Front Wiper Motors

CrispyD

Jul 30, 2018
Hi all,
I'm getting a bit confused as to which part numbers I require for my 2005 Altea wiper motors.
The passenger side arm just moves a touch, the driver side is OK ish.
I've tried a battery disconnect reset.
Haven't had a chance to hook up VCDS yet for fault codes.
But I have limited time and access to car so want to get a spare used motor for each side in adavnce, in case they are needed.
I'm getting 3 part numbers coming up:
5P0955119B
5P0955119A
and
5P0955120A

Which are the correct ones?
Thanks in advance.

grrf

Jul 8, 2018
are the wiper arm spindles seized ?, that's what happened to mine, I removed the wipers and the circlip from the spindles cleaned the corrosion ,and regreased,all fine now.

CrispyD

Jul 30, 2018
Thanks for reply.
Its my ex's car, she did take it to local garage and they fixed for 2 weeks then it started again. I'm not sure what they did, except not put the scuttle back on correctly :( They quoated her £550 for new motors and fitting/coding.
I'm not sure if ts the spindles. For the sake of £50 used parts. I don't want to strip it all down to find the motor(s) are knackered and have to do it all over again.
If I don't need the motors, they can go back on ebay.

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
You'll most likely have to check with the vehicle ident number (like VSSZZZ5PZ5Rxxxxxx), as the partnumber 5P0 955 119A was fitted only until 5P-5-079694 (~ 02/2005 production date), after that it changed to 5P0 955 119B, while 5P0 955 120A was constantly used until facelift model.

CrispyD

Jul 30, 2018
klawit, a mine of information as usual. Car was made 08/2005 so likely to be 119B. I wonder what the difference is?

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
Check also the wiring to the units - one is master and one is slave so make sure all the power and signals are getting to the right places before changing motors.

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Car was made 08/2005 so likely to be 119B. I wonder what the difference is?
Thanx mate :redface:
So it's already a MY2006, as model years switch over around middle of the year.:idea:
(my former ALTEA was produced middle of June '05 and I was pleased to be amongst the first deliverys of MY2006)
Can't tell the difference ... might be compatibility with next gen of control units or some such, but that's just a guess:headhurt:

CrispyD

Jul 30, 2018
Thanx mate :redface:
So it's already a MY2006, as model years switch over around middle of the year.:idea:
(my former ALTEA was produced middle of June '05 and I was pleased to be amongst the first deliverys of MY2006)
Can't tell the difference ... might be compatibility with next gen of control units or some such, but that's just a guess:headhurt:
Number is 093578 so it would appear to be the B part. Thanks

CrispyD

Jul 30, 2018
Established its the linkage on passenger side that has completely siezed. NONE available on ebay although there areat least 2 dozen drivers side. I found one for a Touran similar part number. Is there a cross reference database anywhere to see which VAG parts are interchangable?

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Hi CrispyD,
I doubt that any other than the ALTEA/TOLEDO-5P parts will match 100% on your model because ...
checking for VW (e.g. GOLF/TOURAN) with similar partnos (model adjusted), they differentiate between LHD and RHD, which results in different suffices ...
while 5P series only mentions the same wiper settings/partnos no matter where the driver is sitting ;o) , hence there must be some variance in those wiper spares. In my opinion, the Golf Plus my06 is out as well, as it comes with a complete wiper mounting with motor.

CrispyD

Jul 30, 2018
Hi Klawit. The driver side motor is mirror positioned to the passenger left, so presumably the linkage is also handed and not interchangable left to right.
Can't understand why all the ebay items are driver side only?

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
I didn't mean that you can swap motors left to right, but that the whole wiper setup in 5P is same, no matter if left or right hand drive.
Your UK Altea holds the same wiper parts in place as my former German model did, i.e. no mirroring.
Currently there are few offers for each of them motors (119B -left & 120A -right) on ebay-uk

btw ... see "conversations"

Last edited:

CrispyD

Jul 30, 2018
Had a very extensive search on ebay, there is not a single left hand wiper linkage to be had (there 2 but both have the knurled end for the wiper blade sheared off...).
There are dozens of right side (offside) linkages.
Is the left side linkage a common seize failure issue. Or as mine and the ebay ones also the knurled bolt having sheared?
Anyone know of an online parts store or email address to get a new part? Wasn't there a chap in NI who used to source parts?
Thanks in advance.

CrispyD

Jul 30, 2018
Thanks klawit, not a great photo, but it looks like the wiper bolt with thread has sheared off though, so no good to me. :(

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Sorry, my technical understanding (language-wise) isn't good enough to really dig your issue with the "sheared off bolt with thread" .
... but this looks quite a good offer, new parts plus the trader is reliable and knows a lot about SEAT spares.

CrispyD

Jul 30, 2018
My bad klawit. I don't actually need the motor, i need the links from the motor to the wiper ie the axis that rotates the wiper as it leaves the body of the car. All the left side axis/links for sale, where the nut attaches the wiper on, have a broken end. It must be a manufacturing defect!

This bit https://www.ebay.de/itm/Seat-Altea-...me-Gestange-/230942658022?hash=item35c5414de6
but I don't really want to pay 210 euros! Car is not worth much more than that. ;)

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Ah ... understood now :doh: this conversation isn't about those wiper motors to replace ... but the "windscreen wiper bracket with operating rod and crank arm" [B)] ... i.e. 5P0 955 601 B (=left) and if at all required 5P0 955 602 A (=right)

Yes, unbelievable they sell those >100.000km old parts for the same price (~120 Euros) as they charged for a new spare part in 2006.

When I think about it, I should've sold my 2006 Sport Edition in parts rather than in one piece.

Sorry CrispyD, I'm running out of ideas ... just one more: smaller car wreckers or junk yards, that are not into digital marketing, might be addresses to check ... and hopefully they are not aware of the prices other competitors request.

CrispyD

Jul 30, 2018
I managed to find one! Rare as hen's teeth.
The reason they all have the splined end missing is because its a reverse thread, so everyone trying to remove it shears the soft alloy spline off!
I can see no engineering reason why the thread should be reversed. Silly VAG people.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.