Brandon Ridley

Aug 2, 2018
I have a 2017 cupra 290 dsg and was wondering if there’s a way to remove the auto-upshift when at the redline? Just sometimes you want to hold the gear going round a corner to keep the car stable and it upshifts.

aaaa_kk

Nov 19, 2016
Crawley, West Sussex
DSG remap! I’ve got the APR dsg software and it’s great it speeds up the shifts, removes the torque limiter from the gearbox, and lets you hit the Rev limiter like a manual!

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
Just sometimes you want to hold the gear going round a corner to keep the car stable and it upshifts.
Ouch! I would expect it to avoid doing that i.e. that no remap or setting change would be needed.

The car's got the sensors to tell it what's going on (which in the past many cars didn't have).

Deleted member 103408

Not for amateurs but can you not do this using VCP

Deleted member 103408

But even manual mode still has stuff going on like kick down when you may not want it.

which my map has turned off

Last edited by a moderator:

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I'm really not sure why you'd want to be so close to the redline mid corner, you won't have any drive past the apex. With the torque of these things you could run one gear higher and let it upshift past the exit.
Unless you are holding the one gear on a twisty road and rev it out between corners?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.