Water in cylinder 4

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Hi everyone,

My mk2 FL Cupra recently had a major service and it was noted that water was found in the cylinder 4 chamber, the garage couldn't see any reason why.

Would you know what may cause this? I don't have an engine cover fitted due to an induction kit, so could it have got in there from rain? Washing the car?

It's been dried out and new plugs have been fitted but obviously I now need to keep it on my radar in case it happens again.

As I'm looking down at the engine, what one is cylinder 4? And is it just a case of removing the plug and checking inside?

Thanks

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I was told Cylinder 1 on mine is rusted to cr@p (The one closet to the expansion tank). I struggle to get the coil pack / plugs in and out. The garage think whoever owned the car before me cleaned the engine bay with a pressure washer. The other 3 cylinders seem alright.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
I've done some searching on here and seen a couple of people who've had really rusted ones. I can't imagine taking a pressure washer to the engine bay, that's a scary thought, something I've never done, or ever will.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
The plastic scuttle on the bonnet leaks water onto the soundproofing which then finds it's way onto the engine. Crap design that was never fully acknowledge/fixed by Seat

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Thanks for your feedback guys. I threw my bonnet soundproofing piece away, it got too moldy and and it kept coming off the clips anyway. I'll have a look under the scuttle from underneath the bonnet and see what I can do.

Reactions: fozzybear

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
I,m sure I,ve seen a cover for engine that replaces airbox and covers coils/fuelrail/elecs...on either here or on custom webpages...will try and find and let you know...would solve your issue I,m sure

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
Found carbon engine cover for tfsi engines https://goo.gl/images/u8gGRu if worksor just type in search on google this should stop the water going on top of engine
I,m sure I,ve seen a cover for engine that replaces airbox and covers coils/fuelrail/elecs...on either here or on custom webpages...will try and find and let you know...would solve your issue I,m sure

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.