Order Lead Times

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
I didn’t know if there was more wait after it gets to the dealer for registration etc? Is that 7-10 days until collection or until delivery at dealer..

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Is that 7-10 days until collection or until delivery at dealer..
It's 7-10 days from port to dealership, that's why i put 7-10 days from port to dealership.

Once it arrives at the dealership they need to PDI, valet and register it. How long that takes varies from one dealership to the next depending on how big/how busy they are, so you'll need to ask them how long they take.

AlexOS

It's 7-10 days from port to dealership, that's why i put 7-10 days from port to dealership.

Once it arrives at the dealership they need to PDI, valet and register it. How long that takes varies from one dealership to the next depending on how big/how busy they are, so you'll need to ask them how long they take.
Nice of someone working for a dealer to be honest.. On my current car, the dealer tried to tell me 2 weeks from factory to delivery.... Now I know from experience that its upto 3 weeks from factory to UK port, then another couple to the dealer and then however long they take to get it PDI'd, registered etc.

With my FR, the dealer didn't know I had spoken to Seat direct, and knew the car was in port in the UK, and they were still trying to tell me it hadn't been built yet and that was the delay... I got that car 6 weeks late, but still WAY better than my Cupra ST... still waiting.... waiting.... waiting... waiting.... lol Starting to think it might come with a 19 plate...

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Nice of someone working for a dealer to be honest..

Despite SEAT telling me my car had been built, and the dealer telling me it should be ready to pick up by end of month, the a$$-hats at SEAT UK have now told me my car Is delayed.

It wasnt actually built in its "confirmed" build week of CW31 because of the summer shutdown, even though the factory didnt shut till 11th August, a week after my car was supposed to have been built. Its now being built CW38 (apparently a 2 week shutdown adds 7 weeks to the delay) + shipping/delivery/etc/etc were now looking at October/November.

AlexOS

Despite SEAT telling me my car had been built, and the dealer telling me it should be ready to pick up by end of month, the a$$-hats at SEAT UK have now told me my car Is delayed.

It wasnt actually built in its "confirmed" build week of CW31 because of the summer shutdown, even though the factory didnt shut till 11th August, a week after my car was supposed to have been built. Its now being built CW38 (apparently a 2 week shutdown adds 7 weeks to the delay) + shipping/delivery/etc/etc were now looking at October/November.
Unless it’s a 5 door, I wouldn’t Get your hopes up for anything earlier than mid-December...

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Updated cw34 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 10-12 weeks
Ibiza 10-12 weeks
Toledo 10-12 weeks
Leon 5dr 10-12 weeks
Leon ST 10-12 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Ateca 10-12 weeks
Alhambra 10-12 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 TSI 115 DSG-auto +2 weeks
Ibiza FR Sport +2 weeks

Arona 1.0 TSI 115 DSG-auto +8 weeks

Leon 1.4 EcoTSI 150 +8 weeks (will be built as 1.5 TSI EVO 150)
Leon FR Sport +10 weeks

Ateca FR Sport +10 weeks

There are no additional lead times for any factory option not listed

AlexOS

VW groups handling of WLTP I a bloody joke...

It is now 25 weeks since I ordered my Cupra ST 4Drive... 24 since I got a confirmed SLI, yet the latest info is AT LEAST another 11-16 weeks until it gets built... 16-21 for delivery... and even that’s just an estimate...

sembattis

Jun 28, 2018
VW groups handling of WLTP I a bloody joke...

It is now 25 weeks since I ordered my Cupra ST 4Drive... 24 since I got a confirmed SLI, yet the latest info is AT LEAST another 11-16 weeks until it gets built... 16-21 for delivery... and even that’s just an estimate...

I ordered an Ibiza FR 1.5TSI EVO week 20, and still have no confirmed build week. The dealer told me that they will start to build 1.5TSI Ibizas week 48-49, so my delivery is going to be earliest in January....

Sean Dick

Aug 18, 2018
My order for a leon fr 1.5 evo was placed on the 28th August and the dealer has told me the car is expected by the 5th of January. Thought I would post it here just to give people an idea of how long orders seem to be taking just now.

Reactions: Aris88

AlexOS

Thanks
My order for a leon fr 1.5 evo was placed on the 28th August and the dealer has told me the car is expected by the 5th of January. Thought I would post it here just to give people an idea of how long orders seem to be taking just now.
thanks Sean, by a Cupra is generally 10+ weeks on top of the standard Leon, and for those of us who’ve ordered the ST 4drive, he car hasn’t even been through WLTP yet..

Reactions: Maxloafer

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Volkswagen Group brands have been particularly affected by the change in tests. Audi, Seat, Skoda and VW all issued a similar statement that they are restricted from disclosing exactly which model lines are due to change or are experiencing delays.

The delays in switching production to WLTP-compliant cars has caused deliveries to fall behind: Seat sources estimate a four-to-eight-month wait for bestselling models.

Interesting read

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/vw-group-hit-hard-new-wltp-emissions-test

There's a typo in the article - says Cupra R instead of 300.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

AlexOS

Volkswagen Group brands have been particularly affected by the change in tests. Audi, Seat, Skoda and VW all issued a similar statement that they are restricted from disclosing exactly which model lines are due to change or are experiencing delays.

So 6 companies admit to issues.. and 5 of them are VWAG. Tells you something about the organisation in general..

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Updated cw36 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 8-10 weeks
Ibiza 8-10 weeks
Leon 5dr 8-10 weeks
Leon ST 8-10 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Ateca 8-10 weeks
Alhambra 8-10 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 TSI +4 weeks
Ibiza FR Sport +4 weeks

Leon 1.0 TSI 115 +10 weeks
Leon 1.4 EcoTSI 150 +6 weeks (will be built as 1.5 TSI EVO 150)
Leon FR Sport +10 weeks

Ateca 1.0 TSI 115 +10 weeks
Ateca FR Sport +10 weeks

Pepper28

Jun 18, 2018
Updated cw36 2018

Mii 8-10 weeks
Ibiza 8-10 weeks
Leon 5dr 8-10 weeks
Leon ST 8-10 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Ateca 8-10 weeks
Alhambra 8-10 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 TSI +4 weeks
Ibiza FR Sport +4 weeks

Leon FR Sport +10 weeks

Ateca FR Sport +10 weeks

How can these be the wait times for now if those who ordered in May, due for September delivery, have been told there may be a 4 to 8 month delay? That makes at least another 12 weeks. Would ordering a new one be quicker?

rageuk

Jun 30, 2007
West Yorkshire
How can these be the wait times for now if those who ordered in May, due for September delivery, have been told there may be a 4 to 8 month delay? That makes at least another 12 weeks. Would ordering a new one be quicker?

I’ve just been told that my Leon that was due on 21st September is now not going to arrive until some point in November

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
Updated cw36 2018

Mii 8-10 weeks
Ibiza 8-10 weeks
Leon 5dr 8-10 weeks
Leon ST 8-10 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Ateca 8-10 weeks
Alhambra 8-10 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 TSI +4 weeks
Ibiza FR Sport +4 weeks

Leon FR Sport +10 weeks

Ateca FR Sport +10 weeks

I've just ordered a Leon FR Sport 1.5 TSI EVO 150, been told by the dealer 10-12 weeks but looking at your lead times it looks like he just quoted the normal 5dr times. Just to clarify you have +6 next to 1.5 TSI EVO, and +10 next to the FR Sport, does that mean +16 weeks or +10 weeks for the combination of the two. Thanks.

olie93

Jun 7, 2014
Whittlesey
I've just ordered a Leon FR Sport 1.5 TSI EVO 150, been told by the dealer 10-12 weeks but looking at your lead times it looks like he just quoted the normal 5dr times. Just to clarify you have +6 next to 1.5 TSI EVO, and +10 next to the FR Sport, does that mean +16 weeks or +10 weeks for the combination of the two. Thanks.

I believe scrogg has said in the past:

Current factory-order lead times, from order to arrival at your dealership, are shown below:
N.B: Additional lead times are concurrent not consecutive, so an Arona 1.0 TSI 115 DSG-auto XCELLENCE Lux would be +14 not +28 etc

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members