Low Battery Warning - Mobile Phone

• Thread starter Deleted member 103408
  • Start date

Deleted member 103408

Just had a guy on the OBD11 Forum asking

I'm driving (2015 Leon FR) with smartphone connected via Bluetooth- when phone battery goes under 40% warning appear on radio screen - is it possible to change it (turn off or change values)?

I have not seen this on my 2014 car, anybody seen it and or know how to turn it off / change it.

I did have a look through the user manual but could not see anything, car is based in Poland not sure if they have a different setup to UK Cars for this.

Any help will be appreciated.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Might sound stupid, but does he / she have the low battery warning actually set on their phone to 40%?

That notifications 100% triggered by the phone not snything it's connected too

Deleted member 103408

i asked and they said nothing shows on phone and they tried different phone with same result.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Strange one

I noticed the warning display on the MFD this evening. The red outline of the battery icon.

My phone was on approx 15% though and that is set to trigger battery saver mode.

but as already stated sounds like a phone thing as that is just sending data to the unit over Bluetooth.

I'll see if I can change when the notification appears tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Does it show in the car if he starts using his phone when it's already below 40% or just when it hits the 40% mark?

Sounds weird that it happens on a different phone, I assume as this is from the odb11 forum that this person has an android device. Do you know if the 2nd phone was also android?

Deleted member 103408

Thanks guys, yes both phones are android and it is not just a red outline (as mentioned above) but actually a screen message

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Wired how it's a proper seat headunit notification, I had no idea it could even do that.

Has he tried resetting the until back to default settings and re - pairing his phone ?

It is just his phone it happens on?

Pimbers

Dec 18, 2017
Sufflk
I do get this on my 2014 Leon, but always seems to be when the phone gets to below around 25%. Battery saver on my phone (android) isn't set to come on until 20% so sounds phone related to me. I also get a different warning to that which comes across the whole top of the screen and won't go until I wave my hand in front of the bottom sensor.

Deleted member 103408

Well each day we learn something new about the cars. I did have a check through the coding and could not see anything obvious. More investigation needed, thanks for the feeback.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Thanks guys, yes both phones are android and it is not just a red outline (as mentioned above) but actually a screen message

Ah ok cheers for clarifying.

After seeing the screenshot I immediately realized that they're probably running a different firmware version anyway as the equivalent screen in my car looks very different, even without the message.

Could a firmware version have something to do with it?

Unless it is a mod, as you did say it has come from an obd11 forum.
ca4ff2fe2623d48185827410cdd7463f.jpg

Deleted member 103408

No the guy is trying to see if he can turn it off using OBD11, But as I had not seen it before and cant see anything obvious to fix it.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I do get this on my 2014 Leon, but always seems to be when the phone gets to below around 25%. Battery saver on my phone (android) isn't set to come on until 20% so sounds phone related to me. I also get a different warning to that which comes across the whole top of the screen and won't go until I wave my hand in front of the bottom sensor.
Ah okay, which firmware do you have on your unit?

Deleted member 103408

Sorry don't have mine with me at the moment so cant check.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.