Didn’t last long...

Zoom

Apr 28, 2018
Cyprus
Nah it was a country road so was doing about 60mph

I see. Peter earlier wrote: "View of the police is that the front radar / collision assist / auto braking stuff or whatever it’s called meant that the impact speed was much lower than it would otherwise have been."

Did the car slow down in your case, or this system doesn't work at all beyond a certain speed?

CaptainScrumpy

Apr 28, 2018
The system uses radar to enable the autonomous braking. So if you veer off a road with grass or something on the side it won't know to brake you. I think it's mainly to stop you driving into the back of another car or into a pedestrian.

Stuattravs

Jun 10, 2018
I see. Peter earlier wrote: "View of the police is that the front radar / collision assist / auto braking stuff or whatever it’s called meant that the impact speed was much lower than it would otherwise have been."

Did the car slow down in your case, or this system doesn't work at all beyond a certain speed?
Nope think it's designed to be more of a low speed system

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

On the Leon it gives you a red car warning if you approach anything solid and if you dont react in time it will apply the brakes for you.

I have had it working at 50 - 60 mph when a silly person decided to jump in front of my car.

Stuattravs

Jun 10, 2018
On the Leon it gives you a red car warning if you approach anything solid and if you dont react in time it will apply the brakes for you.

I have had it working at 50 - 60 mph when a silly person decided to jump in front of my car.
Yeah had that on the golf, used to cut in when cars were turning left and I knew I didn't have to brake but the car disagreed ha

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I reckon you were being a bit hasty letting the car go; according to the MFD you have an "error gearbox" but it reckons "You can drive on".:roflmao:

Reactions: Peter

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Didn’t sell last week, or this week by the looks of it.
https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/34895818
Hasn’t reached reserve, and yet bidding went up to £2,050 as far as I could see.

Given you can buy a 6 month old used one for £14.5k before discount, or a brand new one for £17.5k ish I still can’t see how there’s money in fixing DG18ENH. Assuming it’s done to a good standard that is...

Zoom

Apr 28, 2018
Cyprus
Hasn’t reached reserve...

This is a bit out of topic... but personally I never understood why having a "reserve" price is allowed in actions. If a seller doesn't want to sell an item below a price then that should be the starting price for the auction.