Autobrite Training Day (Car Detailing)

Deleted member 103408

I will bring the Pork Pies, Deviled eggs, Ham, Cheese and I can bring Vegy Meat for those who like it.

Or we could go to a nice food place nearby I fancy Piemaster - yes I am joking

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You say that but our cars look clean due to the colour I think... In real life it maybe a different story. Also I may be cleaning all wrong lol who knows... I'm by any means a pro haha I started detailing in January...

Hmm, unfortunately the previous owner of mine either cleaned it with a sweeping brush or visited the £5 hand car wash weekly. I've spent months getting the paintwork looking better. But I dread to think what it'd look like under the detailing lamps.

Trub is I think lunch break is about an hour. So eg going to Dave's Bistro for an all day bfast might be a push.. plus, I'll fall asleep afterwards. Wonder if that stone baked pizza place in Stoke deliver.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Best week for me is 24th Sept - 30 Sept
Can't do the 8th or 10th October

I can't do 21st or 24th or 25th September. I'd prefer it not to be a Tue, Wed or Thur. And I can't sit next to anyone who's names Tarquin, wearing a bowtie or the colour orange.

So to kick off the bidding... what about 28th, 29th or 30th September? That's assuming they do Sundays.

Deleted member 103408

I am good with all three of those days and I think Tarquin is on the Audi site not the Seat one :)

Reactions: Legojon

Deleted member 103408

Sorry just showed dates to the MRS even though there is nothing in the diary afraid i have to be at home that week now...

so back to drawing board for dates. i am double checking with mrs and will update

Deleted member 103408

cant do
17th, 24th Sept - 30 Sept
8th, 10th 20th - 22nd October
7th - 12th Dec

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I've emailed them with the list of everything we put and asked for dates and what the plan on the day is.

See what we get back.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Unless people want to help me get the engine cover off lol I have a Cam follower to fit...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Unless people want to help me get the engine cover off lol I have a Cam follower to fit...

I'll bring a pry bar. Maybe we can "rock" it off. Have you tried spraying the mount points with wd40 btw?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'll bring a pry bar. Maybe we can "rock" it off. Have you tried spraying the mount points with wd40 btw?
I did but maybe not enough lol I am using quite alot of force but in the end it's only plastic so part of me doesn't want to screw it up lol

I'm looking forward to see who's engine is louder on start up lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I did but maybe not enough lol I am using quite alot of force but in the end it's only plastic so part of me doesn't want to screw it up lol

I'm looking forward to see who's engine is louder on start up lol

They do take a lot of force to pull off. Rather than use brute force, I meant pick one of the 4 mounts and wiggle it side to side. What your trying to do is work a rubber donut up and over one of these:
yjmhT9I.jpg

Well, I park next to a stock Cupra at work. So I'm feeling confident :D

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
They do take a lot of force to pull off. Rather than use brute force, I meant pick one of the 4 mounts and wiggle it side to side. What your trying to do is work a rubber donut up and over one of these:
yjmhT9I.jpg

Well, I park next to a stock Cupra at work. So I'm feeling confident :D

Won’t be me as my Cupra is Stock. So likely I’ll be last.

Deleted member 103408

Paddy and I might be able to help out, just had to check my decibel reading for a track day to ensure I could run the car (and i can)

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Won’t be me as my Cupra is Stock. So likely I’ll be last.
By engine is louder I mean which one sounds more like nuts and bolts on start up lol I think it's a MK2 thing... One you'll be glad not to have...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise