What are you using...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ooo, and I noticed Gyeon do an anti mist kit that gets good reviews. I may have to get the trim, maybe glass and anti-mist. I have so many leaking seals now (not the aquatic type) I have to sit on the driveway for about 15 minutes waiting for the aircon to clear it.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ooo, and I noticed Gyeon do an anti mist kit that gets good reviews. I may have to get the trim, maybe glass and anti-mist. I have so many leaking seals now (not the aquatic type) I have to sit on the driveway for about 15 minutes waiting for the aircon to clear it.
I cheat and have a dehumidifier bag under the front seat so I have no issues, change the bag over every 4 months... Let me know if anything you buy is good... I love a good new detailing product haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I cheat and have a dehumidifier bag under the front seat so I have no issues, change the bag over every 4 months... Let me know if anything you buy is good... I love a good new detailing product haha

I had one of them, but blew it up in the microwave! Gotta wait another week till pay day before I buy anything... but least that gives me time to select some products to try. If the weathers nice tomorrow I'm going to polish the bonnet and give the whole car a new coat of wax. I spun the wheel and I think tomorrow I'll mostly be using ... poorboys (mainly because I'm feeling really lazy) (for a change).

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Theoretically there's enough here to last me through to the end of next year... at least.

sIbF7TS.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Your theory is wrong, Legojon...........you need to buy a lot more products :thumbup:

:rofl: Your right. I held out as long as I could. I'm mentally building a list for payday. I want to give a couple of Gyeon products a try... and some liquid collonite... and you can never have too many Klin Korea drying towels.

FRMike

Jun 18, 2018
I did my car last Thursday and my product list was:

Wheels:

bilt hamber wheel cleaner
Meguiars endurance tyre gel

Body:

Pro kleen snow foam
Meguiars wash and wax shampoo

Autobrite direct fallout 2.0

Halfords bug and tar remover ( better product already on order and on its way!!! NOOB!!)

Auto finesse clay-bar and Glide spray (never done clay before but first time for everything)

Auto finesse tripple polish
Auto finesse radiance wax

And the finish was great.

56ff0579d80358e1f273a0f82433d734.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looking at them myself. What you interested in?

To start with I'm thinking Trim restorer. Maybe the glass coating. And possibly the anti-fog. But not sure if the glass coating negates the need for the anti-fog. :think:

I'm pretty happy with my foam, shampoo, polishes, glazes and waxes. But, constantly annoyed with glass cleaners and wheel cleaners. I'm happy with the autoglym trim gel, except I have to reapply it every 2-3 weeks.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
To start with I'm thinking Trim restorer.

I’m looking at the Trim Restorer too. Never really used anything like that before but I think the car will benefit from it.

I always have trouble actually cleaning the inside of the windscreen. I can never get in the right position to do it and therefore usually do a poor job on it, which I immediately regret in bright sunshine when the glass looks streaky. Any tips?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I always have trouble actually cleaning the inside of the windscreen. I can never get in the right position to do it and therefore usually do a poor job on it, which I immediately regret in bright sunshine when the glass looks streaky. Any tips?

I hate cleaning inside the windscreen as I keep hitting my head on the :censored: mirror. I'm not the best at glass. But from what I have learnt, little is best. Applying a lot will just mean you'll be buffing it for hours. Also, the cloth tends to absorb the cleaner, so you just end up rubbing it back in. So I apply it with 1 cloth and remove it with 1-2 other cloths... usually I get fed up and use kitchen towel to remove it. Its highly absorbent and doesn't streak. Not sure how appropriate it is for glass. But I don't recall in GCSE science paper being able to cut/scratch glass :D

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I hate cleaning inside the windscreen as I keep hitting my head on the :censored: mirror. I'm not the best at glass. But from what I have learnt, little is best.

What’s the best stuff you’ve used? I have a few quid burning a hole in my pocket and 12 days leave due soon and I’m itching to give the car a going over.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
What’s the best stuff you’ve used? I have a few quid burning a hole in my pocket and 12 days leave due soon and I’m itching to give the car a going over.

For glass, so far I haven't tried as many brands as I have polish/wax. But I'm probably going to get some more dodo juice. I actually use it for when birds :censored: on my car as well. You can spray loads on the bodywork and it leaves no residue.

Reactions: Maypack

Trout

Feb 28, 2018
I’m looking at the Trim Restorer too. Never really used anything like that before but I think the car will benefit from it.

If you are not using a glass cloth, that will help. Another tip is too clean vertically then horizontally which can help in getting to the spots we all invariably seem to miss. It is always a very awkward job and takes some patience to get it cleaned to an acceptable standard, I'm sure you will all agree.

As for products, Legojon seems to be keen to try Gyeon products, so why not try Gyeon Q2M Glass. I have not tried it myself but would be worth a punt if you want to try something new.

Trout

Feb 28, 2018
I have used Gyeon Q2 Trim and preferred it to Gtechniq.
Trim dressings seem to be either easy to apply and don't last long or are long lasting and a pain to apply properly.

The only other Gyeon product I have used is their Q2 Tire dressing and again I preferred it to the other tyre dressings I have used, including Gtechniq T1 which was the next best. IMHO

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018
For glass, so far I haven't tried as many brands as I have polish/wax. But I'm probably going to get some more dodo juice. I actually use it for when birds :censored: on my car as well. You can spray loads on the bodywork and it leaves no residue.
I use Auto Glym car glass polish if the windows haven't been done in a while. Apply with 1 microfibre, about a 2p sized blob, then remove with another microfibre.
If I'm in a rush or just want to get rid of water streaks after a wash, I use Halfords glass cleaner in the green spray bottle. Its actually really great stuff and leaves no streaks.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise