MY19 & Easy Order to MY19 & Easy Offer

cyrix2000

Aug 14, 2018
I really don't like the "Easy Move" system. For example you cannot get a Leon FR with ACC anymore. Why do they take away choice?

stressfree

Jul 26, 2018
wltp is the reason, as cars need testing with every additional option, because it might impact the result by adding weight or wind resistance. A lot of car manufacturers are dropping individual options and making them as predefined packs (to speed up wltp testing and reduce build cost). However, looks like SEAT used this opportunity to maximise profit and not offer better speced cars or flexibility to customers, however this is my personal opinion, I am sure that people who decide car spec in SEAT are very smart and confident that 'Easy Move' will not affect sale much.

cyrix2000

Aug 14, 2018
With me they may have lost a customer now... My last three cars were Seat but with this new configuration model I cannot build any car which has all of the options I need... Especially as the models are mutually exclusive for certain options. So even if you were willing to spend more you cannot configure a fully equipped car anymore

Erunamo

Jul 19, 2018
I really don't like the "Easy Move" system. For example you cannot get a Leon FR with ACC anymore. Why do they take away choice?
It must be an error, or the configurator hasn't been updated yet, because here in Spain you still can choose the Leon FR or Leon FR Plus with ACC

cyrix2000

Aug 14, 2018
It must be an error, or the configurator hasn't been updated yet, because here in Spain you still can choose the Leon FR or Leon FR Plus with ACC
I'm not so sure as the ACC option has also disappeared from the Ateca FR. SEAT UK seems to think that only Leon/Ateca Excellence buyers want ACC but not FR buyers.

Erunamo

Jul 19, 2018
I'm not so sure as the ACC option has also disappeared from the Ateca FR. SEAT UK seems to think that only Leon/Ateca Excellence buyers want ACC but not FR buyers.
Here in Spain, for MY19, ACC is included in FR/FR Plus as standar, and its an option for Xcellence. That's why I think it's just an error...

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Here in Spain, for MY19, ACC is included in FR/FR Plus as standar, and its an option for Xcellence. That's why I think it's just an error...
ACC is probably seen as something u would use on motorways, preferable with DSG and if u were doing motorway miles, the Excellence trim with comfort suspension would suit better and not so much with the FR/Sport suspension

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

cyrix2000

Aug 14, 2018
Yes I guess but I have the FR with DSG and ACC at the moment and when my leasing runs out I want it again .. The FR just looks so much better than the Excellence and further other bits of equipment aren't available for the Excellence which you can get for the FR. Really stupid move from SEAT....

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Yes I guess but I have the FR with DSG and ACC at the moment and when my leasing runs out I want it again .. The FR just looks so much better than the Excellence and further other bits of equipment aren't available for the Excellence which you can get for the FR. Really stupid move from SEAT....
There is a lot that doesnt make sense on the new specs. I think they are winding the mk3 down to get ready for the mk4. Think custom might start to go elsewhere as a fair amount people just tick every option box there is and as there isnt many options, these customers may go elsewhere.

Sean Dick

Aug 18, 2018
Hi, wondering if someone could help, I'm in the process of ordering a Leon fr technology 1.4 150, I've been told I will be receiving the 1.4 evo instead and reading the pdf posted in this thread I'm not entirely sure what I will now actually be getting and what will be standard on it. Are the only differences the convenience pack and interior lights?

AlexOS

Hi, wondering if someone could help, I'm in the process of ordering a Leon fr technology 1.4 150, I've been told I will be receiving the 1.4 evo instead and reading the pdf posted in this thread I'm not entirely sure what I will now actually be getting and what will be standard on it. Are the only differences the convenience pack and interior lights?
Best bet is look at page one of this thread, click on Scrogg’s MY19 easy offer link, that should answer most questions I believe...

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
All linked to WLTP and what options they offer that will meet emissions standards

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
no acc or premium audio anymore

silly move by seat
SEAT possibly have their hands tied to meet new regs and clearly need to sell cars before the MK4 comes out. Hopefully the options list and what combinations can be applied to a build will improve with the new model

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Standard spec. trim levels with few if any options may be the way the industry is headed. Presumably it makes producing vehicles easier ( and therefore potentially more cost-effective ) and in theory should bring down the long lead times that everyone hates.
Some manufacturers are already doing this - Hyundai and Kia and to a certain extent Renault spring to mind - where you chose a trim level, an engine option and paint colour and that's pretty much it.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Standard spec. trim levels with few if any options may be the way the industry is headed. Presumably it makes producing vehicles easier ( and therefore potentially more cost-effective ) and in theory should bring down the long lead times that everyone hates.
Some manufacturers are already doing this - Hyundai and Kia and to a certain extent Renault spring to mind - where you chose a trim level, an engine option and paint colour and that's pretty much it.

seeing as the cost of new cars has been ramped up over the past few years they should just make the top two trim levels have everything bar engine power.
the price of the extra`s is minimal in the real mass-production world

Reactions: stressfree

Blue Boy

Apr 6, 2018
I understand the MY19 models are now available to order. It would be nice to see some images on the website and an updated configurator. Anyone know when the site will be updated?

AlexOS

I
Hi everyone! Thanks in special to @Scrogg for sharing all these informations to us. :)

I have just a question about WLAN:

In that post (https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/amazon-alexa.442331/) there was some discussion about a possible "WLAN as default" for every Leon produced starting on august 2018, even with the standard navi.

In the second page of this thread, It was said that WLAN would be somehow postponed to MY20. That made me kinda sad because I think WLAN in cars has huge potential (Android Auto is becoming wireless, Apple Carplay too, the whole Alexa thing and so on).

So well, today Ive found the following article https://www.seat.com/future-today/move-and-live.html which based on google was published/edited today with the following text:

Also the following article is interesting:
https://www.pocket-lint.com/cars/news/amazon/145285-seat-rolls-out-amazon-alexa-to-its-card

So yeah, could somebody bring some light in this topic?

Thanks again!
find it a little frustrating that this isn’t available for the iPhone too.. both the Alexa app and Seat media control are, and supposedly work, so why can’t they have them working like on Android?

My Cupra ST is delayed until the cows come home, so hopefully they’ll work it out in the meantime so that I can have this soon..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.