Is the Ateca range fitted with the Soundaktor gizmo?

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
As above title, if it is then I will delete it , don't want to start removing trim in the engine bay to find it is not there
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
If you plug in an OBDeleven reader and go into apps you will see the Sound Aktor lusted if it is fitted and from then you can turn it off without having to move any trim at all.

Worth a try at least.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
If you plug in an OBDeleven reader and go into apps you will see the Sound Aktor listed if it is fitted and from then you can turn it off without having to move any trim at all.

Worth a try at least.
Thanks, I don't have OBD Eleven though, I do have a bluetooth ELM327 interface, are there any free Android Apps I could try your solution with

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Thanks, I don't have OBD Eleven though, I do have a bluetooth ELM327 interface, are there any free Android Apps I could try your solution with

I’m not sure. There may be someone on here who lives near you that had OBDeleven that may be able to check it out for you. Other than that there’s a meet at Castleton in the Peak District on 13th October where I know you will be able to get it (and other mods checked out).

Don’t think anyone is coming in an Ateca so it would be a good addition for the day.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
I’m not sure. There may be someone on here who lives near you that had OBDeleven that may be able to check it out for you. Other than that there’s a meet at Castleton in the Peak District on 13th October where I know you will be able to get it (and other mods checked out).

Don’t think anyone is coming in an Ateca so it would be a good addition for the day.
I have been following that thread, it took me back to my "1st" Honeymoon, a completely unplanned event which involved getting in the car, post nuptials, (a Ford Capri 1.6 GT) and driving up the M1 for the 1st time from Surrey and finding a Pub B&B in Castleton. That was in 1973.
Now I am 1.5 hours north of there, the Blue John mine is an interesting feature in Castleton.

Tell

Staff member
Nooo.... It's a nice silent running vehicle without the need to sound like a car... you do get the actual active regeneration in the diesel 2.0 at the end of some journeys which can give you enough sound to disturb the neighbours:). Or if you have the virtual pedal it makes a delivery van reversing sound so it doesn't wack your head but that can be turned off by OBDEleven but I wouldn't recommend it. Also gives a beep if something gets in the way when closing which means I'm not closed - suspect that one gets turned off by those that don't like the beep, beep. beep...

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Nooo.... It's a nice silent running vehicle without the need to sound like a car... you do get the actual active regeneration in the diesel 2.0 at the end of some journeys which can give you enough sound to disturb the neighbours:). Or if you have the virtual pedal it makes a delivery van reversing sound so it doesn't wack your head but that can be turned off by OBDEleven but I wouldn't recommend it. Also gives a beep if something gets in the way when closing which means I'm not closed - suspect that one gets turned off by those that don't like the beep, beep. beep...
Thanks @Tell
Didn't think I had it but was not sure, good to know it is "real" noise in Sport mode !!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.