Autobrite Training Day (Car Detailing)

Deleted member 103408

Ah ok I make up a sound effect then so I dont feel left out or maybe bring my broken gearbox along as that made a good sound :)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ah ok I make up a sound effect then so I dont feel left out or maybe bring my broken gearbox along as that made a good sound :)
Do you think that your broken gearbox noise was worse than curbing your alloy noise...

Still the worst noise I've heard lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Paddy and I might be able to help out, just had to check my decibel reading for a track day to ensure I could run the car (and i can)

Whats revs do you measure it at?

By engine is louder I mean which one sounds more like nuts and bolts on start up lol I think it's a MK2 thing... One you'll be glad not to have...

I figured thats what you meant. Mines alright from warm though.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Got an email yesterday from Kev the trainer there and he replied with this once I sent him the list of things we would like to look at...

I will look into this and get back to you. We may look at hosting an additional group course if the numbers are there. We currently only have 2 group courses remaining for this year.

Regards

Kev

He is going to get back to me with a number and if needs be I have 2 friends that would like to come to this so I can bring them along if we need them lol

I'm on it.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Got an email yesterday from Kev the trainer there and he replied with this once I sent him the list of things we would like to look at...

I will look into this and get back to you. We may look at hosting an additional group course if the numbers are there. We currently only have 2 group courses remaining for this year.

Regards

Kev

He is going to get back to me with a number and if needs be I have 2 friends that would like to come to this so I can bring them along if we need them lol

I'm on it.

I have a friend who would come along too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbobcook

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Apologies as I haven't had time to read the whole thread (at work), is this still happening in Stoke-on-Trent? I'd be interested in attending but also... I'm still after someone who can do a couple of tweaks to my car (e.g. single touch mirror fold etc.), so it might be double benefit for me! :) :)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Apologies as I haven't had time to read the whole thread (at work), is this still happening in Stoke-on-Trent? I'd be interested in attending but also... I'm still after someone who can do a couple of tweaks to my car (e.g. single touch mirror fold etc.), so it might be double benefit for me! :) :)
No worries buddy, it's a benefit of mine working in IT so looking at a screen is normal...

It is currently still in motion and should be in Stoke-on-Trent so you should be good to go if you wanted in.

I'm sure we can sort any things you want doing. I think we all have something so you'll have a choice haha

Reactions: afcajax73

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
No worries buddy, it's a benefit of mine working in IT so looking at a screen is normal...

It is currently still in motion and should be in Stoke-on-Trent so you should be good to go if you wanted in.

I'm sure we can sort any things you want doing. I think we all have something so you'll have a choice haha
awesome :) sounds good to me.. and on my doorstep

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
awesome sounds good to me.. and on my doorstep

Let’s move the day to Cumbria then it’s on my doorstep and @afcajax73 can have a nice run out

Seriously, nice it being on your doorstep.

Do we all get invited round for coffee and biscuits lol. Imagine 5+ Cupra’s parked outside your house. The neighbours would love you... and imagine the Pops and Bangs

Reactions: Legojon

Deleted member 103408

@Jimbobcook is waiting for them to come back and confirm when and what, If we are on the same course more than happy to bring the OBD11 along and make some changes for you.

Reactions: afcajax73

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I don't get pops and bangs :cry:

I've never really liked pops n bangs. :duck:I'm in a minority though, in the Revo survey it went 75% like / 25% dislike. They are looking at adding it as an option I believe.

Deleted member 103408

I've never really liked pops n bangs. :duck:I'm in a minority though, in the Revo survey it went 75% like / 25% dislike. They are looking at adding it as an option I believe.

Well I am in the minority with you, Dsg fart if fine but no more.

Reactions: Legojon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Well I am in the minority with you, Dsg fart if fine but no more.

Ace! I was lying in bed this morning and I heard a car outside popping n banging the :censored: out of it. This isn't unusual for my road. But he was crawling along. Up to about 2000 revs in first. Then about 2000 revs in second. Sounded like he was hardly on the accelerator and there was about 7-8 pops n bangs in each gear. I just thought "that would drive me feking nuts if I was driving it".

Deleted member 103408

Ace! I was lying in bed this morning and I heard a car outside popping n banging the :censored: out of it. This isn't unusual for my road. But he was crawling along. Up to about 2000 revs in first. Then about 2000 revs in second. Sounded like he was hardly on the accelerator and there was about 7-8 pops n bangs in each gear. I just thought "that would drive me feking nuts if I was driving it".

Yes we got them as well, tend to be Vauxhall or old Honda's and I agree would drive me nuts.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.