MY19 & Easy Order to MY19 & Easy Offer

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I was going to hold off doing this for a little while, as ordering hasn't opened yet and doing so will likely result in far more questions than answers, but as they have already started slowly trickling through does anyone want the MY19 details..?

:-o:wtf:

Attachments

• SEAT MY19 Easy Offer.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 980

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I was going to hold off doing this for a little while, as ordering hasn't opened yet and doing so will likely result in far more questions than answers, but as they have already started slowly trickling through does anyone want the MY19 details..?

Go on then Scrogg you've twisted my arm...

:)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Depending on pricing the FR sport and the xcellence lux trims looks like a great specs for both the Leon and Ateca.

Only recently realized that they'd removed metallic paint as an offer on the Cupra as it was included when I originally ordered last year.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Another one for you Scrogg,
Do you expect to hear anything about the addition of the WLAN for the standard infotainment unit as part of MY19 or did that already happen?

Thanks

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Do you expect to hear anything about the addition of the WLAN for the standard infotainment unit as part of MY19 or did that already happen?
I'd completely forgotten about that...

There has literally been no mention of it since late last year. I wonder if it has quietly been swept under the carpet after the recent wireless charging hub/signal booster debacle? :think:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I'd completely forgotten about that...

There has literally been no mention of it since late last year. I wonder if it has quietly been swept under the carpet after the recent wireless charging hub/signal booster debacle? :think:

Ah ok, sounds like the whole Alexa piece is off as well then for now.

After the MY18 changes on the CUPRA I think I was getting greedy hoping for WLAN,Alexa and Beats Audio.

I guess they've got to save something for the MK4

Didn't realize there were concerns over the wireless charging hub, but I didn't see the need with the current version of carplay and Android auto needing cables.

Thanks mate

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Ah ok, sounds like the whole Alexa piece is off as well then for now.
Maybe. There's a web chat with the product team at SEAT UK on Friday so I'll ask the question...
After the MY18 changes on the CUPRA I think I was getting greedy hoping for WLAN,Alexa and Beats Audio.
...along with which lunatic decided to do away with Beats Audio/SEAT Sound on every model except Mii and Arona SE Technology Lux :wtf:

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018

Is there anything now in the Cupra Lux spec, that would have been standard for a Cupra before this document was released? For instance, I thought I was going to get KESSY as standard? Thanks for the info either way.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Is there anything now in the Cupra Lux spec, that would have been standard for a Cupra before this document was released?
No. It really is as simple as the pdf shows.

MY18 and MY19 CUPRA specifcation is identical other than no extra charge for metallic paint colours.
For instance, I thought I was going to get KESSY as standard?
KESSY was never standard on CUPRA.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Maybe. There's a web chat with the product team at SEAT UK on Friday so I'll ask the question...

Appreciated.

...along with which lunatic decided to do away with Beats Audio/SEAT Sound on every model except Mii and Arona SE Technology Lux :wtf:

That's a very good point... I thought the smaller 6 speaker Beats Audio system launched with the new Ibiza and isn't included in any package.

I think it's shame that an upgraded sound system isn't included with the high end models.

rageuk

Jun 30, 2007
West Yorkshire

Hi Scrogg,

Probably a daft question but if I ordered on 9th may which I believe was CW19 I’ve still had no confirmed build week from the dealer. I’ve ordered a 1.4 eco tsi 150 with metallic paint and convenience pack, alongside digital dash and the cheaper performance alloys. I guess my question is with the MY19 changes that now include things I’ve paid for as options where would I stand? Not to mention the change of engine now.

Any advise would me much appreciated

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Probably a daft question...
Not a daft question at all. It's one we will be asked a lot.

MY19 ordering does not open until July (or later for some engines/options). All MY18 orders placed up until then will be price-protected at the price in effect at point of order, and SEAT have stated that, other than unconfirmed CUPRA 300 (and a tiny number of discontinued engine) orders, customers will receive at least the specification they ordered (which to me suggests some might get more).

If customers choose to cancel their MY18 order and place a new order for a MY19 they will lose their price protection, and the clock will reset on the lead time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Not a daft question at all. It's one we will be asked a lot.

MY19 ordering does not open until July. All MY18 orders placed up until then will be price-protected at the price in effect at point of order, and SEAT have stated that, other than unconfirmed CUPRA 300 (and a tiny number of discontinued engine) orders, customers will receive at least the specification they ordered (which to me suggests some might get more).

If customers choose to cancel their MY18 order and place a new order for a MY19 they will lose their price protection, and the clock will reset on the lead time.

I asked this question a while back.
Thanks for your feedback on this

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
other than unconfirmed CUPRA 300 (and a tiny number of discontinued engine) orders, customers will receive at least the specification they ordered (which to me suggests some might get more

Evening Scrogg,

Just to highlight a point on this with regards to unconfirmed CUPRA 300 orders.

Other than the engine map which has been well documented on here would you expect customers to receive the specification they ordered? Are there any questions around options that were selected?

Some customers are worried that certain options may have been removed from availability for the CUPRA such as SEAT Sound.

Not asking for you to commit to anything at this stage but your insights are very welcome.

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Interesting, if not very surprising is the deletion of the 1.2/1.4 litre TSI engines from the
Leon range.

More surprising is the confirmation that the Toledo will continue to live a while longer, but
then again Skoda would have a say in that, given that they build them for SEAT.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members