MY19 & Easy Order to MY19 & Easy Offer

seaotter388

Jun 9, 2018
I've been driving my 1.5 TSI since March and not had a problem.

Glad to hear you've not had any problems.

Probably drivers with poor clutch control or not using sufficient gas, I've been driving my 1.5 TSI since March and not had a problem.

I thought the same thing at first, but I started to worry when more people commented about experiencing the same issue, on 3 different forums about different cars but all have the 1.5 and some of those have been driving many years and not had an issue in previous cars.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
I thought the same thing at first, but I started to worry when more people commented about experiencing the same issue, on 3 different forums about different cars but all have the 1.5 and some of those have been driving many years and not had an issue in previous cars.

It’s not the easiest engine to handle at slow speed. It’s quite easy to stall, and needs good clutch control.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Colour changes have been announced for MY19

Mii
Blueberry removed from ordering

Ibiza
Desire Red, Eclipse Orange and Mystery Blue added to XCELLENCE Lux (but, bizarrely, not XCELLENCE)

Leon
Monsoon Grey replaced with Magnetic Grey (not available on SE or SE Dynamic)

Arona
Monsoon Grey replaced with Magnetic Grey

Ateca
SE L trim will be available in the same colours as FR: Black Magic, Energy Blue, Nevada White, Rodium Grey, Samoa Orange and Velvet Red

Samsonite

Jun 25, 2018
Scrogg I noticed in the pdf for the ateca the double boot floor is no longer an option, I would assume that it's just going to come standard across the board for all trims?

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
I noticed in the pdf for the ateca the double boot floor is no longer an option, I would assume that it's just going to come standard across the board for all trims?
It would be a fair assumption (after all, it's standard on Leon ST and Arona) but as it isn't listed in the 'New EASY Standard Spec' green boxes I wouldn't count on it...

...I'll find out on Monday.

Samsonite

Jun 25, 2018
It would be a fair assumption (after all, it's standard on Leon ST and Arona) but as it isn't listed in the 'New EASY Standard Spec' green boxes I wouldn't count on it...

...I'll find out on Monday.
Thanks scrogg I had added it to the spec and paid but if it does come as standard I wondered whether they would refund the difference. Although the counter dealer argument I suppose would be price of my19 went up over all. Guess can't have it both ways. Not an overly expansive option anyway so perhaps not that important.

sop

Mar 3, 2017
I was looking at post nr 65. I understand bad? Maybe is my english.
Do you know with 1.5 petrol in 2×4 version will be dsg dq200 and in 4×4 version will be dq250 like it was on older versions of ateca?

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Colour changes have been announced for MY19

Mii
Blueberry removed from ordering

Ibiza
Desire Red, Eclipse Orange and Mystery Blue added to XCELLENCE Lux (but, bizarrely, not XCELLENCE)

Leon
Monsoon Grey replaced with Magnetic Grey (not available on SE or SE Dynamic)

Arona
Monsoon Grey replaced with Magnetic Grey

Ateca
SE L trim will be available in the same colours as FR: Black Magic, Energy Blue, Nevada White, Rodium Grey, Samoa Orange and Velvet Red
I've placed an order with Nationwide Vehicle Contracts on 17/06/2018 (just a £170 processing fee) for a Cupra ST 4Drive DSG in Monsoon Grey. All I know so far from them is an anticipated car at dealer date of 28/01/2019 which was known before I paid the initial fee. Will the colour change to Magnetic Grey or will it stay as Monsoon? Is there anywhere I can see the new colour? Thanks in advance for your continuing updates Scrogg.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Will the colour change to Magnetic Grey or will it stay as Monsoon?
It will change to Magnetic Grey

Is there anywhere I can see the new colour?
Not yet (unless you can find out if any Audi/Skoda/VW models use it) but samples will no doubt be sent out to retailers soon.

SEAT have described the colour as 'virtually identical' though, so probably nothing to worry about...

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
It will change to Magnetic Grey

Not yet (unless you can find out if any Audi/Skoda/VW models use it) but samples will no doubt be sent out to retailers soon.

SEAT have described the colour as 'virtually identical' though, so probably nothing to worry about...
The car will sit outside my house, the house I share with my Wife, the Wife who needs to approve the colour of any object in or around the house. A small worry!:blink:

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Just read this and seen the colour will now change (by name only hopefully) on my cupra order aswell haha it just keeps getting more laughable.

seaotter388

Jun 9, 2018
It’s not the easiest engine to handle at slow speed. It’s quite easy to stall, and needs good clutch control.

I think I will have to try and see if I can test drive one, it will have to be a different model though because orders for 1.5 Ateca don't open until mid September so won't be any of those around for quite a while yet.

seaotter388

Jun 9, 2018
I ordered a 1.4 manual Ateca a couple of months ago (MY18), my order has quite a few extras added that have now been removed for MY19. I have read on here that MY18 orders will be built as ordered and optional extras or removed equipment added manually but I am now wondering if I would be able to change my order to a DSG, and if doing so would it interfere with the extra options I ordered. I wouldn't want to go ahead and change my order to a DSG and then have to lose all the optional extras I added when I made my order two months ago.

Last edited:

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...I am now wondering if I would be able to change my order to a DSG, and if doing so would it interfere with the extra options I ordered. I wouldn't want to go ahead and change my order to a DSG and then have to lose all the optional extras I added when I made my order two months ago.
Ordering has now closed on all options that are not part of the MY19 offering, so you will not be able to amend your order.

seaotter388

Jun 9, 2018
Ordering has now closed on all options that are not part of the MY19 offering, so you will not be able to amend your order.

Oh OK. Thank you for replying to my postScrogg.

So if I did decide that I want to go for a DSG instead, then my only option would be to cancel then start from scratch and re-order as MY19.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.