Does anyone actually reply on here anymore?!

myfirstseat

Apr 11, 2015
Perth, Scotland
I joined this forum a couple of years ago when i bought my first Cupra 180, I found it to be very helpful and even met a friend through it. Everyone seemed to chip in and help out.. I always use the search function before posting so I don't think the questions i have are silly ones but 68 views....no replies. Shocking.
Am i posting in the wrong place? Is this no longer the "UK's #1 Seat Community"? as certainly from my recent experience there seems to be a serious lack of community.

Rant over.

Anyways, I'm looking for a new front knuckle for the drivers side (bent it on a kerb in the snow) all the website give the option for front right or front left but i don't now whether that is whilst in the car or looking at the car from the front... all the pics in descriptions appear to show the same sided part regardless of which side it says its for..

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
Have you tried looking on eBay for a car like yours that is getting dismantled?

That’s how I get my parts that should last the life time of the car

PS. Tapatalk has been down for this website for a while so a lot of questions have been going in answered

Reactions: myfirstseat

myfirstseat

Apr 11, 2015
Perth, Scotland
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have looked at cars for breaking but i would prefer a new part (new knuckle is only £65) any idea whether it would be right hand side or left hand side?

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Unfortunately most of forums have got a lot quieter over the past few years due to the way social networking websites such as Facebook and Instagram have taken hold of peoples lives.

It used to be thriving on here but sadly there simply doesn't be the activity anymore, pretty gutted tbh.

Another factor as mentioned above is that many users including myself were struggling to use the forum as Tapatalk was goosed for some time whilst updates took place.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

myfirstseat

Apr 11, 2015
Perth, Scotland
Unfortunately most of forums have got a lot quieter over the past few years due to the way social networking websites such as Facebook and Instagram have taken hold of peoples lives.

It used to be thriving on here but sadly there simply doesn't be the activity anymore, pretty gutted tbh.

Another factor as mentioned above is that many users including myself were struggling to use the forum as Tapatalk was goosed for some time whilst updates took place.

Its just disappointing... i mean the whole idea of the forum is so like minded people can congregate in a place where everyone shares the same excitement and love cars.
You don't happen to know the answer to my question do you? I don't know whether the offside front is considered to be right hand side or left hand side?

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Offside is right hand (looking out from the drivers perspective)
Also remember that UK vehicles are right-hand drive.

Reactions: myfirstseat

Jaz72

Feb 7, 2018
Its just disappointing... i mean the whole idea of the forum is so like minded people can congregate in a place where everyone shares the same excitement and love cars.
You don't happen to know the answer to my question do you? I don't know whether the offside front is considered to be right hand side or left hand side?
I agree I joined this site for help,advice and well just general ideas on my new car I have trolled the site and yes I have gained some knowledge and some great reviews on jobs people have carried out which I’m sure some of them I will be using on my car.
But many people read and there is no follow up.
after reading many of the post on here there is a lot of very knowledgeable people on here it’s a shame they don’t want to pass on there ways and valued tips.
I hope I’m wrong and not have to rush to my local dealer for everything technically minded.(even though mine are very helpful)
As a 46 year old man back in the day as stated above like minded folk congregated mainly on a car parks of the Mac Donald’s talks would erupt on what why and how.
We carnt all be experts in everything so never need help.......

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hi.
There's a few of us left. Sadly there are less and less mk1s about, this also has an effect.
Bet the mk3 forum is busier.

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Hi.
There's a few of us left. Sadly there are less and less mk1s about, this also has an effect.
Bet the mk3 forum is busier.

Too true. I used to see mk1's daily & now they are treat to see on the open road. Still the best though. Mk 2's fugly, Mk3's tidy but bit generic for my liking. The MK1 gets noticed, whether it wants to be or not.
Btw...if anyone has abandoned or had stolen a blue, 20vt MK1 with a white petrol cap? It's been parked in a layby on the A367 between Bath/Radstock for about 2 weeks.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I see at least 5 a day at least. That's not counting the 7 I know of in Peterborough....the R is a nice sight to see...but mainly see the 1.6 or TDI running about

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
I rarely see any Mk1 LCRs around my area (Berkshire) these days. Looks like it could be the same situation at the National meet.;)

Deleted member 103408

@g60stu I am glad you are going to be there, lets hope some of the other guys can make it as well.

I am a sad old boy and like them all (but in different ways) it would be nice however if we could have some more MK1's to show the range better, and also so I can have a nose around a real car rather than just online.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.