9656-P202B - Reductant Tank Heater Control Circuit Low

lucy_t

Jul 23, 2005
9656-P202B - Reductant Tank Heater Control Circuit Low. There are faults I can find on the internet where the heater circuit has failed P202A and then the adblue tank needs replacing at £1K+ costs. Going to France at half term, its not stopping the car, so should I get the dealer to rip me off and fix it out of warranty or wait till I come back and see what I can get fixed with a local garage?

Any ideas on what could be the fix? I reset the code and it came back so it is a warning with yellow engine warning light on the dash

rodneytrotter

Dec 2, 2014
9656-P202B - Reductant Tank Heater Control Circuit Low. There are faults I can find on the internet where the heater circuit has failed P202A and then the adblue tank needs replacing at £1K+ costs. Going to France at half term, its not stopping the car, so should I get the dealer to rip me off and fix it out of warranty or wait till I come back and see what I can get fixed with a local garage?

Any ideas on what could be the fix? I reset the code and it came back so it is a warning with yellow engine warning light on the dash

Hi Lucy_t - did you get this sorted and what was the outcome?

I've got a similar error on mine.

Thanks

simux

Aug 23, 2016
I am experiancing the same fault with same code interestingly during my trip to France too. Is this just an unlucky co-incidence? Any advice on resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Simon

rodneytrotter

Dec 2, 2014
Hi Simux

My car's never been to France as far as I'm aware so hopefully it's just a coincidence. I've done nothing with my car since the fault arose three months ago, the car is driving nicely and the issue doesn't seem to have any impact at all.

I rang the service department at my local dealer to ask them about it but they were busy and said they'd ring back ... and didn't (I didn't say why I was ringing).

When I got the car serviced/MOT'd recently, me and the mechanic did a bit of Googling etc on it. There is a specific "repair kit" for this fault, and his trade price on it was around £150+VAT but when he spoke to the supplier the kit was on back order with no current ETA.

Looking on Google there's people talking about the same issue on other similar engines - I believe the repair involves removing the rear bumper to get to the relevant gubbins to replace the heater.

I'm not a mechanic, I'm just a moron, and I've never seen your car or whatever but if I were you and that was the only fault I'd just ignore it and carry on until you're back in the UK when you can get it repaired.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
What did you do in the end?
Mine is now coming up with this error code.
Thanks.

rodneytrotter

Dec 2, 2014
What did you do in the end?
Mine is now coming up with this error code.
Thanks.

I ignored it for a couple of years...

But recently I bought an adblue heater repair kit and my mate who is a mechanic fitted it for me. You take off the rear bumper, then disconnect and remove the adblue tank. Then replace the heater/seals and then shove it all back in again. I've done 1k miles since and no problems.

There's a video of how to do it here:
- we used it for reference but my mate said it was a very easy job that any competent mechanic would be able to do.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Thanks.
I need to get this done as the MOT is due!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.