OBDeleven modifications

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Have you checked if there is an app to do it (as that is what he used in the video)

Have you checked in Module 08 - Electronic air conditioning / heating to see if there are any options in long coding or adaptions.

There was no app, but I am going to check today if there are the options you mention, but I am wondering if they will all be in German.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
There was no app, but I am going to check today if there are the options you mention, but I am wondering if they will all be in German.

Well, answering my own question: went down to the car and did not find any options on that 08 module, so I am guessing the answer is no ;)
Couldn't find it before on the Octavia either and found a post from someone requesting for the app to be added to OBDeleven for the Golf, so I guess this is not possible on the MQB cars

Deleted member 103408

Sorry did not help, checked out my pre face coding and there are a lot of long coding bits that are not labeled so it may be but just not shown. Dont forget on long coding you have two different views on the top of the screen you have a 0 and 1, the 0 is a short cut system that oBD11 have put in place with there description, but there are other descriptions and things that can be done using the original Byte / Bit screen.

Having said that I suspect you are correct and this is not on the MQB setup.

Reactions: Jaco2k

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Does anyone know if this is possible on our cars and what would the coding for it be?

Yeah it does work and should do it as standard in my opinion. I used the app option so don't know about coding. The changes to make the air con cooler have been handy recently aswell that's worth doing.

Deleted member 103408

LeonFR62 What year is your car, could you share you air con long coding string.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Done these on a 2015 2.0tdi 184. These are copied and pasted from the obdeleven forum this is what I followed, the wording is slightly different but you should be able to work it out by looking through the available changes.

More cold in the cooler
With this mod 30% more cold in the climate control is achieved. (Thanks to Xagico)
1 - Module 08 - Electronic air conditioning / heating
2 - Extended Coding (Text)
3 - Temperature Adjustment
4 - Change value: Set colder func.refrig

Show climate control fan speed with LEDs in AUTO mode
As you know, in manual mode the speed segments are led us indicating the fan speed, however they are not automatic. With this mod the it'll also show in automatic mode.
1 - Module 08 - Electronic air conditioning / heating
2 - Extended Coding (Bytes)
3 - Byte 11
4 - Enable Bit 6
Another way:
1 - Applications
2 - When Enable fan level display
3 - Apply
Another way:
1 - Electronics Module 08- air conditioning / heating
2 - Extended Coding (Text)
3 - Select - Indicator turbine Adj. Automatic
4 - Change value to On

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/764/coding-adaptations#ixzz5HUECmpN7

Last edited:

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I think there is some sort of misunderstanding now ;)

The video I posted is not about displaying the level when set to auto - if memory serves me right that was actually the first mod I did when I got this car :)
...what I was asking about is having the aircon level indicator doing staging, similar to what the speedo, rpm, fuel and temp gauges do when switching the car on.

Reactions: Copra68

Deleted member 103408

Thanks yes I already have those, the difference with the video is that like the spedo and rev counter when you turn the engine on it goes from 0 to full and then back again. I think the second one just shows you the speed when in Auto mode.

Sorry if I am wrong but I have not see the staging of the heater function on my car.

Deleted member 103408

Last edited by a moderator:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Just wondering if any of you clever people have managed to find the code that gets the satnav to talk to the traffic sign recognition system to prevent the ‘traffic sign recognition restricted’ error popping up?

Gives me a minor heart attack every time I drive it when I hear the bong go off!
Has anyone solved this yet? I'm sure I've read somewhere else how to do this, but for the life of me once I got access to VCDS (thanks to @paddy6789) I could no longer find it :(

Deleted member 103408

No not seen a fix, as far as I am aware this is a MIB1 issue, MIB2 does not have the issue.

I personally tried all the settings Road Sign Fusion, Road Side detection and the other one (cant recall the setting name now).
All three settings come up with error, however if you turn of the MIB1 Unit no error (yes i know no help but it's the communication between the two that seems to be causing the issue.

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
No not seen a fix, as far as I am aware this is a MIB1 issue, MIB2 does not have the issue.

I personally tried all the settings Road Sign Fusion, Road Side detection and the other one (cant recall the setting name now).
All three settings come up with error, however if you turn of the MIB1 Unit no error (yes i know no help but it's the communication between the two that seems to be causing the issue.
Bugger :(

Deleted member 103408

Well maybe somebody has found a fix, but i have not seen it if they have, just got used to the warning message.
Still works and you only get the one warning.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
It is annoying because it also throws errors that stay logged.
I cross a tunnel often here and every single time at the exact same spot at that tunnel the error comes up.
...I have MIB2, BTW - and the tunnel is also pretty long (a couple of kms) so that might have something to do with it.

Deleted member 103408

Cant say I have any errors logged just the silly warning message, Sure there is a post out there saying MIB2 was not affected, have you tried changing your settings on the Road sign detection fusion mode: (assuming its the same on pre and post facelift cars)