What Diagnostic tool are people using?

Rob Kelly

May 24, 2018
I'm looking to buy an OBD2 reader for my 2010 Leon. Can anyone recommend a good one? I can use a laptop and adapter if its better.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Evening,

I currently have this

https://obdeleven.com/en/content/7-app-and-features

If you buy the pro app (android only) and their dingle I think its comes in at around £60 it will do pretty much everything you'll need.

If you want everything you'll need a laptop and VCDS by Ross tech but it's well over double the price.

Hope that helps.

Rob Kelly

May 24, 2018
Cheers,] for the quick response, that's not a bad price at all. Is it manufacturer specific? or can it be used on a variety of cars?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Cheers,] for the quick response, that's not a bad price at all. Is it manufacturer specific? or can it be used on a variety of cars?
It should work with any Audi, VW, SEAT, Skoda from 1991 to 2018 I think, basically anything from the VAG group.

Have a read of their website and double check everything as I got mine a whole ago.

Hope that helps

Reactions: Rob Kelly

iNeoTom

Mar 21, 2017
vcds 17.1.3 (clone) and bluetooth ELM327 constantly plugged in to check on the go :)

Rob Kelly

May 24, 2018
Thanks for all your replies. I bought the OBDeleven and it works fine, except the car had no error codes.
Can i get live data with it as i'm thinking it could be a pressure sensor on the common rail, low pressure pump is fine, relays all replaced and air bled from system but car cuts out when foot off throttle and slowing down.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Deleted member 103408

Yes you can get live data, when you select your control unit there are a number of options
Select the Live data one and you will get a long list of things it will bring you live data for.

example below that highlights long coding

Rob Kelly

May 24, 2018
Ah ok, mines saying i need the pro version. Just checking their website and they say there should be an activation code in the box. I'll check this when i get home. Cheers.

Deleted member 103408

If you bought the pro version and there is not code then just use the online help function and tell them and they will sort it out for you.

It speeds things up if you can confirm when you paid and any references you have with that payment.

Deleted member 103408

oh and as you are just starting out make sure that each day you watch the stupid adverts so that you can get 6 credits a day to use on some of the apps that you might like on your car.

Deleted member 103408

dont tell anybody but you dont have to watch them, just let them run :) you also get one credit a day just for logging on to the app. Once you get used to it you wont use them (I have over 2000 credits which i only ever use for testing) but it is nice to get stuff done to the car without having to work out what to do.
Enjoy

tom t

Feb 12, 2011
Argh ha just the thread I needed!!
Has anyone had any experience of the obdeleven with a mk1? Namely the cupra r?
Thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.