what have you done to your car today ?

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Replaced crap aftermarket re-circ valve , this was a £30 unit from ebay - You can draw your own conclusion's

IMG_20180717_205408.jpg

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Split an OEM re-circ valve ("P" variant) in half , sprayed a bit of oil over the place , bought a boost gauge and went into panic mode over the cost of turbo repair/replacement

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Found a guy to do my mot but will have to put down on advisory it's stripped out. Anyone know a guy close to Peterborough? Don't matter if not as it's not going to bother me but when police run it through it will flag up? Not sure on this tbh. Going in Friday.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

That seems odd as I am guessing its not something you are going to fix and can't see why that would in any way be considered a possible future MOT Failure. The only down side is that all the advisory's are stored on line for everybody to see but again if I am buying a stripped out car from you I would hope I could see it was stripped out :)

Reactions: Andrewwright

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Gave it a good wash after a full on weekend of Highlands driving , then sat back to admire the shine when Mother Nature thought “that looks too clean to be left alone” and it started pi**ing down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
That seems odd as I am guessing its not something you are going to fix and can't see why that would in any way be considered a possible future MOT Failure. The only down side is that all the advisory's are stored on line for everybody to see but again if I am buying a stripped out car from you I would hope I could see it was stripped out :)
Every now and then it's for sale but I'd never sell it when it comes to it, I like it to much. Only two things wrong with it...stripped out and it drinks to much fuel. Nothing is odd about this imo because I don't want everyone to see it's stripped out, especially police. My car looks normal, like a 1.6 Leon.

Deleted member 103408

Well when you come to sell / but then not sell it next time the buyers will allready know its been stripped out, but thats no big deal to me personally and I dont see why it needs to be on the MOT, It not something that will in the future case an MOT failure (unless they change the law.
The advisory note is at the discretion of the MOT Tester have you seen if he will not put it on there and explain it just gets you more old bill attention, not like he is passing a de cat for road use or anything.

Fuel we all have to feed that habit.

Reactions: Andrewwright

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Well when you come to sell / but then not sell it next time the buyers will allready know its been stripped out, but thats no big deal to me personally and I dont see why it needs to be on the MOT, It not something that will in the future case an MOT failure (unless they change the law.
The advisory note is at the discretion of the MOT Tester have you seen if he will not put it on there and explain it just gets you more old bill attention, not like he is passing a de cat for road use or anything.

Fuel we all have to feed that habit.
Think I'm gonna have to buy him MC Donald's breakfast and see if he will not add it. don't care about anything apart from the police, APN hassle. Been stopped twice and they didn't care but neither where traffic copper's.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.