Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
I have my auto lights working, also coming home and leaving home works perfectly. I run down to my garage and send you the adaptation map I have.

are you getting the light fault only when on Auto mode or in other modes too ?
Brilliant, that will be handy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Ok bought the rain sensor 5Q0955547A and fitted it tonight.. wipers not working when i put water on the windscreen.
Wiper stalk is in the intermittent position.
I cannot see RLHS in the obdeleven 09 submenu 2
i did see RLS about 4 times somewhere in the 09 section.

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Ok bought the rain sensor 5Q0955547A and fitted it tonight.. wipers not working when i put water on the windscreen.
Wiper stalk is in the intermittent position.
I cannot see RLHS in the obdeleven 09 submenu 2
i did see RLS about 4 times somewhere in the 09 section.

that's a bummer, I've got mine coming this week and just ordered a used SEAT auto switch from Dutch breaker, I hope you can sort it

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
Rain sensor should work without coding. I get auto wipers only when the car is started, i cant remember if this was the case before altering settings via vcds

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
more on facelift models. I got hint from this article, where icardiag mentioned that in all VW cars from MY17, some of the BCM modules are moved from coding to adaptations. http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?10616-Modules-reporting-zero-code-string&styleid=2

@iby104 you had any progress on your coding? If the light-switch is not working same as old switch ( except the auto mode ), I suspect the faulty light switch.

I used switch 5G0941431AF,
and sensor. 5Q0955547B

My switch arrived early while I was waiting for the sensor. So I installed the switch, without doing any coding and it was working fine for a week, ofcourse apart from the auto option.

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
more on facelift models. I got hint from this article, where icardiag mentioned that in all VW cars from MY17, some of the BCM modules are moved from coding to adaptations. http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?10616-Modules-reporting-zero-code-string&styleid=2

@iby104 you had any progress on your coding? If the light-switch is not working same as old switch ( except the auto mode ), I suspect the faulty light switch.

I used switch 5G0941431AF,
and sensor. 5Q0955547B

My switch arrived early while I was waiting for the sensor. So I installed the switch, without doing any coding and it was working fine for a week, ofcourse apart from the auto option.
It does seem like the switch is faulty, but i will hope rule this out tomorrow, when i see my friend with the golf gtd. If it is, il order another switch. I bought this 1 about 6 months ago, just didnt have time to install it, cant return it.

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Just a thought on my last thread about auto wiper and rain closing.. do you have to have the auto headlight switch for all the rain stuff to work ?
Also in submenu i do not see RLS at all .. has anyone got a screen shot of that menu with the RLS showing up ?
Thanks.

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Have you a link to the auto switch please ?

I bought if from a Dutch breaker who only had the one from a 2017 Leon, I just hope it's the right one when it arrives. He didn't take credit cards or PayPal and it was a pain transferring Euros to his bank account. Just Google 5G0941431AF and see what comes up, that's what I did.

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
I bought if from a Dutch breaker who only had the one from a 2017 Leon, I just hope it's the right one when it arrives. He didn't take credit cards or PayPal and it was a pain transferring Euros to his bank account. Just Google 5G0941431AF and see what comes up, that's what I did.

Thanks. I have been googling 5G0941431AF nothing to be seen at the moment.

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
Just a thought on my last thread about auto wiper and rain closing.. do you have to have the auto headlight switch for all the rain stuff to work ?
Also in submenu i do not see RLS at all .. has anyone got a screen shot of that menu with the RLS showing up ?
Thanks.
No you don't need the switch for the rain sensor to work. It should work without coding or switch.

You need to read some previous posts to see the screenshots. So, scroll up..

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Thanks. I have been googling 5G0941431AF nothing to be seen at the moment.

They are hard to come buy especially at a sensible price, mine was €35 but it is €20 for carriage, it was the only one I could find when I searched a couple of weeks ago.

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
It does seem like the switch is faulty, but i will hope rule this out tomorrow, when i see my friend with the golf gtd. If it is, il order another switch. I bought this 1 about 6 months ago, just didnt have time to install it, cant return it.

How did you get on with the switch swap?

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
They are hard to come buy especially at a sensible price, mine was €35 but it is €20 for carriage, it was the only one I could find when I searched a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers.
I have bought this as a stop gap.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Polo-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I think it will work on auto lights .. buy i may only have rear fog lights until i track the correct switch out.
Can anyone confirm this before it arrives ?
Thanks.

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
Hi guys, ive managed to try another switch from a 2017 golf gte, this only has rear fogs but the auto lights worked spot on, and i had no errors on the screen. Turns out the autolight switch i bought is faulty, it threw up the same errors on the gte as it did on mine. Damn ebay seller sold me a dodgey switch for £30

Il buy another switch and let you know how i get. Thanks vikram for all the help, much appreciated

Reactions: Jim45

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
Hi guys, ive managed to try another switch from a 2017 golf gte, this only has rear fogs but the auto lights worked spot on, and i had no errors on the screen. Turns out the autolight switch i bought is faulty, it threw up the same errors on the gte as it did on mine. Damn ebay seller sold me a dodgey switch for £30

Il buy another switch and let you know how i get. Thanks vikram for all the help, much appreciated

Glad to hear you finally found the culprit :)

Joee

May 29, 2017
Hi long time lurker and multiple SEAT owner over the years. Been reading this thread with interest over the last few weeks since looking and now buying a March 2017 (MY17) Leon FR TDI with Tech Pack in the last few weeks. Tried all options listed here to no joy.....anyway after a bit of advanced "google help" I've stumbled across a thread on clubseatleon.net which someone has found a solution for! It seems long coding doesn't work on the facelift models and everything is done through the adaptions tabs. I've tried this tonight with my own car using OBDeleven PRO and hey presto it seems to work!

The part numbers I've used are as follows:

Rain/Light Sensor: 5Q0955547A

Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Passat-Polo-Tiguan-Touran-Sharan-Seat-Leon-Skoda-Regensensor-5Q0955547A/112949661345?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Auto Light Switch (found a genuine SEAT one on ebay Germany): 5G0941431AF

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leon-5F-Lichtschalter-Automatisch-Chrom-5G0941431AF-Neuwertig/222910296838?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649.

i've copied the link to the clubseatleon thread page and also the "google translated" instructions below (obviously anything you do is at your own risk even although it worked for me).

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://www.clubseatleon.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=108398&sid=aa3bd675bdc3ad0b3cd716f7cc35a84e&start=900&xid=25657,15700022,15700124,15700149,15700168,15700186,15700189,15700201

"dariote93 wrote:Hello everyone. Finally researching I got it to work!

Those of us who did not manage to make the switch work and we had an MY17 of the latter are different from what is indicated in the tutorials.

In my case and that of @ sic58 , the car is a MY17 everything is made from adaptations, nose does nothing for long coding (from factory it comes all to 000000000000000000000).

Install the sensor and switch as before and make these modifications (I have made them with OBDeleven)

Electronic Switchboard 09 -Adaptation-Aussenlicht_uebergreifend:

Here is activated in Switch

LDS_mit_AFL: yes

This for the Coming / leaving

Coming Home Verbaustatus:
automatic
Menuesteuerung Coming Home Werkseinstellung:
activated
Coming home Leuchten:
Beam
Menueeinstellung Cominghome:
30 seconds
Coming-home Einschaltereignis:
door driver
Helligkeitsschwelle Infrarot-Messung:
18 lx
Leaving-Home Verbausstatus:
unlocked
Menuesteuerung Leaving-home Freischaltung per BAP:
activated

Electronic control unit 09 - adaptation - Assistance light functions

Leave the options as follows:

Regen_Lichtsensor:
LIN_Regen_Licht_Sensor This activates the rain / light sensor
Feuchtesensor:
mounted
Assistenzfahrlicht bei Regen:
activated
Sonnensensor:
Unmounted
LS_Error_Ausgabe:
activated
Maskierung_Regenfunktion:
inactive
Lichtsensorempfindlichkeit:
normal

Module 5F - Adaptation- Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2:

Leave as follows:

menu_display_wiper:
Ativado
menu_display_wiper_clamp_15_off:
not activated
menu_display_wiper_over_threshold_high:
Ativado
menu_display_wiper_standstill:
not activated
menu_display_wiper_after_disclaimer:
not activated

Module 5F - Adaptation-: Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2:

wiper_comfort_0x0C: Very important for the menu options to work
Ativado"

Hopefully this helps those with the facelift models! I'll try and post this on the relevant Leon section on the OBDEleven forums as well!

Enjoy

Absolute LEGEND!!

Got the sensor and switch last August and gave up after trying OBD11 and VCDS on the long coding for about a month.

Spent 5 mins tonight in OBD11 adaptions and the everything worked, except leaving home lights. Factory reset the light settings in the the car and boom, leaving home now works.

Can’t thank you enough for finding this solution!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kisszabo