Ateca 18 to 19

WarthogMKL

Jul 1, 2018
I ordered a 1.4 Fr back in April and today have been informed that I am getting the 1.5 in the new 19 production batch. My dealer said I will get all the options I had ordered plus the extras being added to a 19 production car.
But no one at the dealers could tell me what the changes are between an 18 or 19 on an FR manual was.
Though one person thought maybe the wheels were changing style?
Does anyone know?

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Full details of the MY19 changes have been on here since 20th June:

MY19 & Easy Offer

(The fact that your dealership has had this information for over a month yet is not able to tell you what the changes are is worrying!)

To reiterate what has already been posted and confirmed many, many times already, customers that have unconfirmed orders for MY18 cars will have their orders manually amended to MY19 by SEAT, and will get exactly what they originally ordered. Any options no longer available on MY19 will still be fitted.

In your case you will indeed be getting the 1.5 TSI EVO 150 engine, but the only difference between MY18 FR and MY19 FR is that the Convenience Pack is now standard. As your order is price-protected at MY18 price you will not be getting the Convenience Pack unless it is already specified on your order.

As far as the style of wheels is concerned, it is highly unlikely at this stage that there will be any changes from MY18, otherwise SEAT would have released images.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell

WarthogMKL

Jul 1, 2018
I already had the Convenience pack as I needed it to get the heated windshield so looks like all cool just wish I had a build week as my company car goes back on 1st Oct.
Thanks Scrogg

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...just wish I had a build week as my company car goes back on 1st Oct.
I would prepare yourself for being without a car for a little while...

I'll have to check when I'm back at my desk, but from memory I think production of the 1.5 TSI EVO commences in cw36, which means mid-to-late October delivery.

WarthogMKL

Jul 1, 2018
I would prepare yourself for being without a car for a little while...

I'll have to check when I'm back at my desk, but from memory I think production of the 1.5 TSI EVO commences in cw36, which means mid-to-late October delivery.
If you could that would be great as gives me an idea, getting info from dealer = Blood out of stone

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
1.5 TSI EVO 150 production does indeed commence in cw36, but technical data will not be released until cw40 so vehicles built up to this point will be held at the factory. As such, earliest customer deliveries will be from cw43 (week-commencing 22nd October).

WarthogMKL

Jul 1, 2018
1.5 TSI EVO 150 production does indeed commence in cw36, but technical data will not be released until cw40 so vehicles built up to this point will be held at the factory. As such, earliest customer deliveries will be from cw43 (week-commencing 22nd October).
Thanks a lot for the info more than my dealer managed LOL

Erunamo

Jul 19, 2018
I don't understand this. Are the vehicles built up to cw40/43 different from the ones made between cw36 - cw40? If they don't have the final specifications yet, they could differ, couldn't they?