Cupra 300 ST stolen this morning

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Sorry to hear about this fella. As others have suggested up the security and lights. We had some arseholes round by me and they took a neighbour's car since then I've fitted lights that are all connected around the out side of the house so regardless of which sensor is triggered the light the place up like a football pitch. Some might say ott but it's my house and car I work hard for. On the flip side of that I always leave my keys on a little side table by the door. So of someone breaks in, I haven't in my half asleep half naked state going to have a scuffle with someone who's hyped and ready. Not worth risking my families safety for a car. Also regarding locks we don't have a handle on the front door just en enclosed abit bump snap key hole which has a sliding facias so you can physically get anything on it to attempt to break it. In theory anyway. Also fencing around the house nails and anti climbing paint(doesn't dry) I think it's called something else. I know I'm liable if someone climbs the fence they can sue me but that's a risk I'm again willing to take to keep my property and family safe. Not to sound a **** head I hope you don't get the car back as you won't feel the same about it knowing some arsehole has ragged and miss treated. I know i would be put off it from that point on. All the best and hope the family arnt too spooked by it all.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: xyz

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
The vast majority of cars being stolen these days are keyless exploits (relay or they just have some special equipment - Ford...) or they are breaking into houses to take the keys. Of the ones that break into houses, nearly all of them are snapped locks. Investing in anti-snap locks and/or security handles would probably make you much less of a target. A steering lock (however quickly they could remove it) might just be enough for them to move on as well. Thinking about it logically... if someone has a steering lock, they are probably quite security conscious and more likely to have other barriers.

I speak from some experience as they've tried to break into my house twice, disturbed both times, but also managed to snap locks and gain partial entry. Just make yourself less attractive! (to thieves that is)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I guess this could all go the other way and a thief sees all the kit protecting your house must think this guys got stuff worth stealing... You then lose the standard thief and get the more qualified one thinking there's a big score...

Or is that my brain trying over thinking haha I think if someone wants in they will get in.

Hope everything sorts itself out in a quick fashion.

Even after writing the above I still want more security lol

Reactions: Glarh

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
I guess this could all go the other way and a thief sees all the kit protecting your house must think this guys got stuff worth stealing... You then lose the standard thief and get the more qualified one thinking there's a big score...

Or is that my brain trying over thinking haha I think if someone wants in they will get in.

Hope everything sorts itself out in a quick fashion.

Even after writing the above I still want more security lol
You've got a point tbh. That's how I think sometimes. Can't win

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bigivo1

May 21, 2016
They thing with these steering locks... Wouldn't you have the key to it on the your main bunch of keys?

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
They thing with these steering locks... Wouldn't you have the key to it on the your main bunch of keys?

Not necessarily - stick them on your house keys instead. As my keys sit beside my bed, it’s not a problem for me. There is some footage somewhere of some scumbags snooping around an RS6 - until they see the Disklok - then they disappear. Thieves want to be in and out without hassle because they’re cowards - that’s why they’re thieves!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: '& Son' managed

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
Never heard of a blow torch to a lock in order to snap it. Usually they have a wrench and yank off the surround exposing a small part of the lock then use the same wrench to snap the lock and hey presto the handle then opens he door. In within seconds.
I have the avocet locks on all doors got them off amazon and fitted myself they are simple to do just make sure you get the correct measurements for your door.
I am considering cctv, the arlo pro 2 system seems good but quite expensive if you want a few cameras.
And whatever you do don’t get keyless enty start stop on any car you order. And if it comes as standard see if there is an option not to have it!!!

Cheeseater

Dec 17, 2017
Never heard of a blow torch to a lock in order to snap it. Usually they have a wrench and yank off the surround exposing a small part of the lock then use the same wrench to snap the lock and hey presto the handle then opens he door. In within seconds.
I have the avocet locks on all doors got them off amazon and fitted myself they are simple to do just make sure you get the correct measurements for your door.
I am considering cctv, the arlo pro 2 system seems good but quite expensive if you want a few cameras.
And whatever you do don’t get keyless enty start stop on any car you order. And if it comes as standard see if there is an option not to have it!!!

Thanks for all the replies, been a little busy with no sleep, six coppers and the locksmith being here for hours,

It turns out the neighbours CCTV spied them, four scumbags that were in or around our house for about eight minutes. The CSI as they call them selves think that they torched the lock because they were having trouble getting in, probably snapped the lock but couldn’t quite get to the mechanism so had to burn it to gain leverage.

I kinda agree about the keyless entry however the usual things crimes can do, such as replicators, can be easily defeated with the very simplest of technology such as a simple fariday cage. They then have to break in and steal the keys, so make it as hard as you can for the ******************************.

Anyway, all locks changed apart from the garage which they couldn’t do for some stupid reason, and a new front door because of the burning to be organised on Monday.

G

Cheeseater

Dec 17, 2017
Thanks for all the replies, been a little busy with no sleep, six coppers and the locksmith being here for hours,

It turns out the neighbours CCTV spied them, four scumbags that were in or around our house for about eight minutes. The CSI as they call them selves think that they torched the lock because they were having trouble getting in, probably snapped the lock but couldn’t quite get to the mechanism so had to burn it to gain leverage.

I kinda agree about the keyless entry however the usual things crimes can do, such as replicators, can be easily defeated with the very simplest of technology such as a simple fariday cage. They then have to break in and steal the keys, so make it as hard as you can for the ******************************.

Anyway, all locks changed apart from the garage which they couldn’t do for some stupid reason, and a new front door because of the burning to be organised on Monday.

G
Sorry spelling auto correct going bonkers, probably as tired as I am,

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Sorry to here that mate.. Sends shivers down my spine thinking one day it could be me.

Just a thought, why not leave an identical set of fake keys/fob downstairs and take real ones upstairs.... Buy some used seat OEM keys from ebay. They'll be signs of WEAR on them and since there oem keys they'll be weighted the same so feel genuine. But won't do anything as they aren't coded correctly.

Buy the time they've finished wasting getting into house, grabbing the keys only to find they dont do sh#t, maybe they'll call it a day a go. I mean by that time my dogs are barking, I'm up, security lights are on and I'm calling the rozzers......

Even better still leave about 5 sets of fake keys/fobs scattered around .... It'll be like the crystal maze..which one do we take.. lol

Last edited:

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
Terrible to hear as I get my 300ST in a couple of weeks so it's got me thinking!

Unfortunately my neighbour and his wife were held hostage in their bedroom while two eastern european fellas demanded to know where the keys were to his RS3. He told them but in all the commotion they ended up panicking and couldn't work out how to start it, idiots! He now drives a 1.6 TDI A4

Reactions: N8KOW

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
This is why I'm glad we have a garage to lock my toy up in, and live in quiet part of town/country, don't hear much about car theft here, it must happen but maybe not newsworthy, hope they catch the cnuts but if they do the punishment will be laughable in this PC world of human rights, missing their right hand might make the thieving bastards reconsider repeating but we're not allowed to go down that road.

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
Sorry to here that mate.. Sends shivers down my spine thinking one day it could be me.

Just a thought, why not leave an identical set of fake keys/fob downstairs and take real ones upstairs.... Buy some used seat OEM keys from ebay. They'll be signs of WEAR on them and since there oem keys they'll be weighted the same so feel genuine. But won't do anything as they aren't coded correctly.

Buy the time they've finished wasting getting into house, grabbing the keys only to find they dont do sh#t, maybe they'll call it a day a go. I mean by that time my dogs are barking, I'm up, security lights are on and I'm calling the rozzers......

Even better still leave about 5 sets of fake keys/fobs scattered around .... It'll be like the crystal maze..which one do we take.. lol
That's a good idea with the dud keys. It might also be worth keeping a spray bottle full of acid or a bottle of bleach near by so if they do confront you, you don't need to try to fight, use the scumbags weapon of choice against them.
Imagine the story, I was cleaning my loo at 3am officer and heard someone come into the house....I used reasonable force.

Reactions: Blowski

ukriggers

Desire Cupra ST 4Drive
Jun 19, 2017
Stockport, UK
As mentioned in earlier post, get a Ghost fitted to your cars. Let them take the keys... they won't take the car.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: xyz

Looie

Apr 26, 2016
Harlow, Essex
Shocking to read this - when I was driving Scooby's it was always a worry that something similar would happen, but then they all had Trackers fitted, which so far, no-one seems to have mentioned.

Might be an idea to consider one on the 300's as they are obviously desirable and a target and once activated the rozzers do have 'some' chance of catching the urchins in the car...... only a suggestion that might help some........

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Really sorry to hear this :( these things really make me mad because we all work hard for nice things in life, and my car is my pride and joy. So for these pathetic scrotes to just take something they couldn’t ever afford in life, they deserve some form of Karma (ten fold at least).

I’m looking at getting the Autowatch Ghost fitted to mine. It’s an immobiliser - so unless they have my phone (and thumb print) or they guess the button combination to press when turning the ignition on, the car isn’t moving anywhere and will just display ‘gearbox malfunction’ on the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ukriggers