to be set at about 20000kms. Have had a lot of VAG motors over the years and the Cupra is a fantastic car, the likes of DCC that’s std is great, it can be a really comfortable cruiser, seats are very comfortable, cockpit is well laid out and driver focused, I couldn’t be happier with it, the 300hp helps too

Bensb93

Jun 2, 2018
Can help with some of the questions, ambient lighting is standard on Cupra, the digital cockpit is great, have it on my Leon very customizable, allowing a good number of different views, my servicing seems to be set at about 20000kms. Have had a lot of VAG motors over the years and the Cupra is a fantastic car, the likes of DCC that’s std is great, it can be a really comfortable cruiser, seats are very comfortable, cockpit is well laid out and driver focused, I couldn’t be happier with it, the 300hp helps too
Thanks for your thoughts, very useful.

Is the ambient lighting you refer to this? or is this an additional option?

http://www.seat.com/car-terms/l/led-interior-illumination.html
Thanks once again.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Thanks once again.
Yes that is the package and comes as standard (in the UK at least)

The colour of the lighting in the front door cards can be selected. The intensity can also be adjusted.
The colour of the lighting in the footwell cannot be changed but the intensity can be adjusted.

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
Ben
Get down to IMG Warrington seat before the £289 deposit £289 a month PCH disappears it won’t be around forever.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Bear in mind you can't order 3 door anymore so 5 door is your only option.

Delivery will be January / February next year too unless you get lucky...

Bailer

May 15, 2018

Thanks once again.
Yes that is the package and comes as standard (in the UK at least)

The colour of the lighting in the front door cards can be selected. The intensity can also be adjusted.
The colour of the lighting in the footwell cannot be changed but the intensity can be adjusted.
Couldn’t have put it better myself

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Get down to IMG Warrington seat before the £289 deposit £289 a month PCH disappears it won’t be around forever.

Last year it was £249 but that was just for the manual.

Is this the standard price for a 5dr DSG with IMG Warrington?

I know VWFS were able to match the price of IMG Warrington last year. They then gave you a choice of the available dealerships that you could place the order with.

Not sure if this has changed.

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
Last year it was £249 but that was just for the manual.

Is this the standard price for a 5dr DSG with IMG Warrington?

I know VWFS were able to match the price of IMG Warrington last year. They then gave you a choice of the available dealerships that you could place the order with.

Not sure if this has changed.

https://www.seatwarrington.co.uk/newcars/details/seat/leon-hatchback/20-tsi-cupra-300-5dr-dsg/17258/

I thought this would be through vwfs as it’s a main dealer and doubt they could offer finance through a third party?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
https://www.seatwarrington.co.uk/newcars/details/seat/leon-hatchback/20-tsi-cupra-300-5dr-dsg/17258/

I thought this would be through vwfs as it’s a main dealer and doubt they could offer finance through a third party?

Yes it certainly is states it in the small print

"Further charges may be payable when vehicle is returned. Indemnities may be required. Subject to status. SEAT Finance, Freepost SEAT Finance."

So as a customer you can go through SEAT finance direct and get the same deal.

I was wondering if the DSG was always priced at £289 as the manual was £249 when I originally took up this offer.

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
Yes it certainly is states it in the small print

"Further charges may be payable when vehicle is returned. Indemnities may be required. Subject to status. SEAT Finance, Freepost SEAT Finance."

So as a customer you can go through SEAT finance direct and get the same deal.

I was wondering if the DSG was always priced at £289 as the manual was £249 when I originally took up this offer.

If you go to other dealers the seat finance offer is
£1434 plus vat and £239 plus vat monthly.
This is shown on the main seat website.
I don’t know how IMG are doing it cheaper, but doubt you will be able to get many if any other dealerships to match it.

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
As above , I work for main SEAT dealer and have a cheap 290st BE , this goes back in September but I Sat with manager to discus new lease and actually saw the base flat rate for myself and they can't get near img price

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Wow, just shows how good last year's offer really was.

I was told that VWFS used campaigns and the prices/offers lasted the duration of a particular campaign.

My original order didn't work out too well, but I spoke directly with SEAT/Fleet/VWFS and quoted the IMG deal. They honoured this and then asked me which local SEAT dealer to place it through.

Didn't realize that things worked differently now.

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
Yeah Seat pulled the big discounts on some models, my 290st 18mths ago had iirc about 35% off at dealer from Seat, hence all the great deals, now it was nearer 15% possibly even less in the latest quarter,

yessar_kd

May 4, 2008
Birmingham
I have ordered the Seat Cupra 300 DSG in mystery blue a month ago from my local dealer. (Birmingham Star City)
I managed to get it as close to IMG price. They are aware of the IMG deal
I will be paying £299 + 23 x £299 and no admin fee.
It worked out I will be paying about £7 more than the IMG price so I'm happy with the outcome

PHILMEWAGON

Long member
Apr 4, 2013
Boro
throw into the mix that lead times make a car order today likely to be a February delivery. Worth knowing imo.

c1j2w3f4

Nov 21, 2017
I managed to get SEAT Peterborough to match the IMG offer. The actual deal was something like £1545 initial deposit and then £279 a month (manual on 12,000 miles). But they said they make so much money there with excess target hitting they could offer me a bacs transfer of about £1300 to make it a 1+23 deal.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.