Overboost :(

Neilzomg

Sep 28, 2017
Cars been overboosting for about a month. Had it remapped and today had the remap removed but still went into overboost in 5th gear about 60mph. Only ever happens around this speed.

Had the turbo pressure tested said everything is moving as it should be but still getting an overboost.

So remap ruled out and actuator etc is moving freely and fine

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
What engine is it???

Worth checking the turbo actuator and possibly the N75 valve first, and of course the vac pipes.

maciek.snow

Mar 21, 2016
Poland, Krakow
Please do the logging. If its having a hard time to reach the specified boost, and is going into limb mode, then i would say sticky vanes, but lets see what the logs say first

Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Neilzomg

Sep 28, 2017
just taking the dive and getting the turbo replaced, hopefully in the next week or so replacement is on its way. Car drives fine aslong as i keep it to 60mph so no overtaking until it gets replaced. If there's anything wrong with the turbo itself at least this will rule it out and i have no idea how old the current turbo is, whistling and siren noises have gotten worse also starting to make a high pitch noise around 3-3.5k revs. Just going to drive it easy until i get it sorted

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Sounds like sticky veins if there's no fault codes

Other suspects could be faulty maf or map but typically those would give you codes

Mobbs69

Jun 28, 2016
Northamptonshire
Sounds like sticky veins if there's no fault codes

Other suspects could be faulty maf or map but typically those would give you codes
Sticky veins how would I check that I'm no mechanic mate and maf I've no idea what that is so I'll have to take it to a garage but thanks for the help mate

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Sticky veins how would I check that I'm no mechanic mate and maf I've no idea what that is so I'll have to take it to a garage but thanks for the help mate
Mate you should have some sort of warranty on the new turbo take it to the garage that fitted it they should sort it out for you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk