Date for the diary 18th September 2018

Tell

Staff member

Tell

Staff member
Lucky you. I'm hoping it will be everything the Ateca is but with the front passenger legroom and Seat UK will stop being silly on Mapcare. I can handle another foot at the back :).

Launch is in the evening.... no sign of a live YouTube feed. Going under #SeatTarraco

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
IMG_20180918_180804-2320x1305.jpg

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Will you be online streaming it.... I'd like the launch like the Kodiaq one which I watched at home.

If they happen to bung up the YouTube channel post up :). Couldn't find anything earlier of the Seat Twitter feed. I'll watch it in windy Wales.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Live streaming will be hard the car isn't easily viewed it's surrounded by wood at the moment.

Tell

Staff member
I'll make do with the concept of it being 12" longer... where they put those inches is the question. How much extra room up front.... can you drop the glove box without it hitting your knees like the Ateca etc. How the rear seat is configured if you don't have the third row in 4Drive mode etc.

Looked like it was getting the newer infotainment screen perhaps from a video I saw. Mib2.5 like VW ?.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I've got plenty of pics and a few videos hopefully should be able to get them on here as a review tomorrow.

Tell

Staff member
Thanks.... no sign of rhodium grey there. Urano is a solid grey. Wonder how close Indium Grey is to Rhodium Grey. See I'll be having to visit the local Seat and Skoda dealers to work out the colours.

Reckon Indium Grey is a mistype by the Seat UK people... A bit of an old Seat colour... reckon they mean Rhodium Grey but I could be wrong.

Wonder if they have given up not supporting Mapcare and saying it's far too complicated etc etc when Seat Ireland manages it along with most European Seat. VW and Skoda through unlimited for life in.

Only having gesture control on the Plus units will irritate some. Given I'm getting fed up driving on old maps I was going to go for the standard unit. Would make my day to hear Seat UK say we are now selling Mapcare or just bundling in unlimited updates as VW and Skoda.

Notice the nose looks longer than the Ateca which suggests that front legroom comes from pushing the dash and seats back. The back looks Ateca like apart from the bar and my reading suggests Audi pointing type of indicatir lights round there.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks.... no sign of rhodium grey there. Urano is a solid grey. Wonder how close Indium Grey is to Rhodium Grey. See I'll be having to visit the local Seat and Skoda dealers to work out the colours.

Reckon Indium Grey is a mistype by the Seat UK people... A bit of an old Seat colour... reckon they mean Rhodium Grey but I could be wrong.

Wonder if they have given up not supporting Mapcare and saying it's far too complicated etc etc when Seat Ireland manages it along with most European Seat. VW and Skoda through unlimited for life in.

Only having gesture control on the Plus units will irritate some. Given I'm getting fed up driving on old maps I was going to go for the standard unit. Would make my day to hear Seat UK say we are now selling Mapcare or just bundling in unlimited updates as VW and Skoda.

Notice the nose looks longer than the Ateca which suggests that front legroom comes from pushing the dash and seats back. The back looks Ateca like apart from the bar and my reading suggests Audi pointing type of indicatir lights round there.

As requested we checkef the glove box opening and it didn't go well although I am 6ft3...
IMG_20180918_204814-2320x1305.jpg

As for colours I didn't ask for any specifics I'm afraid and the lighting made it very difficult to get a decent pic of both...

IMG_20180918_203358-2320x1305.jpg
IMG_20180918_195818-2320x1305.jpg

Is there anything on the car you wanted to see pics of that the press release didn't show?

Tell

Staff member
As requested we checkef the glove box opening and it didn't go well although I am 6ft3...
View attachment 1700

As for colours I didn't ask for any specifics I'm afraid and the lighting made it very difficult to get a decent pic of both...

View attachment 1698 View attachment 1699
Is there anything on the car you wanted to see pics of that the press release didn't show?

You got 2" more than me... although on the Kodiaq and Allspace there is the extra legroom getting through so I'm hoping it will be similar. I do feel embarrassed in the Ateca for the front passenger what has less legroom than in a 17 year old or so Punto.

Looks Rhodium Grey in those pictures so perhaps a typo in the press release unless Seat have abandoned that colour. It is close to one of the Audi colours.

Obviously any pictures of that rear view mirror.

Thanks.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.